• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
UK folks, I hope you all picked one of these up when they were selling them recently.

KFC_MP_SuperchargerSauce_SocialAssets421-82bb-e1562746025460.jpg

jman912

Dec 31, 2018
Only chicken place we have around here and I quite like it. Heard that americans consider it bottom of the barrel tho, which makes me feel sad, but also curious to try stuff like popeyes and chick fil a.
In my experience, sometimes KFC outside America (ie. China, Malaysia) tastes better than KFC in America.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I get it every once(a few times a year) in a while because I have a particular love for their chicken tenders.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it sounds like US KFC is trash.

Worst KFC I've had was in China, but it was still edible. Here in Thailand they have spicy wings that are fantastic. They have a hint of lime along with the spice.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
Not really. Had KFC in England once and once in Germany, and it wasn't very good.
Fun fact: There are only 8! KFC restaurants in the whole kingdom of Sweden.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
How is Church's Chicken? Nearest one is 20 miles away, so I've never been, but always curious.

KFC is solid when it's made right. I tried Popeye's for the first time last year and was disappointed with how little meat even the chicken breast had. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I really wanted to like it.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
In Louisiana, everyone eats Raising Canes. I see some people at Popeyes but I have no idea how any of the KFC's are staying open. There is never anyone over there.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Yes.

Do people even take a moment to let a question marinate in their head a moment before they post? Yes there are better places but of course people and yes people right on Era here eat at KFC.

I can do any other fast food but nothing gives me diarrhea consistently like KFC. Not exactly sure why.
More evidence (and outside of a taco bell thread or chipotle thread even!) that people here have the digestive system of toddlers.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
KFC is a Christmas tradition for some reason here in Japan. Not many other options. No popeyes or the like. If I want fried chicken though I usually get from a conbini. KFC is a bit pricey.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes but not as much anymore since my wife got sick from eating there. The pot pie is actually pretty good, so is Nashville hot flavor. I prefer Popeyes but it's too far from my house.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer KFC to Popeyes. Tried Popeyes once like ten years ago, though, so maybe I should give it another shot.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had their fried chicken in like 10 years because Popeyes was introduced to me.

But every now and then I get a spicy zinger sandwhich

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i haven't bought any kfc in years. i've had it a few times but it's always been because somebody else bought some and offered.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually that reminds me, I had KFC at an airport in Dubai during a flight transfer, and they put this amazing spicy seasoning all over the fries and popcorn chicken. Shit was mental! Basically made up for them inexplicably taking like 30 minutes to prepare it and almost making me miss my connection. You definitely do not want to be breaking into a jog on a travelator whilst cramming popcorn chicken into your face with the oil still scalding hot.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah like once a month I get a craving for it and then I'm over it for a few more weeks. We don't have Popeyes or Chic-fila or any other decent fried chicken franchises in Australia though so it's not like I can go anywhere else.
This, but also it's the most convenient to reach fast food place near work.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I got KFC a bunch this summer 'cause it was $4. I was disgustingly broke. Do what you have to. But the distance b/w Popeye's and KFC is an ocean wide.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Nope

I rarely eat fried chicken anymore, but ever since I found out Chic fil A was a bastion of bigots, I switched to Xaxbys. KFC is nasty as fuck in the US. It's not as bad in Europe but I still very rarely go there. Maybe once a year

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
UK so there is no popeyes. I sometimes go in for a zinger burger or thigh and some beans

I really miss KFC's crispy strips, those things were superb and I went to KFC tons when they had them. Mini fillets are garbage

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You could have bought an entire chicken for $5 or so when it's on sale at the grocery store. KFC is fucking ridiculously expensive for what it offers.

This would require an oven or stove. Ingredients to prepare the chicken so it's seasoned. Store to make it last longer than the day I bought it. The time to do it. These are all weird assumptions you made for no reason.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Popeyes is overrated. Don't @ me.

Enjoy that greasy ass mess you call food then, :p

Popeye's kicks the shit out of KFC every day of the week. No debate, no contest.

I can count how many times I've been to KFC, in my entire life, on one hand. I haven't had it in years. Every time I think about going, I remember just how greasy, soggy and over salted their food is.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Yeah it sounds like US KFC is trash.

Worst KFC I've had was in China, but it was still edible. Here in Thailand they have spicy wings that are fantastic. They have a hint of lime along with the spice.
Just had Chinese KFC 30 minutes ago, will back this up. I also found a random crinkle-cut fry in my fries so I think they might be throwing in some microwaveables in there or something.

They don't even have biscuits on the menu 🤦‍♂️

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I just fucking loved the buffalo wings because of how easy it was to get but now I eat it like once a month cause I was kinda getting a gut. Im good now, damn thats shit food fuuuck.

rezuth

Nov 5, 2017
Like at least two times per year I go on a bender and eat an absurd amount of tenders for like three days. That about does it for me to not eat it for another six months.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Just had Chinese KFC 30 minutes ago, will back this up. I also found a random crinkle-cut fry in my fries so I think they might be throwing in some microwaveables in there or something.

They don't even have biscuits on the menu 🤦‍♂️

Your biscuits are an american only thing. You'd be naive to think that all fast food places around the world don't have regionalised menus.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Your biscuits are an american only thing. You'd be naive to think that all fast food places around the world don't have regionalised menus.
I travel around the world pretty regularly and I'm aware of regional menus. Church's (Texas outside the states) still has biscuits 🤷‍♂️