• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Hey TheGummyBear I see you're excited about Deadly Premonition 2...only 2 days to go! I've never played the original but I love Twin Peaks. Do you think I should give it a go jank and all?

Omiee

Oct 26, 2017
please dont do it, things will get better just hang in there and seek help. there a lot of people that are willing to help you overcome this

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My ex left me alone. My family left me abandoned. I became an abusive piece of shit. I just want people to be happy.

Change is a beautiful thing. Any day and every day is a new chance to do something new, to experience something new, to try again as someone new. Don't end things, it will be far worse for everyone if we lost you.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
Hear me out OP.

In 2019 I was at the lowest of low, and I thought if I drank enough booze it will get me there and the pain will be over. It didn't, and I woke up in the ER ashamed.

Truthfully, you owe it to everyone who has ever been in your life to realize, and eventually become, the best possible version of yourself. Things seem dark now, but I guarantee you, that darkness will seem like a distant memory when you overcome your own demons. It's a beautiful moment of catharsis, and you WILL get to experience it!

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
If your worries are that you're a terrible person you can change if you're alive OP. Can't change or make amends if you're dead.

And yeah I imagine death by falling is pretty painful.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
TheGummyBear Dude, can't wait for your thoughts on Deadly Premonition 2!

You're in UK, right? Wanna talk on the phone? I work with people who've gone through your kind of crisis, it doesn't have to be the end, can be a new life.

Oct 28, 2017
This may not mean anything to you (i hope it does) but I was literally just reading back one of your posts about Rey in one of the old TLJ threads and I liked it so much that I saved it to my notes. You have value. Pls don't hurt yourself!

Last edited:

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry you edited that out. But if it means anything, I wouldn't be here today without that speech. Bojack understands mental health in a way I just don't think other shows do.
Sometimes life can be so overwhelming. It can help to narrow it down to just looking forward to whatever comes next into the world. Bojack came out of nowhere for me and became one of my favorite shows of all time. Finding new things that resonate with you is always a great experience. I'm always excited to find out what the next thing that I love will be. We are all headed to the same place in the end. But there is so much that happens in our short time here. I really hope you hang around with us while we all discover whatever comes next together.

Omiee

Oct 26, 2017
let me tell you of my experience in 2015. i lost my job, my girlfriend lied to me and was cheating on me with her ex and dumped me just to get back together with him less than 4 weeks later. i estranged my family and friends and was standing on a bench next on the trainstation waiting for the train. the first train came i was drenched in tears and was about to jump but the train slowed down and stopped because it was not the fasttrain. something told me to just walk a little before jumping, i went home and slept for days without going out.

fastforward 5 years later i am married to a wonderufll woman that is my best friend, have a daughter with a son on the way and just became CEO of a startup that became a scaleup 18 months a go.

things get better give it time. give yourself some time

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I am sorry. I hope I hurt nobody in my desperation.

I'm sorry you edited that out. But if it means anything, I wouldn't be here today without that speech. Bojack understands mental health in a way I just don't think other shows do.

When I saw it it made me scared of the darkness too. But now I just want it, I want the end.
The darkness wants you, not the other way around, I promise. I've been there, but I managed to get better in time, and so can you. You're not going to make anyone happy if you go, that's just your demons (I say this figuratively, but it might as well be literally considering how you feel right now, right?) talking. You can change and you can change things around you for the better, and it will be a beautiful thing, but you'll obviously need to be alive to do that. Also to play Deadly Premonition 2. I've got my copy in the mail right now, and I want to hear your thoughts on the game as we explore it.

Please stay with us, GummyBear.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017

When I saw it it made me scared of the darkness too. But now I just want it, I want the end.
I too love BoJack for that reason. And really all that poem is doing is giving a voice to what others have referenced here; that people regret jumping off a bridge when they're halfway down. If you wouldn't be here today because of that show, I hope you take to heart the message of that poem comes from a place of deep understanding of the human condition.

I too am looking forward to Deadly Premonition 2. It took me 10 years to finally make my way through the original. After a ton of false starts, the Switch version was finally the one to do it. Just a great game and a wonderful homage to Twin Peaks and it's own weird wonderful thing all at once. I hope to hear your impressions of it in the OT :)

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Looking forward to hearing what you think about Deadly Premonition 2! The first had so much character, so I hope that you have fun with it. I find that when my longterm plans/vision is not working out or makes me feel shitty, I look forward to little things coming up soon. Keep an eye on those things, and please reach out to loved ones.

