• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Of course someone would be choked up etc but he and his wife really did have a bond and he seems to having a very rough time right now

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate commentary
dude looks like he is made out of leather

Jul 18, 2018
I dunno.

I dunno. I feel the same. Kinda hard to feel empathy for someone who doesn't feel empathy for huge swaths of humanity, including me

It is sad though.
Wasn't that like a decade ago, and hasn't he actively made himself better from that moment or something. I remember reading how he went to therapy and did all this and that. Also the racist tirade I'm recalling was from some phone call or something about one of his daughters boyfriends or something? Unless there was some new racist shit he said recently that im unaware of?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
It's never not tough losing a spouse, but had a feeling that this would be an especially hard loss for Dog.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
He seemed to really rely on her emotionally and mentally, I imagine this will/has destroy(ed) him

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wasn't that like a decade ago, and hasn't he actively made himself better from that moment or something. I remember reading how he went to therapy and did all this and that. Also the racist tirade I'm recalling was from some phone call or something about one of his daughters boyfriends or something? Unless there was some new racist shit he said recently that im unaware of?
It was his son's black girlfriend he was ranting about on the phone. Supposedly, when Roy Innis of CORE and Alicia Colon of the NYS met with him they said supposedly there was context missing from why he was so agitated, though that context was never revealed by any of the three. Dude apologized for using the hateful word and did a bunch of therapy and such to make amends, but we never found out what actually went down, so YMMV on all of that.

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
It was his son's black girlfriend he was ranting about on the phone. Supposedly, when Roy Innis of CORE and Alicia Colon of the NYS met with himthey said supposedly there was context missing from why he was so agitated, though that context was never revealed by any of the three. Dude apologized for using the hateful word and did a bunch of therapy and such to make amends, but we never found out what actually went down, so YMMV on all of that.

Nothing going down excuses that language. Nothing.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't need to sympathize with pieces of shit just because they experienced the kind of family loss people go through every day

If you want to sympathize with a man like that you go right ahead.

Preach.

Sad he lost his wife, but dude gets no pity from me.

(Not really a good look for Cenk either tbh)

May 18, 2018
Yall hating on a dude who apologized, changed his ways and learned from his mistakes. Dont forget what he done but forgive and move on.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Yall hating on a dude who apologized, changed his ways and learned from his mistakes. Dont forget what he done but forgive and move on.

Maybe some of us have a hard time taking at face value that a man so comfortable with denigrating entire groups of already marginalized people for the first fifty years of his life will suddenly become a better man just because one of his racist tirades was caught on tape. That's a lifetime of hate that you want everyone to assume was instantly overcome, but reality doesn't work like that.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"a bounty Hunter"
How is that shit actually legal? The fuck. So you got possibly deranged people going around and capturing "outlaws" like it's the 1800s? What the fuck.

May 18, 2018
Maybe some of us have a hard time taking at face value that a man so comfortable with denigrating entire groups of already marginalized people for the first fifty years of his life will suddenly become a better man just because one of his racist tirades was caught on tape. That's a lifetime of hate that you want everyone to assume was instantly overcome, but reality doesn't work like that.

Sometimes it takes extreme shame and embarrassment for people to change their ways, I'm not saying hes a good person or not but he did all he could to show the public he was sorry. I'm not trying to justify what he said, but we've all been extremely upset with people and say the worst possible things to that person to try and hurt them when you yourself are hurt, and instantly regret it.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Sometimes it takes extreme shame and embarrassment for people to change their ways, I'm not saying hes a good person or not but he did all he could to show the public he was sorry. I'm not trying to justify what he said, but we've all been extremely upset with people and say the worst possible things to that person to try and hurt them when you yourself are hurt, and instantly regret it.

Yeah, never been so upset with my son that I went on a ridiculous racist tirade against a completely different ethnic group but I guess everyone has their own battles or whatever.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Another thread where someone that did fucked up shit in the past, but has made a sincere effort to mend their ways gets shit on by this board. His wife just died, holy shit people.

RzrManifest

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
"a bounty Hunter"
How is that shit actually legal? The fuck. So you got possibly deranged people going around and capturing "outlaws" like it's the 1800s? What the fuck.
You work with licensed bail bondsmen to find and apprehend individuals who have skipped on their bail. It's not vigilantism.

You sound like you've got bigger empathy issues than him.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm not willing to suddenly pretend this guy is a decent human being because his wife recently died? lol ok

Who says you have to pretend to he's a decent human? That shouldn't stop you from feeling empathy towards his current situation. Isn't the ability to feel empathy towards people who are different from us what makes us better than them or does that just stop when we also disagree with things they've done or said in the past?

Feeling bad for this guy because he lost someone he clearly cared for deeply (something some people on this forum probably have experienced) doesn't mean we're excusing his past behavior or forgiving him or whatever.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Who says you have to pretend to he's a decent human? That shouldn't stop you from feeling empathy towards his current situation. Isn't the ability to feel empathy towards people who are different from us what makes us better than them or does that just stop when we also disagree with things they've done or said in the past?

Feeling bad for this guy because he lost someone he clearly cared for deeply (something some people on this forum probably have experienced) doesn't mean we're excusing his past behavior or forgiving him or whatever.
In all honesty, given the situation he's enduring, more people should just avoid saying anything if they can't be decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.