• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Yup

MammothNewAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Overcoming the death of or separation from a loved one.

Might be the hardest thing to do, although dealing with permanent injury or illness is really close.

Separation from loved ones is what I fear most. I'm very close to my parents who are in their 70's and the thought that I'll never see them again when their time comes keeps me up at night..

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Death is the final boss. Retirement is a late boss. I just wish the levels/stages would stop moving/slow down. Still early 40s, married, no kids and I'm super dreading getting old. When I was younger I had full plans to live to a 100 (nobody in my family ever hit the century mark). I've been visiting senior homes as part of my work and it's super depressing going in them. The bed rooms smell like pee and poo despite the daily cleaning. I don't want that life but I know it's inevitable if/when I get to my late 70s.

Oct 27, 2017
Loneliness, cause unless you and your SO die together in some accident one of you will outlive the other for a couple of years at least.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Retirement. You survived through all the bullshit and put in your time, now it's time to explore the world as you see fit

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
depends on your character. some of you go to new game plus. some of you turn off the game and go into permanent sleep mode. Some of you face a boss character based on player choices during the game.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death isn't the final boss. Death is just the late-game plot twist where it seems like the hero lost but actually you intentionally let yourself get taken down so you can face the true final boss, God.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Time makes fools of us all. Live long enough, and your reward will be watching everyone and everything you love die.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
(aka a universal end goal that applies to everyone)
Death? You can't beat death so it can't be that right? Unless the game is just glitchy with no chance of a patch

If you want to view life as a game (you really want to do that?) see it as a sandbox where you can do what you like until you can't. You'll spend a decade or so building up your XP to the point where you can live independently. You'll spend a lot of time, many decades perhaps, trying to innovate, to disrupt the rules that have been set by others who came before you. And then if you're lucky you'll find a way to live your life and find happiness.

At any point in the game, a random occurrence may jump in and say "Game Over." To the best of my knowledge, this is not followed by "Insert coin."

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Meaning. If you don't find it, well, that just makes the process so much worse

IronStarX

Banned
Jul 4, 2018
Death is not the final boss. Life is a system and death is just a milestone. You are born and you live your life. You die and you begin your life again forever repeating the life plus/minus few details with no memory of previous instances not in the same reality but in another place. Life continues without you after your death the same way it had intended to continue before your birth ultimately to whatever end is in store for this existence.

Or.. the final boss is your Wife.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Father time, and he's a real bitch to deal with. No do overs either and your ending is dependent on choices you made in life.

4/10 wouldn't play again.

Oct 27, 2017
"Born in a diamond mine
It's all around you but you can't see it
Born in a diamond mine
It's all around you but you can't touch it"

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
If you can look back as your death approaches and say you're happy with how things went in your life and how you spent your time, you win.