• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kane1345

Senior QA, Starbreeze Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see you're getting the treatment you need, Talal. You got this and good luck!

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I also along with everybody else wish you all the best with the upcoming treatment. I believe you will get through it with flying colours.

The wind up bird is a book in read many years ago and need to read it again. It was like nothing else I had read before, hope you enjoy.

All the best chap and stay positive. I think there was a reason you got this treatment. You will go on to do great things.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
I hope it's still helpful to donate, as I went ahead and provided what I could. It's nothing grand, but I hope you'll be able to use it somehow. I just wanna say though, I am amazed at the generosity of so many people from Era, it's truly inspiring, and makes me appreciate being a part of this board and to share my time with all of you. And also how much you've fought up to this point, it's truly is the stuff of heroes. I wish you the best of luck with your treatments my friend.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Awesome!!

Talal, I wish you all the best and i have a very good feeling about your treatment...keep fighting my man

Deleted member 16983

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You all are amazing.

After reading this thread, I think I'm going to spend more time in this forum.

Good luck with the treatment, OP!

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
One hint: Be VERY careful about infections. Your immune system will **tank** during the therapy, so stay away from sick people, public places, try not to catch a cold etc.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'll see you in court, Fig.
Lol! I'm not worried, I hired Lionel Hutz! He came highly recommended, and cheap!

I wanted to also say thanks for helping Talal out. I was worried that a stranger transferring money to him could go terribly wrong. I admit I'm a cynical bastard these days, but I'm glad you were able to step up and get it to him safely. Faith in humanity restored +50 points.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
a full on fat-ass tear just ran down my cheek and i'm glad none of my employees happened to glance over at me.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Super happy to see you're able to start your treatment. Glad I was able to be a part of this. It'll be amazing to see you kick this cancer's ass.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy to hear your treatment has started, Talal. :)

You will beat this! We are always here for you if you need to vent or talk.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone ! I started today and I'm tremendously happy about it. Thank you for making it happen guys, I'm feeling very confident.
The side effects are tough for sure. I'm feeling exceedingly cold and nauseous but that's nothing compared to the despair.
Today was a national holiday so hospital was a little empty and the nurses were very kind. Brought a Murakami book and the 3DS Lil Peanut Brotha sent me. I'm sure this is going to be a long night but as mentionned before I don't feel alone and am ready for anything that may come.
The money BobLobLaw wired to my bank account also came through without problems. Very grateful for the risks he has taken for my sake.

This is great news. I'm wishing you all the best. Hope the treatment goes well and you recover fully.

Blue Moose

Nov 5, 2017
Many thanks everyone. Glad to have this place.

Book is The wind up bird chronicle, got through a 100 pages or so and really like it so far. On the 3DS I've been playing bravely default.

I really enjoyed that book! So weird... the audiobook is great, too.

So glad to hear from you. We're all behind you!

GTM

Dec 12, 2017
Having read and posted in this thread early on I am very happy to hear that things are progressing positively for you now! Stay strong and keep fighting :)

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys, I'm feeling a little better now. Some side effects start to fade, but I still have some terrible headaches. Nothing unbearable tho and even if they're sick themselves, my parents took good care of me..
I really love you guys, thanks so much for the wishes and very kind words. I always keep you in my thoughts. Have a good week end.

Gripey

Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff. Keep your chin up and keep fighting. I think about you and this thread every day. Really appreciate the updates.

Infinity

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the updates, Tal. I hope you feel better very soon!

I think about you all the time and look forward to reading the latest in this thread.

Infinity

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
even if they're sick themselves, my parents took good care of me..

Sorry to hear about your parents being sick. I hope they feel better soon. They deserve a break.

I wonder how they reacted to the international fundraiser. Crowdfunding must still be virtually unknown in Morocco among the older generations.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Stay strong Talal! Glad to hear you are thinking positively despite the hardships.

One day you will be pursuing your passion's like this red panda :D.

PqGmbpz.jpg

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hi guys, I'm feeling a little better now. Some side effects start to fade, but I still have some terrible headaches. Nothing unbearable tho and even if they're sick themselves, my parents took good care of me..
I really love you guys, thanks so much for the wishes and very kind words. I always keep you in my thoughts. Have a good week end.
Chemo is a bitch dude. Keep fighting, rooting for you.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
One hint: Be VERY careful about infections. Your immune system will **tank** during the therapy, so stay away from sick people, public places, try not to catch a cold etc.
as a hospital worker and someone who fought an almost fatal bacterial infection i can vouch for this.

pathogens are assholes, do whatever your doctor(s) tell you to do to avoid them!

