• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
User Warned - Lazy Dev Rhetoric
So I have just defeated the dark elf leader, and up until this point the game has been rather boring, the combat is good, if rather convoluted with its upgrade systems, there's so many dam things to upgrade I feel overwhelmed by it. The story doesn't seem to going anywhere, its tilk from stargate and a boy growing frustrated. Also the idea of the different realms occupying the same space is really lazy game design, making the game world seem bigger then it is. Plus the game world itself is anoying to navigate, with its quasi open world.
Technically it looks great, however the colour pallette is a bit garish. The combat is good too, but I'm rather confused why this is so many peoples game of the year and has so many very high scores, unless it gets a lot better, its starting to feel like an 8/10 game maybe even less if the story and pacing does not improve.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in the same boat as you, and thought it remained the same, if not a bit worse.

Ended up feeling like a 7.5 or 8/10 game for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Right after where you are is where the game finally sunk it's hooks into me and didn't let up til I had platinumed it.

Story only gets more intense, and the world layout starts to feel like 2nd nature as you keep exploring.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
My unpopular opinion is that the game peaks with the first fight against The Stranger. That was some epic stuff and the rest of the game never lived up to that moment for me.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
Even if you don't like it that much, how is an 8/10 game a bad thing? Doesn't that still mean it's pretty good?

Oct 25, 2017
Is 8/10 really not enough for you to want to keep playing?

Answering the question, though, I don't think it does, but maybe play a little bit more because I've seen people who dislike Alfheim, even though to me it's one of the highlights of the game.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
A 8/10 game isn't good enough for you ?
Honestly if you have that kind of concern by now, wanting to know if it gets better, stop playing. It's about the same after that.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You're welcome to make this thread again when you are better able to explain how you feel about the title without resorting to calling developers lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.