• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Things have calmed down a lot for me personally, but I know my own life is an outlier, and the Trumpers in my life are just getting worse and worse.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
for me it pretty much has... because I'm not really paying much attention to that moron or anyone who follows him. He's irrevelant.

Mitch Mcconnell on the other hand still has me seeing red.

the vaccine conspiracist/bs pushers as well.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
No, this is quite possibly a brief 4 year break of shitty neoliberalism before permanent single party fascist rule.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Not at all. Trump might not seem as threatening as he was before and right after the election but the craziness that he represents is here to stay. Steve Bannon was right when he said that we'd all be dealing with Trump for decades to come.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What planet are you living on? Things have been batshit insane. His followers are calling for martial law / civil war.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
No, because these morons around here still follow him and mitch is still in charge of the senate.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The bullshit and insanity we were getting from Trump a few times a week and sometimes a few times a day seems to have ended with his loss. We see his supporters acting crazy and his lawyers filing baseless lawsuits but not much from Senior Shithead.

The country and the government both look pretty fucked. The vacuum of real leadership and competence is really glaring at the moment when you have 3-4k people dying every fucking day.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it doesn't count that much for most people, but now I rarely find any MAGA or TRUMP tags in some games I'm playing, like Destiny 2, Apex Legends or COD: Warzone (read, free to play). I suppose those toxic players (because they were mostly assholes) don't want to be associated to a whiny loser child like him, while a couple of years before, they boasted the abilities of their troll God Emperor. So I guess they still run around being idiots but without the association, lol.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dude is still trying to get the votes overturned in the courts and is currently looking into ways to use the military to nullify the election, so...not yet. If we make it to January 20th, I do hope it will calm a little.

If we make it to January 20th then I'd say there's a 50% chance of an unprecedented wave of terrorist attacks.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
he's purposefully leaving a burning bag of dog shit at biden's footsteps (not literally) because he lost

if anything, i'm more worried now than 6 months ago

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
It's been easier to ignore him for a couple of reasons. There's still some stressful and frustrating stuff on the side. But there has certainly been some relief in tension for me.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Saw some random dude waving a vote trump 2020 sign this morning at a 4 way light near the middle of town... So uhhh.... No?

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
More than 75m of people voted for him... how could it be better ? Biden isn't that great either.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I will unfortunately still be worrying every day about what stupid shit the president is up to.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel for you OP. you want permission to hope and feel normal again. So start doing that now.

Tru is going to go fucking nuts for the next month so do what I did and mute his name on Twitter and try not to engage

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
for me it pretty much has... because I'm not really paying much attention to that moron or anyone who follows him. He's irrevelant.

Mitch Mcconnell on the other hand still has me seeing red.

the vaccine conspiracist/bs pushers as well.
Pretty much this. Even when I do see shit for brains I feel next to nothing knowing that he's done(for now?).

Jun 10, 2020
Texas
I've definitely noticed a difference. Most Trump fans that I follow on Facebook haven't mentioned him so I am assuming most have accepted the results. 9 out of 10 trump signs in me neighborhood are gone. If I wanted to go digging of course I could find some stuff but why stress myself out?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I was driving down the museum district in Houston tonight on my way to the park to walk around and get some fresh air.

There was a big, stupid, depressingly sad Trump supporter parade on Montrose.... for... some.... reason? Big (overcompensating) trucks, cars, minivans, covered in stickers and dressed up with flags, were just honking their horns kind of at random, clogging up the road.

I used to see this every now and then when it coincided with important political events etc but AFAIK nothing in particular happened today. They're just out their parading just for the sake of parading.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
While it's important to continue working to drag Joe Biden as far leftward as humanly possible, honestly, yes...my personal experiences have been better. While I can still go on Twitter and read about absolute fucking insanity, my own social feeds and interactions have been much more calm. The vaccine starting to go out has given me a shining burst of hope, and I'm feeling generally better about the world.

Of course that's still somewhat of an illusion, so after I get some mental rest, I'll continue to donate my time and energy.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Shit seems like it's going off the rails, further and further into uncharted territory. Our system, flawed as all hell, is being pushed closer and closer to an unknown limit.

It's like knowing you're going to fall off a cliff if you keep going in the same direction but having no idea when the moment comes when the ground finally dissapears beneath your feet to give way to the void.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say No.

Trump is very obviously preparing an unprecedented slew of shady pardons, is establishing special counsels specifically to antagonize and undermine Biden, and is taking steps to undermine the US military as well as rolling back regulations while he can.

