• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Winners use the Kaneko Video Glove for all games.
DkO83GGXsAAiFtQ.jpg

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
No, but I've been tempted by the Vita. I hate how it's all nice and shiny after cleaning it, only to turn back into a greasy mess within a few minutes.

Also for once I would like to enter a thread like this and don't see the usual replies calling OP a freak over some unusual but otherwise inoffensive habit, or the low effort "weeKeNd suRe iS eARly" posts.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I live in a very hot country, so I would prefer to just not play at all to wear gloves

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't own a Nintendo Switch, but I do like to use camouflage hiking gloves when using my Xbox One X. That thing cost $500-- no way am I smudging that controller with my fleshy expulsions.

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
The only reason I even own white gloves is for a Luigi Halloween. And no, I never thought of using them while playing the switch or any other handheld or console.

In my opinion, a weathered object is a loved object. It's just part of using anything that it gets worse for the wear.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Thank you for treating the hardware with respect.
You have to. I wear a hairnet when I'm playing games with VR headsets too. That way I don't give lice to everyone else in the house.

I don't own a Nintendo Switch, but I do like to use camouflage hiking gloves when using my Xbox One X. That thing cost $500-- no way am I smudging that controller with my fleshy expulsions.
I think you're not understanding the main benefit of this. Or at least not selling it. If you camouflage your hands, then your friends playing splitscreen games can't cheat by watching what inputs you're supplying.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Yes you're way overprotective with it but to each his own.
You'll probably have a heart attack if you saw my nephew's Switch.

stepee

Jan 29, 2018
Yes, and it actually bothers me when I see people who don't do this. I usually carry a few extra pairs with me and if I see someone on the subway using their bare hands on a switch I'll drop a wrapped pair of white gloves on the seat next to them and hope they get the hint.

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You have to. I wear a hairnet when I'm playing games with VR headsets too. That way I don't give lice to everyone else in the house.

Lice isn't even necessarily the danger there, I just mandate that only the bald can use my HTC Vive Pro. But I *do* have a special pair of goggles that are put in a disinfectant called Odoban after every VR session, so that any strange eye juice from myself or strangers doesn't ruin the headset.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
I don't wear gloves. I wash my hands a lot though. I don't like my controllers dirty or oily from moisturizers.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I place condoms on my hands just to make sure the interaction between me and the Switch is safe. After all, I really don't know what went on in the factory it was made.

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like it would be a lot less trouble to just buy a new Switch if and when your current one gets to be in unacceptably poor condition, which will be years from now if it even ever does.

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I place condoms on my hands just to make sure the interaction between me and the Switch is safe. After all, I really don't know what went on in the factory it was made.
This man will never get the caronavirus because of his very reasonable level of care.

Actually, you may want to save some money by going w/ these instead:

These will give you the same level of protection, but it won't be as buttery smooth unfortunately.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Well you know what they say, if the gloves don't fit, the Switch you must quit

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Nah. Everything wears down and breaks eventually, no use stressing out about it.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I wear the same ones that Nintendo gave out from Mario Party 1's rotate the stick mini-games.

(Not really, but that's what the thread title reminded me of.)

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I use compression gloves for my knux when I'm playing some games but uuuuuh you don't need gloves man! Touch the toy! By the time it wears down enough to be ugly, it'll be time to move on anyway.

Edit: Buy a skin, screen protector and a dockable case. All 3 together will protect the console and joy con from literally everything. You can also get usb c and headphone port caps to minimize dust. Dbrand makes great skins, Nyko makes a solid dockable case, and they should fit together (albiet tightly, might survive with just the skin.) You don't need the gloves. Get all of the above and the system will last forever.

Last edited:

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
Was the goal of this to make an "Am I the only one" thread, where the answer is actually yes?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

You should also be taking birth control and take your hands off the Switch right before you have too much fun just to be extra safe.