• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a guy but have gotten unprompted pics of guys' junk and anuses. Also gotten "raped" via roleplay when I wouldn't respond to a guy while I was working. Among other creepy, fucked up things.

Also for those who think blocking is a good idea: These guys often have an army of alt accounts. and if they themselves don't spam you with hate messages, their creepy friends sure will. So that's why it's common to just leave people on read or ghost them; it's less bad of an outcome usually.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really sorry to hear about these messages your wife is getting, it's unfortunate but a reality for many. I've gotten more than a few of them too. It'll never cease to amazing me that some men think these kind of messages are going to lead to a possitive situation. They need to knock it off and have some massive self reflection.

I've gotten many but I think the one I remember getting most is this one. There's just so much to unpack here.

939-BB92-C-C324-4-C63-8-AA9-5-ED444-E6-BA73.jpg

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
When my little sister had a 360 she would get a ton of creepy messages from guys. She was like 12 at the time too which makes it even worse. I reported them and told my parents about it.
Back in the day me and my friend would make one month accounts for Halo 3. One of my Gt's was hurtin4squirtin and his was A_HOT_YUNG_GIRL and you can only imagine the messages we'd get. Anytime someone would DM us we'd always respond with a smile face at the end of our replies just to fuck with them. We'd then get dozens of messages and party invites after.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend is working in the video game industry and she's getting quite annoyed by certain dudes sometimes, it's been better since we put up our relationship "official" on Facebook but she still getting regular weird comments and proposals. Also, she lost a whole bunch of her male "friends" when her status changed 😂

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Wife does but she blocks nearly instantly since they t is always so blatantly obvious.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What the hell is wrong with these men? How did they learn this behaviour?

Most women friends of mine have mentioned getting similar messages yes.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
my ex would get a lot of creepy messages, and she used to even get them on here and on gaf from dudes who thought it would be okay to overstep that line with her because she's a woman and they were men.

it was funny for me for like a little while, but it's honestly super fucked up. she never let it get to her cuz she is pretty strong-willed, but it was hard for me to not want to say shit back to them.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Lol my wife has gotten weird messages like this from like African accounts, saying how if she made food for him he's make her a happy woman.

Nov 18, 2020
Oh yeah, as a girl I've gotten loads of creepy messages over the years. On multiplayer games like World of Warcraft, Reddit, NeoGAF, Discord, even Resetera. If you're a woman on the Internet you're bound to get some creep fawning over you sooner or later lol

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really sorry to hear about these messages your wife is getting, it's unfortunate but a reality for many. I've gotten more than a few of them too. It'll never cease to amazing me that some men think these kind of messages are going to lead to a possitive situation. They need to knock it off and have some massive self reflection.

I've gotten many but I think the one I remember getting most is this one. There's just so much to unpack here.

939-BB92-C-C324-4-C63-8-AA9-5-ED444-E6-BA73.jpg

Bruh....

Jul 16, 2020
Yes, my wife does- but from people we know. She had to ask our son's art teacher's husband to stop writing to her in the middle of the night. Plus a lot of other guys who have had crushes on her in the past.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Have either of you two got Reddit? If so, make the most of these unsolicited messages with free karma and solidarity.

If your SO doesn't block these people immediately...your SO is the problem. Not the creep.

And yes, I have experience.

Why? For giving them false hope? Don't resort to incel behaviour, a smart individual would just leave her be and contact someone else who's more interested in them.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
That's actually an interesting question.

Is it nurtured from media or perhaps how you were raises as a child?

Maybe they're just stumbling through because they don't know any better but you got to imagine that someone encouraged this behavior once so they think that it's okay to keep doing it

It's odd for sure

OP
OP
Kernel

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Not to dunk on you @Kernel but my response to that thread title is basically "No, I'm that SO"

I struggled with the thread title. I guess a better question is "how do you deal with it?.

I chewed his ass out online but I doubt it will do any good. Hope he doesn't get into a van and start driving at pedestrians or something.

But to other people's comments yes I know such people exist. I never thought I'd have a "potential serial killer in training" type message her.
3-D6-A0784-6925-4289-BCCF-0-CB9-E3-E1-AEDB.jpg

I mean get a load of this guy.

Oct 27, 2017

Most women friends of mine have mentioned getting similar messages yes.

From what I've seen from the guys my SO gets messages from (usually people she knows in some way) they're really lonely/desperate/strange types that don't recognize their behavior is off-putting or are unable to read the room and can't deduce that no response = I don't want to fuck you and so they keep pushing or make off putting comments about waiting till I'm out of the way (which isn't passive aggressive, just aggressive as fuck). That shit is probably years deep of personal problems coming out as creepy and unsolicited constant contact.

It seems a lot of these creeper types don't care if you have a SO, hence why attempts at ignoring are more popular.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
This is so weird. How can someone be obsessed with a random person like this? Wtf, some people has no life at all

However, don't led this bad experience ruin Pastel de Nata for you. After I saw that picture I just need one of those now, they're incredible

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
My wife gets this shit on IG constantly. It's hillarious, we both sit around and mess with the people.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
On the not blocking immediately train: Like in my situation I posted about, often times these guys will start the conversations on the pretense of being friends, and then over the course of so many weeks or months devolves from innocent into "friendly banter" that slowly turns more sexual until it slams you in the face. By then, you might feel guilty cutting the guy completely out because he's a friend.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My fiance had to set all her social media stuff to private or whatever yea.

For a few months I had a woman who is the little sister to an old high school friend sending me nudes. I had to mute her on Twitter because it started to get out of hand.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah.

Normally she can handle it on her own and it's not my place to interfere unless she asks me to, but one guy really pissed me off because he did it not even an hour or two after seeing me with her.

Edit: Actually my sister also gets creepy shit PM'd to her worse. Much more aggressive, like threatening voice messages and randomness from other countries posting on her social media pics. I used to have guys creeping around me in high school in an attempt to get to know her.

Last edited:

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
The example in the Op is obviously extreme/crazy, but I don't know how it's much different than what you would do on a dating web site at the end of the day.

Stuff might not be "made for dating" but I'm not sure I can exactly blame people for trying. Sure it might look super lame and id laugh at them, but at the end of the day, what do they have to lose? Maybe it works for some of these guys.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Kernel

I am sorry you and your spouse had to experience that BS.

It's not just creepy, but scary at how forceful that person is.

I don't use any social media accounts for interactions, and have just a private IG that I use as a photo storage archive(of scenery shots I took while travelling pre-COVID, no selfies or anything). This just justifies the reason of why I stay away from that stuff, in addition to the security reasons.

I had something similar occur, except it was from a woman who was being extremely aggressive. I just straight up blocked her from my cell. I explained it to someone later, but even dudes feel uncomfortable as hell, because no one deserves harassment like that.