• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
It's the first time I see this thread. i still can't believe this.

GOD bless You ERA. Cant be more happy for You OP.

This community is amazing. Cheers from Argentina.

You are the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I'd be used to this by now, but yeah people cheering all around the world for me gets me every time. Your replies made a good day even better. Thank you all so much. Love you !

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Talal Ive been a lurker for a very (very) long time but I've followed your story since the very beginning and I have no shame in admitting that I've shed many tears for you, sad and happy ones.

Your general strength is an inspiration to me and I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is the last you ever heard from this goddamned disease.

Like other posters did, I mentioned your story to a friend who went through a similar ordeal and it gave her hope (she's ok!)

Much love from Montréal my friend. Godspeed!
This means a great deal to me. Thank you ! I'm happy to hear your friend is doing better. Fuck cancer.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and continue to wish you good health. My best friend wasn't so lucky last year as I lost him to stomach cancer. You're an inspiration to those of us who have been affected by cancer and I hope more people can draw strength from your endurance.
Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It comforts me to know my story can help other people. It's a huge honor especially coming from people whom I value so much.
Well Death Stranding and The Irishman are mere days away, and only a few months to go for FF7R now... I'd say you made it :)
Just told my friend the same thing :D

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Take care of yourself and always do your best at your job and in your personal growth. You got that. Happy for you!

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to tell you. Your emotional support is amazing and keeps me going everyday ! Thank you so much 🙏

Nov 7, 2017
What a thread. Ive been following from Australia and always see it rise to the top of the OT and I always - secretly - worry, but also know it'll be positive news. It always is. Keep powering through Talal, it really is inspiring! FEELS AND VIBES.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
No big update, just woke up in the middle of the night and wanted to tell you again how much I love guys :')
You were at my side all along. My true mentor. My guiding moonlight.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
I just realised you will have plenty of time to party Death Stranding now, contrary to your OP. Isn't that amazing? Congrats man.
Thank you. Yes I still have a hard time believing it. It feels unreal everytime I see it mentionned in a gaming section thread. Having something to look forward to really helps staying motivated.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Thank you. Yes I still have a hard time believing it. It feels unreal everytime I see it mentionned in a gaming section thread. Having something to look forward to really helps staying motivated.

You got the chance to play FFXV AND DS, your current self is night and day to the OP.

Be proud!

tumblr_p7ebkaGEHT1x7l2gyo1_400.gifv

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I was just reading the thread about the new possible cancer treatments that target tumors by shutting off KRAS proteins and I thought of you Talal. Hope you're doing well.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Love seeing these alerts.
I was just reading the thread about the new possible cancer treatments that target tumors by shutting off KRAS proteins and I thought of you Talal. Hope you're doing well.
Thank you for the thought =). Appreciated the article and some of the insight provided by some users here. While the cancer I had was treatable, many other types still need more advanced treatment so i'm always happy to hear about new breakthroughs. I hope these treatments get tested and approved soon while also being affordable for the less fortunate. And yes I'm doing ok, hanging in there as always.

So did you like Death Stranding? Talal :)
I still haven't played it lol. Been real busy this month but will play through it as soon as I have some free time. Of all the games released this year I think I only bought and finished Sekiro.
He also got to see the Irishman (next Scorsese movie)
Now this I watched the second it dropped. Such a great movie, I felt like a kid watching it and kept thinking "I can't believe I'm here watching this, I'm just happy to be alive" throughout the whole movie. I resist coming here to post everytime I get these feeling lol.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, it's been two years now 🙏.
I think about this all the time and everything you did for me so this anniversary isn't that special to me but I thought i'd give an update.
For those wondering I ended up getting that job. I'm working full-time there now and have health insurance for the next 6 months at least. I ended up taking some side gigs too to clear my debt asap, probably in January. I work around 16 hours a day but I'm happy to get rid of it and start fresh again soon. That test month was really tough because of treatment side effects, I had to keep a straight face and act normal all day while aching everywhere but it's no big deal now that I think about it. Anyway to make things short I sorted out most problems that arose from the last half a year or so.

One other big thing I did was to go see a therapist, probably should have done so a long time ago. He told me I had depression and chronic anxiety disorder? which surprises no one, but just being aware of it changed my life positively in a considerable way and I've been feeling better and less guilty about some of my past failures.

FWIW I met a woman whose survival chances were slim too, who was hesitant to do the treatment and I told her my story and how it all came to be and about that the miracle of how a "video game enthusiast forum" community saved my life and she got motivated and i heard she's doing better now.
Anyway I always try to keep these short and end up writing an essay so sorry about that.
L&R

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see you passing the hope you got forward!
All the best to you, Talal. It's always great seeing this thread float up again and reading your updates on life.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I think about this all the time and everything you did for me so this anniversary isn't that special to me but I thought i'd give an update.
For those wondering I ended up getting that job. I'm working full-time there now and have health insurance for the next 6 months at least. I ended up taking some side gigs too to clear my debt asap, probably in January. I work around 16 hours a day but I'm happy to get rid of it and start fresh again soon. That test month was really tough because of treatment side effects, I had to keep a straight face and act normal all day while aching everywhere but it's no big deal now that I think about it. Anyway to make things short I sorted out most problems that arose from the last half a year or so.

One other big thing I did was to go see a therapist, probably should have done so a long time ago. He told me I had depression and chronic anxiety disorder? which surprises no one, but just being aware of it changed my life positively in a considerable way and I've been feeling better and less guilty about some of my past failures.

