• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I switched phones with my GF. I had a xiaomi 8SE that I really loved and she had an iPhone 6s... But the battery was draininy super quick and the battery health said it was at 79% max capacity... So I got a new battery and just got it back and it feels like it's draining just as quick, battery health says it's at 100% now... I'm just used to getting a whole day with the xiaomi and standing at the store I've gone from 62% to 54% using Wechat and the forum... Just seems bad.

PS. I switched with my GF because the iPhone has 4g in the States but the xiaomi wouldn't.

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What about in airplane mode with wifi off? Some iPhone 6 had an issue where the GPS killed the battery

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine for me but browsing will quickly drain the battery or it lasts for a day at least.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Just a combination of an older phone and newer iOS killing it. i've got a 7 Plus and it doesn't make it till 7PM generally with medium usage on a daily basis now. Shocking really, but it is what it is.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the iOS version too. On most the 6S has given me like 3 days of battery life, while iOS 11in particular broke the phone. It was fixed with 12 though.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
The 6s has a notoriously bad battery. There was battery replacement program going on until the end of last year. It feels like there are worlds between my old 6s and my new XR.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I have a 6S and can definitively say yes, as of now the battery is god awful. Normal usage of surfing the web or using Twitter for 5 minutes drops it like 5-10%. Of course, it's an older phone now but still, it's getting frustrating.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I believe so. You may qualify for a battery replacement. I replaced the battery and it was like new again.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The 6 and 6S had batches of terrible batteries. I can say that from my old 6 and my wife's 6S performance. Both had replacements and are fine now.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Have you done a complete restore and set up as new. Oddly that used to solve the issue for that model.

OP
OP
BladeoftheImmortal
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it was 54$ for just the battery replacement at the Apple store. At the 3rd party repair place, I got the new battery, a new earpiece speaker, and I upgraded my storage from 16GB to 64GB for only $57.55. so it was a lot better deal.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
Yes IMO. I had a 6s for years had the battery replaced and noticed that it would drain significantly faster after Apple would put out updates. I can't remember what the last update was that practically made the phone last no more than an hour. It's the updates that are killing the battery. I had to upgrade to a Xs. I think the 6s is/was there worst phone.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I have an iPhone 6 and the battery is TERRIBLE. I was waiting to get a haircut once and I was watching the battery die right before my eyes. Went from like 50% to 20% in just a few minutes.

I've been meaning to get it replaced. I even got once of those "Hey, your battery is DEAD" notifications on my phone.

EDIT: Apple had a replacement program that ended Dec. 31?! >_<

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it was 54$ for just the battery replacement at the Apple store. At the 3rd party repair place, I got the new battery, a new earpiece speaker, and I upgraded my storage from 16GB to 64GB for only $57.55. so it was a lot better deal.

How did they upgrade the storage? Honestly those changes and that price are a little suspect.

Apr 19, 2018
My 6S battery health degraded to 80% when unexpected shutdowns began to happen, and battery life drained from a full 100% charge down to 40% within a six hour period -- and this was with very light use, and most of it being in stand-by.

That was on iOS 11. Upgrading to iOS 12.0 and getting a new battery replacement now gets me about a day and a half at full charge, with, again, very light use. A definite improvement, but yeah, 6s battery life was never the greatest to begin with.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 55% and it's not even noon. So yeah, the battery is awful.

53% now less than a minute later lol

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty simple if you know how to remove the storage chip and swap it.

Oh I don't doubt it can be done, but removing what is presumably a BGA device, replacing it with a new part, then swapping a battery and a jack for the same price as a first party battery would make me...skeptical.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I don't doubt it can be done, but removing what is presumably a BGA device, replacing it with a new part, then swapping a battery and a jack for the same price as a first party battery would make me...skeptical.
Have you seen what they can get done in China right in front of you? It's crazy. There are some YouTube vids on it, like when the guy makes his own iPhone out of just spare parts!

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you seen what they can get done in China right in front of you? It's crazy. There are some YouTube vids on it, like when the guy makes his own iPhone out of just spare parts!

Yeah I get it, but just the reflow process on parts like that when done properly isn't really conducive to that kind of model. And the part quality really can't be very good. The fact the battery was replaced and is draining that quickly points to something being pretty wrong.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
My 10s max has an awful battery.

The estimates they give are absolutely nowhere near what I get as a lite user

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I get it, but just the reflow process on parts like that when done properly isn't really conducive to that kind of model. And the part quality really can't be very good. The fact the battery was replaced and is draining that quickly points to something being pretty wrong.
I agree, he may have gotten swindled.

OP
OP
BladeoftheImmortal
Oct 27, 2017
How did they upgrade the storage? Honestly those changes and that price are a little suspect.
He had to desodder it from the main board then put the 64GB storage on it. Pretty slick. Works just fine and comes up as a 64GB phone. I watched him do it so couldn't pull a fast one.

And I think the battery is fine now. I think it just needed to be drained and recharged. It's lasting a lot longer than before. I'm definitely happy with it now.