• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Does anybody really like turkey?

• No

Votes: 66 15.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 336 77.6%
  • Just the stuffing for me

Votes: 31 7.2%

• Total voters

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Hardly anybody honestly actually enjoys turkey. Only good, normal, sane people.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Turkey is fine. It's basically a bigger, harder to cook chicken with a hint of funk to the flavour.

Harder to cook as its bigger size requires a longer cook time and more potential for destroying the breast meat. Properly done it won't be dry, but if you use the same methods (marinade or brine) then a turkey will never be as moist as a chicken.

I'll cook turkey. I'll eat it and be satisfied,

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite holiday by far. That does include the turkey. Always moist and tender on my end thanks to brining.

Oct 28, 2017
Thanksgiving Turkey is the best.

Step One: Brine that SOMEBITCH.

Step Two: Season up the outside AND UNDER THE SKIN!!!!

Step Three: Go to your butcher and get about 3bls of BEEF BACON, THATS RIGHT, BEEF BACON and wrap that SOMEBITCH in a secure snuggie of cured meat. ( a lil bit of lemon pepper and some white wine or the homemade gravy) and slathered with butters.

Unspoken90

Oct 28, 2017
I like the legs and wings, but I hate the white meat unless it's shredded or cut with gravy on top.

I also prefer turkey bacon over regular bacon.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I would agree with the OP if I only ate my wife's family's turkey, thankfully my mom knows how to cook and makes delicious and juicy turkey.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
If the turkey is well seasoned and prepared, it's pretty good, smoked or otherwise.

the problem is that if you're at a family function that can't season worth shit, you're in for a bad time

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Turkey is great and far more versatile than duck, its milder flavor allows it to pair with well with a lot more things. If you get some cheap ol turkey and overcook it and just chow down on the dry breast meat it's pretty bad, but good turkey is wonderful.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
gotta get under the skin and massage the basil herbal sea salty maple butter into the naked meat. Then cook it upside down under a tent.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Turkey is dry?
I must have never had it prepared correctly then, because the Turkey I eat is always very moist.

Duck is pretty terrible. But that's probably because it taste like chicken's dark meat.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Just be careful about stuffing it.

JC0fS5.gif

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
properly prepared turkey is godly

learn to fucking cook OP

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
turkey's neutrality makes it a perfect centerpiece on a plate covered with six kinds of delicious holiday slop

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yes, I love it. I pick up some Boar's Head cold cuts, different types, almost every week. I sometimes bake a turkey when it's not Thanksgiving.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I had no problems with turkey (but had only tasted it a couple of times) then about 20 years ago we had a christmas where we cooked a turkey leg, I ate it and enjoyed it but for the next few days as I was eating leftovers I started to realise how much different from chicken it was and how gamey it tasted and unfortunately I've never been able to eat it since.....well technically I can eat it I've just chosen to avoid it.

So yea turkey is out for me now.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
It's alright the day of. But afterwards...it's the best! Black Friday hot browns are a rule in my house. Turkey tetrazzini. Turkey neck soup (turns to jelly in the fridge, so you know it's good). All kinds of savory pies, casseroles, soups, noodle dishes, etc. It feels like a waste to eat any of it on Thanksgiving day itself.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turkey is heavy on my stomach so I don't eat it often, but yeah I like it. It doesn't have to be dry lol.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
The last few times we made turkey, we brined it or spatchcocked it. It was pretty good. That said, I prefer prime rib, a tenderloin, porchetta, ham, or a leg of lamb for Thanksgiving or other big celebratory dinners. It's always kinda underwhelming. I like smoked ones better, I think.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I only fuck with Pernil on Thanksgiving

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I love turkey but I don't care for stuffing. My thanksgiving plate is usually Turkey,Ham, gravy and mashed potatoes.