• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The only site I can buy Cryptocurrency on that I have a verified account for requires authentication from a phone number I don't have anymore. And trying to sign up anywhere else right now seems to be a lost fucking cause.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Mar 10, 2018
Just bought 50k more. I'll be eating tendies in my lambo real soon.
Internet rn:

RLbZu93G5_fHN29lSmMoBYdPri0kS7ck4rVrdw6s5x3mVYu5anc-QLp7iDZmRRB-WIHVV9V7k-JfXCibVL5r3Jhf3zsztAL3LguF

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
My friends are calling me to see if they can send me money on venmo to buy dogecoin for them. This is catching on fast.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Robinhood, before it died, said that I couldn't buy cryptocurrency through them in Texas. I don't know if that is true, or because shit was dying.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So is this just a buy for the lol or is there some reasoning behind buying Dogecoin?

Feels like a distraction to get people out of GME :p
Most people who buy Doge do it because they have other leftover coins from previous trades/fees that are worthless or don't meet minimum thresholds to do anything with. So they trade into Doge because it's a funny somewhat useful meme currency that'll never die.

Hence how people just end up with massive bags that they never trade for the lulz

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
When would be the best time to sell?
Keep a close eye on things. Right now people are rabid. Once you start seeing more negative news articles and it starts to drop and the initial frenzy has passed, sell.

Looking back at what happened with GME is a great idea. It would have kept going up until the Robinhood stuff this morning. Something similiar will happen with doge. You just need to spot it before the normies do.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you all want a lesson in holding and want to learn from my errors, I paid about $90 back in 2013 for 124500 dogecoin.

Needless to say, tonight would feel a little different for me if I held it all until this point.

wv7poyW.png

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
lol, I'm trying to open a Robinhood account but they're getting absolutely slammed. 30 minute delays on verification emails, still didn't get one for text, etc.

The hustle is real for a lot of folks right now, ha.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
So is this just a buy for the lol or is there some reasoning behind buying Dogecoin?

Feels like a distraction to get people out of GME :p
GME was dead when Robinhood stopped trading it.

This is the true meme and its hard to tell what would stop it since its decentralized and not regulated.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else unable to sell anything on RH? It says "insufficient holdings" no matter what numbers I specify.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Coinbase said Dogecoin isn't available to buy, and Kraken gives me server errors every time I try to do anything. Dang, I really wanted to get in on this one.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
The best part about this and why I'm considering dipping out soon is that my RH account was down $1.2k lifetime due to a bad decision a little over a year ago.

Thanks to the good boi my lifetime loss is under $400 now. That's a wonderful swing and makes me smile.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just so you know you can totally buy crypto 24/7 but you would have to use a more crypto focused exchange instead of something like Robin Hood.
I know but I'm already in RH and who knows how long it'll take to get approved on other sites so I have to stick with it now.

I'm on Coinbase too but for some reason they don't deal in DOGE so...

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Coinbase said Dogecoin isn't available to buy, and Kraken gives me server errors every time I try to do anything. Dang, I really wanted to get in on this one.
Coinbase is used just to get into crypto like BTC. You'd need to transfer over to another exchange in order to actually trade (but it gives more exchange options with the BTC as a trading option)

TCB

Oct 19, 2019

Coinbase and Kraken are shit. Nothing but headaches. I could have got on this early but both were giving me problems.

I ended up using Binance are doing third party payment through banxa.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Genuine opinions: is it safe to hold this overnight?

I'm prepared to lose it all, but the momentum seems to be only going up

Melpontro

Oct 25, 2017
DsNl0b5.png

I'll be there eventually...

uMUpdIl.png

I don't think I ever sold. So I should still have this and then some. Hopefully this thing finishes downloading before it crashes.

Electro15

Oct 7, 2018
Been trying to get into a place where I can buy some and I can't no matter how hard I try. Every platform is getting hammered. Trying to get verified on Kraken and Binance so I can transfer some funds and buy some and it has been impossible.