Republican politicians have declined to combat any of this, in a way that is unprecedented and awful and bodes very poorly for the future of that party.

... and I haven't seen any indication that his voting base has come around.

Last edited:

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
The train is still planned to crash, it's just taking a slightly more scenic detour while 40% of the passengers think the train is fake.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Do y'all think this shit is gonna magically disappear once Biden is sworn in? Trump's just gonna keep galvanizing the base and it'll get worse the instant he sounds off his 2024 re-election campaign (which given rumors is set to be announced on Biden's inauguration because he's a petty cunt).

We're not living in a fucking Disney fantasy

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Do y'all think this shit is gonna magically disappear once Biden is sworn in? Trump's just gonna keep galvanizing the base and it'll get worse the instant he sounds off his 2024 re-election campaign (which given rumors is set to be announced on Biden's inauguration because he's a petty cunt).

We're not living in a fucking Disney fantasy
The republican establishment and Trump aren't going to mend wounds by 2024, so the only way he runs is independent which won't win him anything.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It does to me. I think the only tweet I've read from him in weeks was on this very forum, and I don't even know if he's made any public comments.

He's already impotent, and once he's out of office without a twitter account I'll never give his nonsense another thought.

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
Some things are better, some things will get worse. Overall things are moving in the right direction -- at least in comparison to the direction it would be going if Trump won re-election. Plenty of things are still fucked, but they would be much more fucked if Trump won, so I'm going to take some optimism and solace from that.

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
It's quiet because it's almost Christmas. Shit will probably start popping off again on the 27th.

The last few days haven't felt quiet at all, though...in just the past few days the Russia hack (and Trump's complete dismissal of it), Trump playing with the ideas of seizing voting machines, appointing Powell as a special counsel, actual military action, and now another Supreme Court case...feels just about as crazy as it's been since the election.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The last few days haven't felt quiet at all, though...in just the past few days the Russia hack (and Trump's complete dismissal of it), Trump playing with the ideas of seizing voting machines, appointing Powell as a special counsel, actual military action, and now another Supreme Court case...feels just about as crazy as it's been since the election.
Things are happening, but the temperament is still quieter in general. It's not as blatantly frantic because Christmas always does this. It's a momentary distraction before everyone turns back on the TV and starts flipping their collective shits.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I think things have calmed down overall because almost everyone but election deniers are in a holding pattern but it's all going to pop off next year.

Win or lose in Georgia Biden won't make the police brutality crowd happy so if there's any justice in the world that shit should start up again next year. Once Georgia's over we'll likely not have the Senate and the Republicans will have no more reason to come and make a deal to pass any more stimulus so the economy is fucked so we're going to get all the upheaval that comes with that. And then in 2 years we'll have mid-terms.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Tentatively as his loss is soaking in to the MAGA crowd, yeah hope things mellow out. Just hope for two things 1) he doesn't do something drastic like nuke Iran, 2) once he is out of office, hope the news media doesn't waste time on him, let him rot we've heard enough of his bile.

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely not.

He's dragging us all down with him, and things won't begin to feel "normal" again until we have a smooth transition in January. But the old normal is gone for a long, long time if you ask me.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
For me, yes, because I don't live in the US. Where I live, the news coverage of Trump has dropped off to a degree. Trump no longer has office space in my mind, and that is a blessed relief.

Homekoro

Dec 5, 2018
We'll have to see, hopefully it calms down after Biden assumes office and it's finally over without any question.

I'm also relieved to see Trump signs and flags slowly coming down all around my community. Mostly trucks and a few diehards are the holdouts (morons that have their entire home covered in that kind of garbage).

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It seems like while maybe the population of the Trump faithful are shrinking, they are getting louder, prouder, and more insane by the day. They are going absolutely nuts over how Trump could steal the election or what they'll do if Biden takes office. They have officially lost it and fear what will actually happen come Jan 20th when reality comes at this people fast. That Trump, in fact, cannot just keep power under some miracle white nationalist, treasonous, hail mary because they want it so bad.

Shit is gonna go wild, even if I hope this also proceeds without any issues.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
The republican establishment and Trump aren't going to mend wounds by 2024, so the only way he runs is independent which won't win him anything.
What wounds? The GOP are probably going to keep the senate and will be 100% behind Trump's 2024 campaign within a few months. They fall in line, always.