• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 22, 2017
Have you ever noticed that Max, Goofy's son, is one of the only Disney characters that ages? In the original Goof Troop series he is introduced as a kid...
latest

...and by A Goofy Movie he is a teenager.

Fast forward a few years, with An Extremely Goofy Movie, and we see time has continued to progress and Max is now college-aged. This has always been odd to me. Other Disney characters, like his very own father, have remained ageless for upwards of 80, 90 years so why would Max have to suffer through the mortal coils of life?

Not convinced? There's more. Just this past year I caught the 2004 direct to video special Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, and was shocked to see Max was an adult in his mid twenties. It was at this point I became convinced that not only is Max aging, but he is an actual mortal being seemingly trapped in the Disney cartoon universe.

This is of course a shocking revelation, and no doubt your mind is flooded with questions. Like, does Max notice that he is the only character that ages? Does he feel pain, hunger, thirst? Will he die some day? By this point in time Max would be in his mid 40's, and I can't help but wonder what he is up to.

Of course the skeptics out there may have other questions. Like, what about PJ? Doesn't he age too? My theory is that PJ was hand-selected to "grow up" alongside Max, so as to not raise any suspicions, and just stays in character like Marlon from The Truman Show. Whether or not he is in fact aging too, or merely wearing prosthetics, is up for debate.
Screenshot-2022-01-14-114024.png

The doubters may bring up Quack Pack, but I think we can all agree that Huey, Dewey and Louie were merely caught up in the steroid culture that plagued the 90's and were in fact the same age as they have always been.

Please feel free to share your thoughts. #FreeMax

Last edited:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Max doesn't age. He matures. He will reach a final point in his adult stage of life and then remain in that stage. Occasionally reverting to an earlier stage and back into a new adulthood.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Truman show style goofy movie sequel is something I didn't really know I wanted, but I'm here for it

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Goofy could look pretty much the same relative to the universe of these shows/movies. It's only 20-ish years.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
We are GODS, Max. One step beneath our master, Mickey, and two from our creators. These eyes that saw Kingdom Hearts are the same eyes now. We aren't like you and your mortal brethren, gawrsh.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jesse_and_the_rippers
Dec 22, 2017
Does that mean Goofy fucked a mortal like the Ancient Greek Gods
this makes so much sense it's scary.

what happened to goofy jr.?
1951-papadingo-7.jpg
They made him disappear when Goofy realized it was not his biological son.

Maybe after that heart breaking experience Goofy went away for a while, and then came back with a baby in tow, like that movie The Ring. Max could be the reincarnation of an ancient sea demon?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
There's a reason Max hasn't made an appearance in anything for 18 years.

He (and Roxanne I think) were in Ducktales but aged down to about Goofy Movie age. Which leads credence to the theory Disney cancelled their best show SO NO ONE WOULD KNOW THE TRUTH.

Weird addendum to this whole mystery is how Japan seems to get merch of all three known ages of Max (kid, teen, college).

OP
OP
Jesse_and_the_rippers
Dec 22, 2017
He (and Roxanne I think) were in Ducktales but aged down to about Goofy Movie age. Which leads credence to the theory Disney cancelled their best show SO NO ONE WOULD KNOW THE TRUTH.

Weird addendum to this whole mystery is how Japan seems to get merch of all three known ages of Max (kid, teen, college).
Maybe the original Max died and was reborn in the mid-2000s, and Disney is slowly easing back into rotation as he becomes the age people recognize him as. Perhaps the cycle will repeat every time he is deemed "too old".

Also DuckTales was canceled???? God damn't.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Maybe the original Max died and was reborn in the mid-2000s, and Disney is slowly easing back into rotation as he becomes the age people recognize him as. Perhaps the cycle will repeat every time he is deemed "too old".

Also DuckTales was canceled???? God damn't.

We need someone with young children to report on if he's in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or spin off shows and at what age so we can see if it connects to Ducktales.

Incidentally, Ducktales revealed the characters from Tailspin ALSO age.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is the current goofy ( the goofy of the Mickey Mouse clubhouse/roadster racers and recent Mickey Mouse shorts) is Maximillian goof.

