• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I ask because I notice that if I start Doom Eternal on my phone through xcloud, I have access to Ancient Gods 1 and 2. Initially I thought it was some cross platform thing with my bethesda account because I do own the game+DLCs through Steam but when I tried to install the game on my Series X (through game pass), the game requires me to buy both DLCs.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
I ask because I notice that if I start Doom Eternal on my phone through xcloud, I have access to Ancient Gods 1 and 2. Initially I thought it was some cross platform thing with my bethesda account because I do own the game+DLCs through Steam but when I tried to install the game on my Series X (through game pass), the game requires me to buy both DLCs.
Aw i didnt even know the dlc was locked to the season pass. I just assumed since Microsoft owns them now that the dlc would just be part of gamepass

OP
OP
ss_lemonade

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Bug. Glitch?
What if you switch to console if you left off in dlc?
Each campaign (base, ancient gods 1, ancient gods 2) is its own thing with its own save slots. I can't access Ancient Gods 1 and 2 outside of xcloud because they are locked behind the need to purchase them, so I can't load my save files on them when using the console.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess it's time to finally play the ancient gods. Highly doubt this was intentional.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Well it is Microsoft content now, guess they could include it if they want. Does gamepass have all Microsoft games' dlc too?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Well, I guess it's time to finally play the ancient gods. Highly doubt this was intentional.

I don't know. I think this might be a way to study how/why people play on the cloud; like if DLC was included on xCloud and they finished the game on console already, would they play more games on xCloud? The only strange thing is that they don't advertise the cloud version coming with the DLC so this just might be a stealth release.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, I noticed this with Yakuza Like a Dragon. Kinda scared playing it on cloud with the DLC will screw with my save when I go back to playing on my Xbox.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried and it won't give me access to the Ancient Gods DLC. It tries to take me to the store to purchase it, but even that fails. Weird.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't someone on era a few days ago post saying that playing for honor on xcloud gave them all the dlc? Maybe there's some weird bug where some people are getting the dlc unlocked on the cloud versions, it is in beta still after all and there's bound to be some weirdness now and then.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
The gears 5 expansion was included with game pass ultimate - but that's the only included dlc that comes to mind.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I noticed this with Yakuza Like a Dragon. Kinda scared playing it on cloud with the DLC will screw with my save when I go back to playing on my Xbox.
I was in that boat. I leveled up the DLC jobs about 15 levels and then loaded that save on my PC (which didn't have the DLC). None of the boosts/skills carried over and the jobs/costumes were no longer accessible. Based on that I decided the job DLC was worth $4.49 to me. Once I bought them then they were leveled up to where I had left them, so I don't think it will cause any harm.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I was in that boat. I leveled up the DLC jobs about 15 levels and then loaded that save on my PC (which didn't have the DLC). None of the boosts/skills carried over and the jobs/costumes were no longer accessible. Based on that I decided the job DLC was worth $4.49 to me. Once I bought them then they were leveled up to where I had left them, so I don't think it will cause any harm.
Thanks, I'll give the cloud version a real shot then. It will be cool to play Yakuza while lying in bed.