FWIW I met a woman whose survival chances were slim too, who was hesitant to do the treatment and I told her my story and how it all came to be and about that the miracle of how a "video game enthusiast forum" community saved my life and she got motivated and i heard she's doing better now.
Anyway I always try to keep these short and end up writing an essay so sorry about that.
L&R
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

That is AMAZING!!! So happy to hear things are going so well for you now. Thank you for updating us all.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018

L&R
That's awesome man! Glad you're doing well.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

L&R

It's always a pleasure when I get the notification for this thread and you're posting good news! I only found out about this thread last year, but ever since I've been following it and rooting for you.

Last year, my father-in-law was diagnosed with prostate cancer. His situation was pretty bad, as he had been hiding his conditions for years, but thankfully the treatment went very smoothly and now he's cured.

The building I live in has this guy, the doorman. He spends the night taking care of the building while we watch TV safely in our beds, so me and my wife always get him some coffee on cold nights. He's a nice guy, very gentle with our kid, so we like him a lot.

This year, he got diagnosed too. Bowel cancer. He was in a tight spot too, so I told him about you. He was really impressed by how you beat cancer, considering how close to death you were. He's going through chemo and thankfully he's doing great. Every now and then, he mentions your story and how he's also going to beat cancer, so you can be sure your example is helping lots of people right now.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So glad that you're still doing well! It's truly amazing. So glad to hear that your story has inspired another person as well.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you everyone, I appreciate it like always <3
It's always a pleasure when I get the notification for this thread and you're posting good news! I only found out about this thread last year, but ever since I've been following it and rooting for you.

Last year, my father-in-law was diagnosed with prostate cancer. His situation was pretty bad, as he had been hiding his conditions for years, but thankfully the treatment went very smoothly and now he's cured.

The building I live in has this guy, the doorman. He spends the night taking care of the building while we watch TV safely in our beds, so me and my wife always get him some coffee on cold nights. He's a nice guy, very gentle with our kid, so we like him a lot.

This year, he got diagnosed too. Bowel cancer. He was in a tight spot too, so I told him about you. He was really impressed by how you beat cancer, considering how close to death you were. He's going through chemo and thankfully he's doing great. Every now and then, he mentions your story and how he's also going to beat cancer, so you can be sure your example is helping lots of people right now.
I'm happy your father-in-law is doing better. I can also relate to him hiding his condition.
I'm also happy to hear the other guy is doing good and hope he can be cured soon, seems like a great guy! It brings me immense joy to know that this collective victory over cancer can bring hope and willpower to people fighting this disease. Without a doubt the biggest thing I've ever been a part of =)

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just last week I thought about you, OP and wondered how you were doing :)

Just read your last update.

Greetings and best wishes :)

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I think of this thread every time someone asks in the OT if resetera has made a difference in someone's life.

Hope all is well, Talal.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hey friends, this is really weird, I was just talking about the forum to a friend before getting the alert.
I'm doing very well thank you all for asking, probably the best I've felt since before the first diagnosis. Mentally and physically I'm doing better, work is good, a little broke this month but got rid of most of my debts and my parents are doing better too. I started the transplant procedure too and I'm excited to get it over with.
As for the virus, it doesnt worry me much for now. Only 2 cases in here so far and I get to work from home if I want to if things get more dangerous. I'm more concerned about my parents tbh, trying to convince them to take extra precautions.
I don't post much but I lurk a lot (mostly in the next gen thread lol). Felt unreal playing the FF7R demo recently.
I think of this thread every time someone asks in the OT if resetera has made a difference in someone's life.

Hope all is well, Talal.
Saved my life and supported me tremendously. It's a community driven miracle. Love all you guys a lot. Thank you for the nth time for everything.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey friends, this is really weird, I was just talking about the forum to a friend before getting the alert.
I'm doing very well thank you all for asking, probably the best I've felt since before the first diagnosis. Mentally and physically I'm doing better, work is good, a little broke this month but got rid of most of my debts and my parents are doing better too. I started the transplant procedure too and I'm excited to get it over with.
As for the virus, it doesnt worry me much for now. Only 2 cases in here so far and I get to work from home if I want to if things get more dangerous. I'm more concerned about my parents tbh, trying to convince them to take extra precautions.
I don't post much but I lurk a lot (mostly in the next gen thread lol). Felt unreal playing the FF7R demo recently.
Wasn't Settat the first Moroccan town to have COVID19 ?

Anyway glad to see you're doing well. My mom who also participated two years ago asked me about you just yesterday.

I hope you've played Death Stranding and watched the new Scorcese. As for Berserk and Hunter X Hunter, I'm afraid we'll have to read the story to our grandchildren.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Settat the first Moroccan town to have COVID19 ?

Anyway glad to see you're doing well. My mom who also participated two years ago asked me about you just yesterday.

I hope you've played Death Stranding and watched the new Scorcese. As for Berserk and Hunter X Hunter, I'm afraid we'll have to read the story to our grandchildren.
Thank you and your mom! I don't know about that first case, they say he was from Casablanca. There was a suspected case that tested negative there and a series of fake news ensued. I don't live there anymore tho, living in Rabat rn.

Still haven't played DS but I watched the Irishman and am looking forward to his upcoming movies. Lmao about Berserk and HxH, I guess it was too much to ask for.