• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
516zbQNtgLL.jpg

I randomly thought of this game the other day, I loved it to death when it first came out and thought about how great it would be if we got a port to Switch or mobile devices.
Seems like this kind of tactical RPG works great on a mobile platform

Level 5 is still around and kicking so it'd be nice if this someday happened.
Anyone else enjoy this back then? PSP had some stealth hits that I really enjoyed at the time

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
516zbQNtgLL.jpg

I randomly thought of this game the other day, I loved it to death when it first came out and thought about how great it would be if we got a port to Switch or mobile devices.
Seems like this kind of tactical RPG works great on a mobile platform

Level 5 is still around and kicking so it'd be nice if this someday happened.
Anyone else enjoy this back then? PSP had some stealth hits that I really enjoyed at the time
It's a great game. But you really think Sony Interactive Entertainment will put one of their games on the Switch? ;)

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was actually just thinking of this the other day. I never got to it because I didn't own a PSP, but I always thought it looked great, along with several other JRPGs on the system (FF7 Crisis Core and Tactics Ogre). It'd be really great if some of these got PC/Switch/Current Gen re-releases.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
With the recent succes of A Plague Tale also happening during the 100 year war I'd love to see Level-5 reamking the game and finally releasing it in europe.

Seriously it always boggled my mind that it didn't at least get a french release. I mean we love good Japanese style tactical RPG games , and the game is named after Jeanne D'arc you'd think it'd be a no brainer here .

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I liked the game a lot, though it was kind of fucked up how one of the main characters was a pedophile and serial killer in actual history.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I played this on my Vita (its available for purchase on PSN) and it was aight. Seemed to blend in with the other one off SRPG games you come across on Playstation.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still own it. The game had potential. Wish they had developed it into a franchise.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bring it up when people want SRPG suggestions. It was top notch for sure.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't the biggest fan of "YOU MUST BEAT THIS LEVEL IN 10 TURNS OR GAME OVER" personally

Space Lion

Banned
May 24, 2019
PSP feels like a forgotten system in general unfortunately. May go down as one of the most underrated systems of all time. At its peak it sold 80 million units and yet it's like its legacy and memory have disappeared into the ether...I've never seen a system so popular and yet so forgotten to time.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Man thanks to this thread I just remembered I bought this game digitally but never played it.

Time to dig out the ol' Vita.

Oct 27, 2017
Great game. I had to import it because it wasn't released in Europe for some weird reason. Was worth every penny.

Sony should have continued the PSP HD ports thingy they were doing and released it on PS4.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i was working for sony as a contracted "game tester" at the time this came out and one of the perks was being able to buy first party games for $10. being a fan of turn based games, i loved this one.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
Does this game get into each side's religious motivations or does it wash that out?

OP
OP
WascallyWabbit
Oct 25, 2017
Does look like Level-5 is on their own now, and Sony was the publisher originally. I can only assume by the fact we haven't a word of it in years that Sony may own the rights though

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I love this game. I've played through it at least 6 times. It's just so good.

First time I played the game was so hard. I somehow missed the dialog box that taught you how to put skill stones in your weapons and it didn't dawn on me that I missed something until Cuisses was like "hey I can combine skill stones for you". I sold a bunch of stones I shouldn't have because why not I've got tons of these useless things. Man that was a rough playthrough.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This was one of the first games I played on my Vita.

I have mixed feelings on it. It's such a weird game. It doesn't feel like the kind of game that would ever be made anymore. It's worth a visit just to see how weird PSP games really could be. As a strategy game, it's pretty okay. I liked the dragon fights a lot where multiple units surrounded/attacked a single target. It was also brave enough to repeatedly take away your most powerful units and force you to improvise.

It's a cool game. Incredibly weird. But cool.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game, still own it and have always thought very highly of it.

Why is it so rare these days for companies to invest in the SRPG genre? Fire Emblem has shown post-2013 that the market is there and perhaps bigger than ever, but most large publishers seem to have no interest. If Square can greenlight two Bravely Default games and Octopath I don't see why we can't get a new Tactics Ogre style SRPG. Someone needs to fill this gap!

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Not really, it's like if the story of Joan of Arc was mixed with anime/fantasy elements. Doesn't really get beyond the whole Jeanne is good and her enemies are evil
I mean it's a japanese made game , so it's not all too surprising to see them treat the character their own way . The religious drama between Brits and Frenchies isn't exactly the selling point of her story from their perspective. What's the selling point is the narrative of her being a chosen one and a female knight .

I love this game, still own it and have always thought very highly of it.

Why is it so rare these days for companies to invest in the SRPG genre? Fire Emblem has shown post-2013 that the market is there and perhaps bigger than ever, but most large publishers seem to have no interest. If Square can greenlight two Bravely Default games and Octopath I don't see why we can't get a new Tactics Ogre style SRPG. Someone needs to fill this gap!
Pssst provided you keep your expectations in check and bare in mind it's a first title of that kind for them go take a look at Fell Seal ;)

It's even on Mac and Linux so no excuse here it's support every OS and every version is equally polished

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Played this game a few times. A real shame that another one was made. This could use a port for todays console, or maybe the 3ds if it is possible at this stage.