• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Weird new glitch that started a few weeks ago for me while on mobile ResetEra. When I'm replying to a thread, as I'm typing my comment, the advertisement on my page will often refresh about once every 30-60 seconds. When this happens, my keyboard closes and reopens... But it takes a moment to reopen, and if I'm typing quickly, my fingers slam onto what was under the keyboard... Which happens to be an advertisement.

At that point, tapping the ad a few times of course then loads the ad on my Chrome mobile browser. This has the unfortunate side effect of causing me to lose my partially-typed comment by the time I press "back" on my browser.

Anyone else experience this? Seems to only happen on comments and not new posts I make.

Deleted member 20603

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every time. Move your mobile keyboard over your post, so when it taps through, you don't hit the ad. You can't read what you write, though...

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
The way the ads rotate on era makes for an awful user experience. The site runners know it's an issue but say they have no plans to address it.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Not that problem, but on resetera only when typing a reply the text input will super lag. I'll type a sentence then look up at the reply box and the letters will be appearing slowly one every second.
I recently realized that the problem seems to only happen on long threads with lots of replies. Since I just typed this message and had no slow down problem.

What's up with that?

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah. And people wonder why everyone uses adblockers

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Every time I post if someone responds before me it will knock the comment window down a few spaces and I have to scroll down to see the comment window again. I use Safari.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Not only is that an issue, but my text lags bad when writing on mobile at times (though it isn't now), and autocorrect is sometimes flatout broken. I usually write in a Gmail draft and the paste it here to post, haha.

I really miss the old platform from a year and change ago.

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
On mobile, when I'm typing up a reply, I hate when the message pops below the last post that says: "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?"

It bumps the post window down under my keyboard. So annoying.

I've also been getting the "Aw Snap!" (something went wrong, Reload) error page quite frequently on Chrome iOS, but pretty much only on Resetera.

Last edited:

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
Yes. It's awful. And the browser tab crashes in ResetEra frequently for me. And my keyboard disappears and I accidentally click on an ad. I use Google Chrome on an iPhone 6.

Can this be fixed?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure I've noticed the refresh thing, but the lag while typing is brutal.

And the full screen bottom ads.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
We're planning a significant software update within the next couple weeks; our hope is that a range of current issues will be resolved by that.

If this is still a problem after the next update please let us know with browser and OS information.

Status
Not open for further replies.