• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I never really liked pop tarts. But if I had to I guess I'd prefer them toasted.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
bfc6gXC.jpg

and then buttah

I also don't like the frosted ones. So I just stick with un-frosted strawberry or brown sugar.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
If i am resorting to eating a pop tart it's because i have about 5 seconds to grab something before i have to go so no. If i have time to toast it i make a toaster strudel instead.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh, one more thing I need to add and I feel its important.
All off-brand pop tarts suck. I have never had a good 3rd party pop tart and I don't know what it has to be this way. Every one taste super dry and mealy.

If anyone has found one feel free to enlighten us.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by that cold pizza vs reheated pizza thread many on Era do not own toasters or toaster ovens. Unbelievable I know.

I'm kinda pissed because my wife wanted a toaster oven as a wedding gift... and we got one, and we have a small kitchen, and she threw away our toaster. And I'm disappointed because I used the toaster all of the time, but I never use the toaster oven... just seems so much more of a hassle. I know it probably isn't but seems like more work. We have a regular oven too so I don't get it as much.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, one more thing I need to add and I feel its important.
All off-brand pop tarts suck. I have never had a good 3rd party pop tart and I don't know what it has to be this way. Every one taste super dry and mealy.

If anyone has found one feel free to enlighten us.

Annie's are pretty good. But, not worth the price. Annie's is easily 2x the price of a pack of poptarts, and because they don't use industrial glue and adhesive tape as incredients, they're more crumbly. Also, they smell like real food as opposed to, like, industrial solvent, which has this very comforting smell when you tear it open.

So, like, I'd still get pop tarts over them because when you want a pop tart you want a pop tart. But the ANnie's ones are good.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
They taste better out of the toaster, but I've also eaten them right out of the wrapper when time didn't allow. Given the choice, toasting is always the better option.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
no, they aren't better enough toasted to waste that many precious minutes. straight out the vending machine, kind of broken and busted but in my mouth is how i like em

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda pissed because my wife wanted a toaster oven as a wedding gift... and we got one, and we have a small kitchen, and she threw away our toaster. And I'm disappointed because I used the toaster all of the time, but I never use the toaster oven... just seems so much more of a hassle. I know it probably isn't but seems like more work. We have a regular oven too so I don't get it as much.
We just don't have the space for so many appliances in our kitchen. Yes toasters are handy but my kickass Kitchen Aid toaster oven does all of that and more. Sure it takes a little longer to toast a slice of bread but it's so versatile I've never missed having a regular toaster.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Depends what kind. But toaster is the way to go. Microwave if instead of an evenly heated crunchy pastry you want an unevenly heated and somewhat soggy mess. Raw is a last resort and ends up with me being upset the thing isn't toasted.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
We just don't have the space for so many appliances in our kitchen. Yes toasters are handy but my kickass Kitchen Aid toaster oven does all of that and more. Sure it takes a little longer to toast a slice of bread but it's so versatile I've never missed having a regular toaster.

I have that same one... I need tips. Wheneevr I toast bread in the toaster oven, it toasts unevenly and I have to flip it. Is there a secret here?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have that same one... I need tips. Wheneevr I toast bread in the toaster oven, it toasts unevenly and I have to flip it. Is there a secret here?
Is this your model?
images

Because that's mine and it toasts like nobody's business. No flipping or anything. I tell it how many pieces I want toaster (1-6) and set the level of toasty-ness I want (I choose level 2) and it gets it just perfect every time.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Annie's are pretty good. But, not worth the price. Annie's is easily 2x the price of a pack of poptarts, and because they don't use industrial glue and adhesive tape as incredients, they're more crumbly. Also, they smell like real food as opposed to, like, industrial solvent, which has this very comforting smell when you tear it open.

So, like, I'd still get pop tarts over them because when you want a pop tart you want a pop tart. But the ANnie's ones are good.
I like Annie's other stuff like their white mac&cheese. I'll give them a shot.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
What kind of savage eats them raw?

Also, I'm super lazy but even I have a minute to toast them instead of microwaving them. Tastes better too.