• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Something is happening today.

GY10VKL.png

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Jokes aside, Dogecoin was added to a list of coins that support the Flare network, which probably helped the pump. Flare is set to be a big deal this year it seems.

Edit- more info

youtu.be

Flare Network - 🚨BREAKING NEWS!🚨- Welcome Dogecoin!

🔥 Register for Bitrue to buy $FLR: https://bit.ly/bitrue-flare🔥 Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CommunityFlare🔥 Flare Network Official Site: htt...

Hattoto

Jun 26, 2020
Does anyone know any good apps on iOS to buy and sell Dogecoin?
I've been using Robinhood, and y'all probably know how that app's doing at the moment.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
I've been using Robinhood, and y'all probably know how that app's doing at the moment.
I just dumped 35 dollars into doge using Robin Hood. Not the best business practices (I love that the squad and the trumpies are both pissed at them) but if doge goes up enough I'll just laugh all the way to the bank.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I have a LOT of dogecoin that I've been sitting on since 2013/14.... Exciting times.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My wife asked me to buy some of this because her co-worker is caught up in memes. So $50 got me 2100 shares.

EDIT: If I bought 2100 Doge through Robinhood, do I actually have that main coins? I can use those as currency at retailers that accept it? Or do I own shares of a Doge coin... company?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The easiest way is probably through Robinhood
Regarding apps you need to take a look at the market exchanges https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/dogecoin#markets
just go down the list for USD pairs (don't confuse for USDC/USDT which are USD-pegged crypto's) and match them to apps.

Everything else will require you to trade USD->BTC/ETH/etc->DOGE if you want in the DOGE game.

For myself, I'm perfectly fine sitting on the sideline as all my funds for crypto are in another crypto project I've waited on

Last edited:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When Doge comes back to earth, I'm going to buy a couple hundred dollars worth of coins and just sit on it until the next meme spike.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
My wife asked me to buy some of this because her co-worker is caught up in memes. So $50 got me 2100 shares.

EDIT: If I bought 2100 Doge through Robinhood, do I actually have that main coins? I can use those as currency at retailers that accept it? Or do I own shares of a Doge coin... company?
crypto isn't a widely accepted currently (much less doge). You own the currency but not entirely sure you can transfer out your coins to a wallet (don't use Robinhood for trading). Most crypto aren't companies think of it like a non-country digital currency where if anything there is like a group that directs marketing, etc.

edit: robinhood doesn't allow crypto withdrawals
robinhood.com

Crypto account funding

Crypto account funding
Coin Withdrawals

At this time we don't support coin withdrawals, though we plan to do so in the future.

Last edited:

Hattoto

Jun 26, 2020
The easiest way is probably through Robinhood
Regarding apps you need to take a look at the market exchanges https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/dogecoin#markets
just go down the list for USD pairs (don't confuse for USDC/USDT which are USD-pegged crypto's) and match them to apps.

Everything else will require you to trade USD->BTC/ETH/etc->DOGE if you want in the DOGE game.

For myself, I'm perfectly fine sitting on the sideline as all my funds for crypto are in another project I've waited on

Thanks for the link. I might stick with Robinhood on mobile for now. Locking people out buying stocks isn't a good luck, but their UI is pretty intuitive.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I couldn't seem to buy it on a stock broker app, such as etoro or plus500.

Bought it from a cryptocurrency website. Litebit

Luka

Oct 25, 2017
I have about $300 in bitcoin that I've had forever. Do I put in doge and hope it skyrockets? 🤔

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I have like 7800 coins I bought for $25 back in the day. I still dream that one day these are worth at least $100 each.

In my wildest fantasiess they hit $10k each.

Dream big, or go home.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Sure you can. $100 should get you around 4,100-4,200 coins at the current price.

If it ever hits $1 then you turned your $100 into a cool $4100-$4200.

Does it matter whether you buy stock or dogecoin itself? At least that's what I think I did haha...maybe I'm mistaken but thought they're pretty much the same thing

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
Put $200 in. Had it burning a hole in my pocket. Excited to see it skyrocket but I'm not holding my breath it will hold meet bitcoin levels

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
tried signing up for binance and it wont let me select USA as a country? wtf
some exchanges have country restrictions.

Does it matter whether you buy stock or dogecoin itself? At least that's what I think I did haha...maybe I'm mistaken but thought they're pretty much the same thing
you can't buy stock in DOGE. There is no stock as there is no company/business.
You are pretty much exchanging USD for DOGE in the same was as you would exchange USD for Euro/Yen/etc. Except the DOGE is treated as a stock for tax purposes (if based in US)

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
What app are people using to buy? I'm on android and most of the apps seem to have bad reviews. In the USA.
Also can't use robinhood. Not available for me yet.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
some exchanges have country restrictions.

you can't buy stock in DOGE. There is no stock as there is no company/business.
You are pretty much exchanging USD for DOGE in the same was as you would exchange USD for Euro/Yen/etc. Except the DOGE is treated as a stock for tax purposes (if based in US)

Appreciate the answer! That's what I remember aswell from when I looked into it a few years ago, I was just confuses as to why I couldn't buy it through Etoro. But managed to buy some on Litebit.