• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Many thanks for your support everyone, I'm actually doing great. Very surprised by my new-found appreciation for life.
I've said this before but even if the worst happens right now, I'd die a happy man because I kind of reconciled with myself. Didn't feel like a human being at all before posting this thread, felt like I was stuck in a nightmare. Will keep you updated if there's any news.
Talal, if you need someone doing crappy music to go with your game, let me know :D
That would be great, thx for the offer. Will dm you once I reach that point.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Many thanks for your support everyone, I'm actually doing great. Very surprised by my new-found appreciation for life.
I've said this before but even if the worst happens right now, I'd die a happy man because I kind of reconciled of myself. Didn't feel like a human being at all before posting this thread, felt like I was stuck in a nightmare. Will keep you updated if there's any news.

That ain't gonna happen though, you showed us how strong you are, you got this!

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
I've said this before but even if the worst happens right now, I'd die a happy man because I kind of reconciled with myself. Didn't feel like a human being at all before posting this thread, felt like I was stuck in a nightmare. Will keep you updated if there's any news.

You're not going anywhere! :)

Horp

Nov 16, 2017

Wonderful post. You're not going anywhere, I can feel it.
What engine are you using for your game? If you are using Unity I am happy to assist with answering questions or figuring out tricky things, I have extensive knowledge in Unity.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know you're on the other side of the world, Talal, but one day I'd honestly love to grab a drink or something with you.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Man I've been afraid to check in again for fear of the worst. So glad it's the opposite. You've found your second wind, I'm elated for you dude!

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Dear friends,
sorry for taking so much time to post an update. After weeks of stress, I just got the results today. Apparently there has been a shrinkage of 65% of the tumors and some disappeared completely. There are some new spots with increased activity but my oncologist told me it's normal and they will continue with the same treatment. If the progress stalls we might change it tho but it's unlikely he said.
Presentation was postponed again from last week to last tuesay, I nailed it and we got the project. It's around 6000$ in for me (ability to sell 61 more with 3 already signed) will help my parents financially and save the rest in case more chemo rounds are necessary. I also made a good friend, who is way older than me but shares my love for cinema. He's well connected and told me he knows people in the ministry of health who might help if further treatment is necessary and once and if I'm healed will help me find a job as an assistant movie director.
I don't really find more meaningful words to express my feeling but I really want to thank you for making this happen. FWIW my parents are sending many prayers and wishes towards your way.
Many thanks ERA, very grateful for everything. I hope I can share more good news in the future.
I'm ecstatic to see how my life changed since I started this thread and very grateful. Will take some online art and design courses and try to use them in the small game I'm making as thank you for you. Nothing I can do can show how grateful I am, just started crying now. Hope I'll make you and my parents proud in the future.
Love and respect.

just quoting because this ust oozes good vibes! keep up the good fight my man!!

ResetERA doing amazing things!

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Talal my friend I'm so happy things are looking up for you. Stay positive my man, you got this.

And to this community i have only one thing to say....you guys rock!!

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just stumbled upon this thread and... holy crap. I wish you all the best and I'm glad you're getting better. Now I wanna see your movies so you better stay strong ;)

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news, happy to hear from you Talal and I wish the good new keeps on coming.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
You owe us nothing other than to keep your promise that you'll keep fighting - that is more than enough for us!

Keep going Talal, you've got this.

Lpchaim

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad to hear you're doing well and also at peace with yourself to boot Talal, stay strong and enjoy yourself! :)
Heh, guess I know what to link whenever someone tries to tell me internet interactions are meaningless or what have you. This is beautiful and I'm glad to be playing a part on it, however tiny by itself.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Dear friends, thank you for the kind messages and replies.
I'm still feeling good albeit physically weakened by the treatment. Will have further tests the next weeks to see how things are evolving.

The gig I'm working on kept me occupied the last weeks with lots of programming, travelling and human interactions. Will get paid in the next weeks hopefully. That would allow me to buy some stuff I've missed like a phone, laptop and finally a PS4. Very hyped for GoW btw. Feel like Kratos fighting and climbing to escape the underworld recently.
Been reading some of the books recommended here. I finished Guns, guts and sweat recently and it it was exactly what I've been looking for, thank you for the recommendations.

I'm enjoying every moment and am glad I got to live this long and get my confidence back the last months. Hope you all are doing ok. Take care of yourselves. This community is very dear to me. <3

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see another good update! It's wonderful to hear you are doing the things you've wanted to do. <3

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still feeling good albeit physically weakened by the treatment. Will have further tests the next weeks to see how things are evolving.

The gig I'm working on kept me occupied the last weeks with lots of programming, travelling and human interactions. Will get paid in the next weeks hopefully. That would allow me to buy some stuff I've missed like a phone, laptop and finally a PS4. Very hyped for GoW btw. Feel like Kratos fighting and climbing to escape the underworld recently.
Been reading some of the books recommended here. I finished Guns, guts and sweat recently and it it was exactly what I've been looking for, thank you for the recommendations.

I'm enjoying every moment and am glad I got to live this long and get my confidence back the last months. Hope you all are doing ok. Take care of yourselves. This community is very dear to me. <3

Ha I just checked the thread earlier to see if you had replied due to the other replies today, and glad to see you reply now! I'm always hopeful for your Talal, thanks for the reply and keep it up!

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

You rock.