• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seed or no seed?

• Seed

Votes: 364 53.7%
  • No seed

Votes: 314 46.3%

• Total voters
Oct 30, 2017
querwcj8s.jpg

top16jqa.jpg

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
There is no pit. There'd be a lot more specular light all over the pit and a bit of shadowing on the top right.

toohectic

Oct 27, 2017
At first sight, I saw 'no seed', but now I clearly see a seed/pit, and I can't see it any other way. Vote for Seed.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
The light looks all wrong if there was a seed and I've had hundreds of avocados in my life and they all had seeds that were normal, aka brown. Certainly no seed in there.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The light looks all wrong if there was a seed and I've had hundreds of avocados in my life and they all had seeds that were normal, aka brown. Certainly no seed in there.
There's literally pictures of the sees a couple replies above yours.

Always hilarious how people love being confidently incorrect lmao

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First I instantly thought there was no seed, but taking a closer look there is a seed.

Especially after seeing the picture at different angles

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
There is a pit that is picking up reflected light from the avocado at the bottom. Seed.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
The world exists outside your personal experience
Wait..so you are telling me that things exist that I don't personally experience?! Haha no shit. I still have genuinely not seen an avocado that looked like that. They usually look like this 🥑. You won your internet points over an avocado!

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you slice open a not fully ripe avocado where the flesh separated from the seed, the halves can sometimes leave a thin film of flesh on the seed, which is what people are seeing and why it's not the familiar dark brown of a ripe avocado.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man I hate these, just give me the answer and let me move on with my life.
To this day I still don't know whether the dress was blue or white.

Edit: Oh fuck why is the rotated image giving me a whole new perspective!?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm beginning to suspect this was a marketing ploy for Big Avocado, because I've never bought an avocado before in my life, but I ended up getting a couple with my groceries this past weekend and I can't think of any other explanation as to why.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry seed lovers, I know the guy who took that photo and he told me there was no seed.

Oct 25, 2017
The smeared pulp (is that the right word?) on the right of what I maintain is the seed indicates "Seed." The illusion of "No Seed" is just the angle of the light.