• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Today I decided to try out some Campbell's Slow Kettle Soup for lunch, and yeah, I really didn't like it!

Honestly, my quest to find a meal that was at the very least suitable for lunch has been so unfulfilling, both literally and figuratively.

Go the healthy route and stick with salads, fruit, granola, and yogurt? I stay energized but I get hungry again within the hour.

Be unhealthy and get something from a restaurant or cafeteria? I feel full but subsequently feel too sleepy to be productive for the rest of the work day.

And doing pre-packaged meals, whether it is through my own meal prep or from buying them at the market, always just leaves me unsatisfied in regards to taste. I just dislike reheating things/leftovers altogether, but I at least love to cook so dinner is always something to look forward to because nothing beats a fresh meal.

At this point I think I might just take the healthy option, and try to have a more fulfilling dinner (even if that means I have to exercise afterward). I just wish I could have it all...

Disguised rant aside, any of y'all feel similarly?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I've given up.

I just eat yogurt mixed with almond milk and peanut butter for lunch. Every day for months. it's filling, it's cheap, it's easy to whip up in the morning. Low carb so I don't want to take a nap after eating.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My lunches are usually one of two things:

1)Leftovers from the night before.
2)Just make a quick sandwich/salad of some kind with a granola bar or yogurt.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I always make lunch boxes even when working at home, saves time and money plus it's easier to keep them healthy and filling tbh

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Yep totally. Same for dinner.
I'm beginning to consider doing meal preps myself so I don't have to think about it anymore.
And then on days where I don't want to eat meal preps, I'll just order delivery or something.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
No, I just eat whatever I feel like.

Today it was soup from yesterday lol

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I just meal prep my lunches for the week. I'll eat the same thing all week.

Last week: butter chicken with basmati rice
This week: chicken nuggets with garlic mushroom quinoa and broccoli
Next week: Chicken burritos (prepped and frozen, just stick in the microwave for a bit and finish on a panini press)

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see the responses be either:
  1. Skip/have something like a yogurt
  2. Leftovers
  3. Meal prep
But no one's mentioned getting from a restaurant.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Sammie or tenndies. Keep it simple if you choose to eat bigger otherwise snacking is a good choice as suggested. Save all them cals for dinner.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently on a 9 month streak of bringing my lunch to work every day.

The only way I've been able to do this is dinner leftovers. We started making more food and it has made it so easy.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Working from home makes it so easy. You just grab whatever's in the fridge and knock out a plate of random stuff. Dinner takes some planning, but I don't need to get cute with lunch.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
It's not very hard given I'm working from home and have plenty of time to cook, either at lunch itself, or cooking things in larger amounts that results in leftovers for lunch. I'll usually make some more elaborate meat-based dish on the weekened (a soup, stew, roast, etc.), a pot of daal early in the week, then cook a few pots of rice and roast a couple sheet pans of vegetables over the course of the week. That leaves me with plenty in the fridge to mix and match for lunches.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
I recently discovered that I really enjoy a veggie wrap with hummus, despite previously hating vegetables lol. It's super easy to make during my break and is an easy way to fit a healthy meal with veggies into my day.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
I make a pot of curried lentil soup on Sunday morning and have it for lunch Mon-Fri followed by an apple. It's super delicious and filling and at least 2 of my 5 a day and meat-free so healthy and cheap too. I use to heat it in the microwave at work but since covid I've just been heating it home and using a food flask. Makes my life so much easier.

Oct 27, 2017
I felt the same, for lunch and breakfast actually, and I didn't consistently eat either meal as I either got up too late or just felt like working rather than eating.

I've been drinking a meal replacement (Huel) for about a year now for both breakfast and lunch on weekdays and I don't think I've missed one of those meals since. I still eat a regular dinner (most of the time).

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Do you need lunch? Ask yourself if you're even hungry for a big sit down meal.

Like most others, I used to think I needed 3 meals a day. Once I change my thinking on meal quantity and instead focused on eating foods that aren't calorically dense (but are nutrient rich), I soon realized I didn't really need (or want) a large meal in the middle of the day.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
This strat works:
Got leftovers? Eat those?
Dont got leftovers? give up the idea of eating proper food. Eat whatever.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
For ages I just had half a super barebones quesadilla and two frozen taquitos lol and I still think that's the perfect lunch for me.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Lunches are usually always sandwiches. My wife and I have a harder time picking something to eat for dinner. Asking her "what do you think I want for dinner" doesn't work anymore.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I usually have leftovers or I'll drive someplace quickly and order ahead. On special occasions I'll order something for delivery but I work in a very inconvenient location for food in general so it is easier for me to bring lunch.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Do you need lunch? Ask yourself if you're even hungry for a big sit down meal.

Like most others, I used to think I needed 3 meals a day. Once I change my thinking on meal quantity and instead focused on eating foods that aren't calorically dense (but are nutrient rich), I soon realized I didn't really need (or want) a large meal in the middle of the day.
I'm always hungry, yes I need lunch.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
I hate figuring out what to eat. I hate eating in general. Give me food pills I take 3 times a day.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Salad! I try to vary what I put in it and dressing to have some variety.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

McRib is back on Wednesday News

2020-12-02 0:0:0 America/Los_Angeles https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/11/30/mcdonalds-mcrib-returns-wednesday-shave-for-free-mcrib-contest/6425093002/ Take a break from arguing about politics or $70 games. McRib is back. Oh, and there's a contest. Tl;dr: McRib on Wednesday.

irri

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Every Monday I go to the store and pick up sandwiches for that day, then I make soup on Tuesday in a big batch that lasts me until the end of the week. Super easy and satisfying. If you feel the soup isn't enough, make or get hummus and some pita bread to eat with it.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As the leader of the lunch gang I usually pick where to eat so no it's not that hard. Basically float some restaurant names, or cuisines, then see what everyone will agree with.

BarefootTea

Oct 27, 2017
If your hungry again soon after lunch, make sure you're eating enough protein and fat to have satiety from lunch. Nuts, nut butters, seeds, cheese, & hard boiled eggs are some simple foods that help with satiety.

Lately, I've been having eggs and bacon. I could put this over rice, over potatoes, throw it in a burrito, etc. Add fruits & veggies such as chilies, green onions, kimchi, side veggies and there is a well rounded meal. Could even add miso soup for some fermented food which is good for the gut.

I also tend to re-heat leftovers.