• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Machado

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 26, 2017
Bump!

Great to hear you're doing better Talal. ERA is indeed awesome

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad you're doing well, amazing to read all the support and love.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Sorry for the over the top post, but it's shit like this why I love our generation and what technology can do. If Talal was living just 20 years ago, he'd probably be dead. But because of technology and the outpouring of support from all of us, he's going to be okay. They want to call us snowflakes? They want to call us SJWs with no grasp on reality? Fuck you. This is what happens when humanity comes together, takes a stand, and helps out one person simply because it isn't their time yet. This is why I love this generation. We don't give up on each other, we support one another, and we fight for one another.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Hey Talal, I think it's good that you've taken life by its horns. Not giving up is all that matters.

Last edited:

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the over the top post, but it's shit like this why I love our generation and what technology can do. If Talal was living just 20 years ago, he'd probably be dead. But because of technology and the outpouring of support from all of us, he's going to be okay. They want to call us snowflakes? They want to call us SJWs with no grasp on reality? Fuck you. This is what happens when humanity comes together, takes a stand, and helps out one person simply because it isn't their time yet. This is why I love this generation. We don't give up on each other, we support one another, and we fight for one another.

You know there are other generational members in this site. Not just millennials.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
More than 8 weeks you guys ! This really means a lot.
As I said before, I'm feeling very weak. But I'm feeling really good.
I sound optimistic and I am, but I feel the reaper alongside me most of the time. This is a fight and a very long one, I hope I will come out of it vicorious.
I think without your support I wouldn't be this optimistic. I said this countless times, but besides the reaper I feel there is another army besides me. I can't thank you enough. I keep imagining how my life can be better if I beat this: How I will get more freelance work, join a muay thai gym, do acting classes to overcome my shyness, continue some of my scripts and work towards my goals.

Yesterday I watched the Chelsea vs. Barcelona champions league games (soccer) in a cafe, and I kept thinking how earlier in the season I was 100% sure I won't watch any of these games nor how the season will end, everytime I saw something related to Barcelona I felt a deep ache in my heart ,not only this but in everything I love, I couldn't interact with anything because it reminded me of my dreams. Since the diagnosis I didn't feel like a human being at all, but since posting the thread and after your support, little by little, fragments are coming back and whathever may happen, I feel whole again and know that I'm very grateful and love each and every one of you.

Tomorrow morning I will undergo the third round of chemo. Wish me luck.

A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory... a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream... This doesn't mean anything lol but I remembered it from KH while typing this.

<3

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Sorry to hear you're feeling weak and that it's been tough, but it's good to hear you're still chugging along and still with us. Best of luck with your third round of chemotherapy, and enjoy the soccer. I hope your team will win.

Good luck, Talal! Also congratulations for passing 8 weeks!!

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I sound optimistic and I am, but I feel the reaper alongside me most of the time. This is a fight and a very long one, I hope I will come out of it vicorious.
I think without your support I wouldn't be this optimistic. I said this countless times, but besides the reaper I feel there is another army besides me. I can't thank you enough. I keep imagining how my life can be better if I beat this: How I will get more freelance work, join a muay thai gym, do acting classes to overcome my shyness, continue some of my scripts and work towards my goals.

Yesterday I watched the Chelsea vs. Barcelona champions league games (soccer) in a cafe, and I kept thinking how earlier in the season I was 100% sure I won't watch any of these games nor how the season will end, everytime I saw something related to Barcelona I felt a deep ache in my heart ,not only this but in everything I love, I couldn't interact with anything because it reminded me of my dreams. Since the diagnosis I didn't feel like a human being at all, but since posting the thread and after your support, little by little, fragments are coming back and whathever may happen, I feel whole again and know that I'm very grateful and love each and every one of you.

A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory... a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream... This doesn't mean anything lol but I remembered it from KH while typing this.

<3

Beautiful, honest and thought provoking update Talal. Keep fighting this and please try to keep staying positive.

You've got this, and we're here to support you, despite the distance, every step of the way.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
WateryPessimisticCondor-size_restricted.gif

Awesome!!!

I always love when this thread's updated.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Every time I'm sad I open this topic and my day lightens up. Keep fighting the fight, you're a hero!

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

<3
Good luck for tomorrow buddy, show that reaper you ain't going down. Use your aspiration to overcome this and as usual you've got ERA behind you supporting you till the end and beyond!

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Happy to hear you're getting to enjoy the football matches.

Best of luck with your chemo tomorrow.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Good post

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017

<3

Thinking about you Talal. Keep up the good fight!

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017

<3
We're still with you, bro! I know you're dealing with a lot of emotions given all that you've been going through the last few months, but keep holding on to those positive thoughts. Don't worry about letting anyone down. Just keep fighting and give it everything you've got!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

<3

Good luck tomorrow bro! I'll keep you in my prayers.

This thread makes me really proud of this community.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love reading your updates bro. You can do this. Best of luck and go kick some ass!

Nothere

Oct 26, 2017
Yo Talal, i;ve told your story to real life friends, they're not on ERA... and i just wanted you to know that they are ALWAYS asking me for updates on your condition and they keep sending you good vibes... and it had a crazy impact on me, to think that people across the world (I'm in Brazil) can empathize and connect like this. You do have a tropical army rooting for you. I love my friends, i love you and i love ERA.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Reaper knocks on everyone's door, Talal, just smash the door wide open and stroll out like the boss you are.
Let him know he can come back and try in another 60 years !

We're with you all the way
Blank+_463aa02ed2a54cb0a4afc971f3f89db7.png

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good luck and keep on fighting. I haven't posted here, but have been reading each and every update you provide and I'm rooting for you to beat this. Glad to see you surpass the 8 week mark and I'm looking forward to seeing you cross the finish line fully recovered.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep going - watch the distance and bring it to you with all the force that life can bring. Thanks for all the updates.

Gripey

Oct 25, 2017
Keep it up, Talal. Just kicked in a little more to help with your expenses, or just use it for something you want to keep your spirits up. We're all pulling for you.