I used to think about suicide daily, and when I started to think about how I could never know what I'd miss and I'd not even have the chance to regret my death, that pushed me away. My life sucks, but I'm optimistic that both mine and yours will improve and be worth living :)

Mar 30, 2019
From one bear to another, I hope you put some temporal distance between yourself and the intrusive thoughts. You aren't irredeemable or without value. You matter and please give yourself the love or forgiveness you need. If you let go of the self-hatred and heal then you can turn your pain around.

I have put distance on my demons and although they still show up uninvited, they are so much weaker now. They were born out of pain and that's why they need to be acknowledged. Cared for even because they represent your hurt self.

There are so many good people here pulling for you and wanting you to succeed. But don't self-care for us out of obligation. Do it because you know you deserve it. You do matter. Please be safe.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Hey OP. Everything in this world can change, and you're no different. Gladness, and calm, and love can still grow out of your life.

Please consider the soil. Toxic, poisonous plants, and fragrant, beautiful flowers grow out of the same soil.

You are not a seed, destined to become one thing or another. You are a gardener, and your life is just soil. Starting right now, you can plant whatever you want, and it will grow. It always works that way. 100% of the time. No exceptions. It will work for you. If you want to change -- to do better, be better, make yourself happy, make others happy -- you can. You just have to decide to.

Right now your will and your energy and emotions are faltering and dragging you down like dark, terrifying weights. Right now, you need someone to help pull you up, and it will all be okay. If you need to start with us here, then do that. But you need to find someone to talk to in-person soon. Take that first step, and it will be like planting a seed. You're going to be okay.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
GummyBear stay here with us! Whatvever you are going through is temporary, and it will pass. Believe that! There are lots of great people here who want you to stay and talk!

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
My ex left me alone. My family left me abandoned. I became an abusive piece of shit. I just want people to be happy.
I know it's difficult but change is possible and you're able to do so, it's a step by step process but honestly you can be happy and you've got a lot of power to also make others happy as well. Trust me as someone who went through a lot of changes throughout their entirely life I can relate to you.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It does hurt in more ways than one.

From a very similar experience the best way to resolve that pain is talk to a professional for help and live a better life through self improvement and inward kindness. Can't be a better person if you are always punishing yourself. You deserve better than that.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I struggle with suicidal thoughts pretty much everyday (been that was since I was a child, it's gotten worst because of divorce) I feel you, I dont have anything to say that can cure it, but talking help. I'm lucky i have such good friends...

You're not alone.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Stick around Gummybear, there is plenty to keep you hear and cool things you haven't even seen yet that you would regret missing. This is just blip in your life that will pass, as many have said here, I am glad I am still here instead of doing something I would have regretted when I was younger. Feel free to PM me anytime, about anything.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Why do you guys have such a negative reputation? You're all so nice.

Thank you era.
Did the hospital guide you towards any form of therapy? It's a process to be sure, it's not something that changes things over night, but I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for therapist I went to. I can't sing the praises of talking to a professional enough.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Where in the U.K. are you from?

There's something you should know about your future before you even think about going through with this.

One day you will be in a better place and you will be so happy you didn't go through with it. It might be a while from now but fighting through this will be absolutely worth it.

Geek

Nov 8, 2017
GummyBear, hang in there, buddy. It's hard! But listen: I also have suicidal ideation every day, and I've come close sometimes. I get past those times and I'm always so thankful that version of me did not cut off the rest of my life. I would just ask you to try to stick around a little longer, and persevere. It's not always easy, but there CAN be good times ahead with new people, new friends, new family, and new experiences.

I know you don't know me from Adam, but if you want to talk, let's do it. :) You're not alone in feeling like this!

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
There are so many things to look forward to
Advancement of technology, new medical breakthrough, new movies, New Tv series, New games and the internet.

Even if you felt broken, stand up and fight. It can be done
have some goals (even if it's small) one day at a time
Perhaps you can do light exercises since it has positive effects on my mental/physical health such as walking. (I do an average 6k steps per day)

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Talking therapies. I was refused them.
You were refused therapy? As in they didn't let you have it? What the actual mother of fuck. But you should still be able to go make an appointment with a private therapist, right?

EDIT: Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions or stuff; English isn't my native language.

OP
OP
TheGummyBear

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom