• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
My wife has a few friends who bought Animal Crossing to play while social distancing and she wants to get it to play it with them.

She wants a Lite and likes the coral color best. She preordered one a couple days ago on Amazon and I'm worried we aren't going to get it anytime soon. The Switch seems like it's hard to find right now regardless of which system or color you're looking for, and it seems odd that you can preorder a coral Lite at any major retailer right now even though finding any other version is difficult. I'm guess there's little chance we'll actually get it on the 3rd, and that Amazon likely doesn't know how many units they'll get and plan to send out their shipment based on order date.

There's a few Lites in other colors in stock at local Targets, I'm thinking we should jump on one of those because it's likely the state shutdown will be over, or close to, by the time we actually get the Coral one. Curious to hear Era's thoughts, especially if anyone works at a retailer and might have some insight into how many stores will receive.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Fwiw my preorder from last month previously said sth like "shipping tbd" but updated recently to "arriving by 8pm on April 7th"

So hopefully it won't be too late for others either

OP
OP
Clay

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
It doesn't launch in NA until April 3.

... I know. I'm not sure how you could read even part of the OP and think I'm unaware of this.

Fwiw my preorder from last month previously said sth like "shipping tbd" but updated recently to "arriving by 8pm on April 7th"

So hopefully it won't be too late for others either

Thanks for this! This doesn't make me too optimistic unfortunately, we just got our preorder in a couple days ago. I think I'll go ahead and keep the preorder but assume we'll not receive it until mid-April or so, and grab another color in the meantime.

OP
OP
Clay

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry. I just think you're worrying prematurely is what I'm trying to say.

No problem. I really don't think so though. Maybe it's just where I live for some reason, but there are very, very few Switches in stock anywhere around me. I had to go to six different stores today to track down a Turquoise Lite, and that six store was the only one that any Switches in stock, of any color or version. According to Best Buy's site there's no stock of any Switch Lite within 250 miles of my address. It's really hard for me to believe every other color is sold out, but that if you preorder a brand new color you're guaranteed to get it the day it launches. I'm sure people who got their order in weeks ago will get it on the 3rd or soon after. People just now getting around to it... we'll see, but I really doubt it.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Switch shipped on Friday instead of Wednesday as pre-orders usually do. It'll arrive tomorrow.

Wife was chomping at the bit to play Animal Crossing through so I just ended up doing a Wal-Mart pickup order on Friday, and I'll put the one arriving Monday up for sale here.