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Dear ERA, hope you are doing fine.
Even though a lot of the side effects wore off,I've been experiencing some awful headaches, I want to participae in the forum more often but I can't look at a screen or have lights in my room. I have history with migraine, it's similar but after chemo nothing seems to calm it down. Nevertheless, I'm feeling very good and every time I imagine the era logo, colors, ui and your profile pictures I get goosebumps and become very motivated. Thank you again for everything.

I will keep note of your comments and advice, I will do my best to avoid any extra infections.
Sorry to hear about your parents being sick. I hope they feel better soon. They deserve a break.

I wonder how they reacted to the international fundraiser. Crowdfunding must still be virtually unknown in Morocco among the older generations.
Thank you and yes they do. Tbh my parents consider this to be nothing short of a miracle. They say they've been praying for a long time and always knew in their hearts that we would find a solution. My mother now tells me multiple times per day : "It's funny how we can find more kindness in strangers than in our close ones". The fundraising invogorated their soul as well.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been having a bad day when I saw this topic bumped and read the last couple of pages. Cheered me up. Wishing you the best, Talal !

EDIT: Although I didn't see the post directly above me, sorry to hear the effects are harsh.

Oct 27, 2017
Even though a lot of the side effects wore off,I've been experiencing some awful headaches, I want to participae in the forum more often but I can't look at a screen or have lights in my room. I have history with migraine, it's similar but after chemo nothing seems to calm it down. Nevertheless, I'm feeling very good and every time I imagine the era logo, colors, ui and your profile pictures I get goosebumps and become very motivated. Thank you again for everything.

I will keep note of your comments and advice, I will do my best to avoid any extra infections.

Thank you and yes they do. Tbh my parents consider this to be nothing short of a miracle. They say they've been praying for a long time and always knew in their hearts that we would find a solution. My mother now tells me multiple times per day : "It's funny how we can find more kindness in strangers than in our close ones". The fundraising invogorated their soul as well.
Those headaches sound tough. Keep fighting and avoid the screens :) Books are your friends

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

This is god damn great

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
I want to participae in the forum more often but I can't look at a screen or have lights in my room.

Thank you for keeping us updated! But don't feel like you have to if it causes you too much discomfort.

In the meanwhile, it takes a bit of getting used to but if you still wanted to know what's going on here without looking too much at a screen, maybe try enabling text-to-voice on your computer (or, if you have one, on your smartphone). Then you can at least close your eyes and listen to posts being read to you. It'll sound unnatural at first but you get used to it. You can also enable a narrator function so that it will read out screen elements (like dialogue boxes or links). These are meant for blind people to help them navigate computers but maybe you could try it out with your monitor off, which then may allow you the ability to use your computer without having to have the screen on. These settings are often found in the "Accessibility" menu in settings.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I've been experiencing some awful headaches, I want to participae in the forum more often but I can't look at a screen or have lights in my room. I have history with migraine, it's similar but after chemo nothing seems to calm it down.

I hope your body adjusts to chemo sooner rather than later. What is the point of living without forums I ask you?

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I just saw this. I hope you recover fully and the process is as painless as possible. Remember that you are not alone!

jahepi

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Wow, when i read the thread for the first time i was sad but now with the last update from Talal, it is really great to see all the help from the community.

Stay strong man!

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017

Stay strong, Talal! We'll always be here for ya. :)

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017

Take it slow, my friend. We'll still be here when you're feeling a little better. We're all just glad to hear you're staying positive and working through all the obstacles in your path.
Our thoughts are with you.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

We'll be here after your treatment, we're not going anywhere. Take it easy and rest. Also, as-salam-ualaikum warakhmatullahi @ your parents.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

I'd recommend just taking this time to get well, and also, spend it with your family as much as possible.

While we're certainly all here for you, you don't need to be here right now. Take this time to get better, and take the time to enjoy this new phase in your life.

I remember after my first surgery it took me a long time to even want to stare at a screen for more than a few minutes. But the time I got to spend with my family during that time is what I still remember, and treasure to this day.

Just remember, you don't owe us anything. The only thing we look forward to is for you to get better, and I am sure this is what your family wants as well.

Take as much time as you need to get back to health, spend this time with your loved ones, and you will know when the time is right to come back to speak with us.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Man, this makes me choke up. I hope the best your family.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Keep on going. To be fair, I'm at a shock at how fast members of this site, and other places raised money for your cause. I wasn't able to contribute because of my own financial issues, but a little support on the forum can't hurt.

Stick with the updates. Let us know how you're feeling

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I'm aware, Amazon Kindle e-readers have basic browsers built-in. If you really miss the internet, that might be worth a shot as the e-ink display will be far kinder to your eyes.