The goofy of the 80's and 90's is George Geef aka Goofy (or G.G. Goof) i.e. Max's Dad in Goof Troop, also Goofy Jr from the 50's as mentioned above. Adopted the "Goof" last name out of necessity due to the rampant PSAs by his father in the 50s and to better align with modern trends in last names.

G.G. Goof's father Was George Geef Sr, who fought in world war 2 and starred in many PSA instructional videos of the 40/50s.

OP
OP
Jesse_and_the_rippers
Dec 22, 2017
My theory is the current goofy ( the goofy of the Mickey Mouse clubhouse/roadster racers and recent Mickey Mouse shorts) is Maximillian goof.

The goofy of the 80's and 90's is George Geef aka Goofy (or G.G. Goof) i.e. Max's Dad in Goof Troop, also Goofy Jr from the 50's as mentioned above. Adopted the "Goof" last name out of necessity due to the rampant PSAs by his father in the 50s and to better align with modern trends in last names.

G.G. Goof's father Was George Geef Sr, who fought in world war 2 and starred in many PSA instructional videos of the 40/50s.
So what you're saying is ALL of the Goofs are mortal beings that live, breath, age, die? Do you think they know this from birth, or does the Goofy Sr. sit his son down for "the talk" like in Teen Wolf?

Nov 4, 2017
I love how The Goofy Movie starts off with the school principal threatening Max with the electric chair lmao. That shit would not fly today.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So what you're saying is ALL of the Goofs are mortal beings that live, breath, age, die? Do you think they know this from birth, or does the Goofy Sr. sit his son down for "the talk" like in Teen Wolf?
Yes, each goofy is mortal in their universe. I would even go so far to say ONLY sentient dogs (but ALL sentient dogs) age in the Mickey verse. All other animals seem to be perpetually themselves.

No clue about the other portion, but hey anything possible

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

Wait, they cancelled modern ducktales?!
FFS disney!
Did they at least finsihed all the threads? In spain theres only 2 seasons, so we are waiting for the rest.

OP
OP
Jesse_and_the_rippers
Dec 22, 2017
Yes, each goofy is mortal in their universe. I would even go so far to say ONLY sentient dogs (but ALL sentient dogs) age in the Mickey verse. All other animals seem to be perpetually themselves.

No clue about the other portion, but hey anything possible
Maybe Pluto sold his soul to be immortal like Mickey, but in a monkey paw twist he was damned to be his subservient pet for all eternity.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Wait, they cancelled modern ducktales?!
FFS disney!
Did they at least finsihed all the threads? In spain theres only 2 seasons, so we are waiting for the rest.

Yeah they snuck the cancellation under the radar, almost the exact same situation as Venture Brothers (it basically got leaked on Twitter).

They sort of wrapped everything up? Like, Season 3 set up the possibility of a bigger Disney Afternoon team up but it never happened. The only huge plot thread left hanging was about a specific villain.

Last edited:

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I mean, he has been shown to eat, right?
Evg2WlqWQAcTwbu.png

Have any OTHER Disney characters been shown eating?! I'm just asking questions here folks.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Max Goof was the first to sin (impersonating a pop star), and thus the first to know mortality. The book of Revelations states that there will be three Goofs astride an infallible beast known as Grenguin, and the prevailing thought is that this is Max Goof and his two eventual sons, though this is of course only assuming based on the fact that a father's sins are passed down to his children (a very human way of thinking).

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
In Once Upon a Time, Henry is adopted as a baby and grows to age 11 while everyone else around him is basically frozen in time prior to the spell being broken. The show alludes to, but doesn't really get into, just how freaking weird that must have been for him.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be that person, but I imagine they decided to age him up in the first place when his voice actress from Goof Troop passed away suddenly from diabetes complications three years before A Goofy Movie released.

Dec 13, 2018
Does that mean Goofy fucked a mortal like the Ancient Greek Gods

Lol I love this as canon. Goofy is a god along with the other star Disney characters, he probably has outlived his mortal wife and max being part god ages very slowly. Pete is a jealous god that wanted what goof has and made PJ with that lady who you never see anymore because she's PJ's current mom and the old mom is dead. In fact the reason we don't have new episodes and only max pj pete and goof remain is time has ended the characters.