• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since Zack pointed out the difference in how Colbert does it and how you're supposed to do it, it's really deflated Stephen's routine for me. Zack's impression makes that small change (sounding out of breath) and the difference is huge.

Also, if y'all haven't already, watch Smiling Friends.

OP
OP
InspectaDekka

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Ever since Zack pointed out the difference in how Colbert does it and how you're supposed to do it, it's really deflated Stephen's routine for me. Zack's impression makes that small change (sounding out of breath) and the difference is huge.

Also, if y'all haven't already, watch Smiling Friends.
Tbf it's been stated before that his natural voice just sort of adds to it.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it sounds accurate at all. He hits some of the details but overall I can't imagine ever being fooled into thinking that's Trump.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
The guy in the video has a better natural voice for it, and it helps that you're not seeing him do it so your brain is able to visualize trump better. Colbert's impression doesn't bother me. Now Seth Meyers though, that impression is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Anthony Atamanuik gets some of these verbal cues right, which is why I always preferred his to any other routine, but he has a way harder job having to also combine it with full-body acting, which he also somehow nails.

But yeah, Colbert's is pretty bad and only captures a certain sleazy tone he takes on occasionally.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Unless I'm mistaken isn't PsychicPebbles friends with Jontron?

Oct 25, 2017
It does help that his voice has a similar cadence.
What's weird is that oldschool Trump (pre-2015), impressions were easier. Just yell "You're fired" a lot. Of course now that he's a syphilis addled mush-brain, doing a proper impression is a lot harder.
Just look at Epic Rap Battles of History. There's a world of difference between the Trump vs Ebenezer Scrooge video, and the Trump vs Clinton video

What does that have to do with his trump impression?

Nothing. Posts like that do nothing but derail discussion.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Yeah okay, so let's just promote someone on this site that's friends with a well known white supremacist.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
It's sad to see that even after jontron has admitted to being a neonazi shithead, he still has some folks who don't care and are still associated with him.

The fact that I am being mocked for being rightfully disgusted is pretty sad too, I guess.

Oct 17, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Attacking the Community; Prior Related Ban
"This person's friends with X so we shouldn't watch them" is so dumb lmao. I remember seeing a thread on here a few months back where someone actually said "I used to have a friend that ate at Chic Fil A so I stopped being friends with them when they wouldn't stop eating there." like ho-lee-fuck sometimes the people on this site are beyond human comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.