• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I'm crying for you right now, this is such great news and great progress. You are kicking it's ass!
Keep fighting, we love you!

Jyester

Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear you're doing better! 2018 should be another good year for games, so you have an obligation to see it through!

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
65% shrinkage?

thats-good.gif

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm so glad to hear from you, Talal! And with such great news! It really warms my heart that the community was able to come together and help out someone in need!

Don't give up fighting!

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
this is amazing, really happy for you man. And thanks Era for making this happen.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
O
Dear friends,
sorry for taking so much time to post an update. After weeks of stress, I just got the results today. Apparently there has been a shrinkage of 65% of the tumors and some disappeared completely. There are some new spots with increased activity but my oncologist told me it's normal and they will continue with the same treatment. If the progress stalls we might change it tho but it's unlikely he said.
Presentation was postponed again from last week to last tuesay, I nailed it and we got the project. It's around 6000$ in for me (ability to sell 61 more with 3 already signed) will help my parents financially and save the rest in case more chemo rounds are necessary. I also made a good friend, who is way older than me but shares my love for cinema. He's well connected and told me he knows people in the ministry of health who might help if further treatment is necessary and once and if I'm healed will help me find a job as an assistant movie director.
I don't really find more meaningful words to express my feeling but I really want to thank you for making this happen. FWIW my parents are sending many prayers and wishes towards your way.
Many thanks ERA, very grateful for everything. I hope I can share more good news in the future.
I'm ecstatic to see how my life changed since I started this thread and very grateful. Will take some online art and design courses and try to use them in the small game I'm making as thank you for you. Nothing I can do can show how grateful I am, just started crying now. Hope I'll make you and my parents proud in the future.
Love and respect.
wooooo you got this

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Dear friends,
sorry for taking so much time to post an update. After weeks of stress, I just got the results today. Apparently there has been a shrinkage of 65% of the tumors and some disappeared completely. There are some new spots with increased activity but my oncologist told me it's normal and they will continue with the same treatment. If the progress stalls we might change it tho but it's unlikely he said.
Presentation was postponed again from last week to last tuesay, I nailed it and we got the project. It's around 6000$ in for me (ability to sell 61 more with 3 already signed) will help my parents financially and save the rest in case more chemo rounds are necessary. I also made a good friend, who is way older than me but shares my love for cinema. He's well connected and told me he knows people in the ministry of health who might help if further treatment is necessary and once and if I'm healed will help me find a job as an assistant movie director.
I don't really find more meaningful words to express my feeling but I really want to thank you for making this happen. FWIW my parents are sending many prayers and wishes towards your way.
Many thanks ERA, very grateful for everything. I hope I can share more good news in the future.
I'm ecstatic to see how my life changed since I started this thread and very grateful. Will take some online art and design courses and try to use them in the small game I'm making as thank you for you. Nothing I can do can show how grateful I am, just started crying now. Hope I'll make you and my parents proud in the future.
Love and respect.

So happy for you man. Keep fighting, you got this!

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Internet at its best. So glad you're getting better mate. You'll enjoy all the moments and simple things, and complex ones, and everything else now more than ever. Take care!

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
This is super awesome news! I'm so glad things are turning around for you! Hope this keeps up and we're praying for you!

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I've been keeping an eye on this thread and am happy to see that your situation is improving! Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
was so happy to see your update today brother. keep fighting. so glad things are turning around for you!!

nny

Oct 25, 2017
:) many congratulations and thank you for being an example of strength - keep it up, man!

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yeah Talal!
Great news and thanks for keeping us up to date .
Keep going forward, you're on the kick ass path :D

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Dear friends,
Love and respect.

My man!

yeb1kVr.gif

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear friends,
Love and respect.

I never posted in this thread but followed it on or off since the beginning and everything in this post makes me so happy to the point that i'm in tears here :)

I'm so, so glad for you and very hopeful that you will beat this and get to work in something that brings joy to your life and maybe others as well.

Cheers!

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Super happy to hear about not only the positive results for the treatement, but the positive results in life.

Also, your story may make for a good shortfilm. Just saying.

Deleted member 8683

User requested account closure
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic news, wonderful stuff. Keep kicking ass, stay positive, and if darker times come, remember we're rooting for you.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
So happy for you both in regards to your treatment and all of the other great developments in your life. Keep going, you've got this!

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Era has some annoying people

but after reading through this topic, all of the silly ass comments are totally worth it.

Hope the best for you bro.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted in here since we initially raised the money but I kept reading, I'm so happy everything is going well. You got this, Talal!

Oct 27, 2017
This whole story is so inspiring. I'm so happy for you Talal, keep fighting it.

This is an example of the good that the internet can provide, and everybody that has posted here and donated money should feel proud of what you have helped to do.

I'm surprised that this has not gone viral on twitter or hit the news, its an incredible story.

Nov 13, 2017
Dear friends,
Love and respect.
I started crying. Cheers to you, Talal!