• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Artorias

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread and the people in it have slowly chipped away at the cynicism I've built up over the years. It's great to see a community come together to help out someone in need. Truthfully, I didn't have a lot of hope for this thread, but I'm glad you all proved me wrong.

Talal, I'll be donating what I can. I'm a survivor (although I honestly hate referring to myself as that), and I want to tell you to fight this with every ounce of willpower you have.

We're all here for you, so lean on us if you need to.

Last edited:

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Talal, maybe you should update the OP to include how to work around the issue people are having with PayPal. Looks like that wallet transfer option is working without any problems.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say that was more than a bit, Cerium. I gotta give you props for that!

Oh, that sucks. It let me do it instantly. I think it's because I have linked my bank account to my paypal, and maybe you haven't? :s

Actually, my PayPal is linked to my bank account. It just might be my bank or the fact that I have never transferred money into my PayPal before.

Last edited:

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
What a great thread. This can restore a person faith in humanity with so much good going on in here. I would love to donate, but I am broke asf. I will instead send you my thoughts and prayers for a successful treatment.

Madouu

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Talal,

Concerning how to retrieve funds, I have asked around for you and you have two options:

1- Open an Attijari Wafabank account. They are the only bank in Morocco that have a partnership with paypal allowing their customers to retrieve their paypal balance directly into their bank accounts. The issue here is that this is quite new and most banking agencies don't even know about it. You would have to ask around in Casablanca I think and not in Settat. Also, I am unclear on what restrictions there are if any when it comes to large sums of money. Still, I think this is the way to go and the good news here is that it is definitely possible.

2- Some banks here offer visa cards that work with paypal, these can be tied to your paypal account and you can retrieve your money directly on them. E-carte internationale with la Société Générale is one of them. Now the one issue with this is that when it comes to large sums of money, these tend to trigger moneylaundering alarms with the regulating authorities which might slow down the retrieval process by as much as 15 days.

I would recommend going to Attijari Wafabank in Casablanca and explaining your situation there. If you need a place where to stay in Casablanca to do this, you are welcome at my place at any time. I hope you manage to get the funds as fast as possible.

Also, if you need any help with organizing your crowdfunding campaign, I can also help. If you need to take pictures or someone to write up a more detailed bio and progress on your treatment, it is not an issue for me at all.

I would also like to thank the community for all the help it has provided, you guys rock.

Keep on fighting Talal.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i kept getting the error message when i tried to donate with a debit card, but it started working after i put the money in the paypal wallet first and then used that to donate (converted it in dollars as well). so if the others in this thread who have had trouble tried to use their card they might want to try that.

Just quoting for the ones tuning in now that may be having the same problem.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Will be starting treatment ASAP. Thank you gave for giving me and my family hope again !

This is the best!You got this man!!! I don't just believe, I know it. Don't stop fighting. Fight until you feel you can't fight any longer, and then get your ass up and keep fighting some more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best!You got this man!!! I don't just believe, I know it. Don't stop fighting. Fight until you feel you you can't fight any longer, and then get your ass up and keep fighting some more.

One of my favorite songs !
Hi Talal,

Concerning how to retrieve funds, I have asked around for you and you have two options:

1- Open an Attijari Wafabank account. They are the only bank in Morocco that have a partnership with paypal allowing their customers to retrieve their paypal balance directly into their bank accounts. The issue here is that this is quite new and most banking agencies don't even know about it. You would have to ask around in Casablanca I think and not in Settat. Also, I am unclear on what restrictions there are if any when it comes to large sums of money. Still, I think this is the way to go and the good news here is that it is definitely possible.

2- Some banks here offer visa cards that work with paypal, these can be tied to your paypal account and you can retrieve your money directly on them. E-carte internationale with la Société Générale is one of them. Now the one issue with this is that when it comes to large sums of money, these tend to trigger moneylaundering alarms with the regulating authorities which might slow down the retrieval process by as much as 15 days.

I would recommend going to Attijari Wafabank in Casablanca and explaining your situation there. If you need a place where to stay in Casablanca to do this, you are welcome at my place at any time. I hope you manage to get the funds as fast as possible.

Also, if you need any help with organizing your crowdfunding campaign, I can also help. If you need to take pictures or someone to write up a more detailed bio and progress on your treatment, it is not an issue for me at all.

I would also like to thank the community for all the help it has provided, you guys rock.

Keep on fighting Talal.
Thank you Madouu for your help. I went to Attijari today and they told me the same thing, process might take around 10 or more business days. I have an account with CIH and have their mastercard. When I checked the paypal forums, it seems it can't connect to paypal. I created an account with attijari and meanwhile I am looking for a secure way to transfer funds via Western Union or Moneygram. But I can just wait for the other way because this is in itself a miracle and I'm very grateful. If someone knows a place where I can exchange paypal for a transfer with Western Union, please let me know.

Just quoting for the ones tuning in now that may be having the same problem.
Will update my first post with it. Many thanks to everyone. I'm very grateful to the mods for making this happen.

Madouu

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Madouu for your help. I went to Attijari today and they told me the same thing, process might take around 10 or more business days. I have an account with CIH and have their mastercard. When I checked the paypal forums, it seems it can't connect to paypal. I created an account with attijari and meanwhile I am looking for a secure way to transfer funds via Western Union or Moneygram. But I can just wait for the other way because this is in itself a miracle and I'm very grateful. If someone knows a place where I can exchange paypal for a transfer with Western Union, please let me know.

Sadly Mastercards don't work for retrieving funds here. But I'm glad you've already made your Attijari account, it will hopefully speed up the whole process!

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Nearly 60% in two days. Thank you everybody.
How I'm feeling right now :
e82.gif

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Sent some money your way. What gift could possibly be greater or more meaningful than giving someone hope and in return seeing your own faith in people restored? I'm happy to have been a small part of this. The generosity of this community has blown me away. Happy holidays to you all!

Talal: Good luck fighting the good fight and never take your time for granted. Cherish every second and spend it with the people, places and things you love.

Machado

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 26, 2017
Sent some money your way. What gift could possibly be greater or more meaningful than giving someone hope and in return seeing your own faith in people restored? I'm happy to have been a small part of this. The generosity of this community has blown me away. Happy holidays to you all!

Talal: Good luck fighting the good fight and never take your time for granted. Cherish every second and spend it with the people, places and things you love.
This has to be the most generous thread in the short history of ERA.

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, this community really is great!

I'm just a student without any large funds, but I'll add a bit to my donation later today

Talal, I hope you can sort how to access the money asap and start that treatment!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Western Union charges a butt ton of transfer fees. I'd personally avoid them. I'd go with Moneygram if you're going the funds transfer route without a bank.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Talal, how can I send you FFXV from the US? You mentioned you haven't gotten around to play it yet and I would like to gift it to you.
Many thanks for the offer, but I don't own a current gen console (sold my ps4 earlier this year) nor a powerful pc. But thank you anyway.

Mrfluffypuff

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm...Is anyone else getting errors? I've tried putting in my card information but gives me an error.

Edit: Never mind, read the OP since I'm using debit and will try that.

Edit 2: Ey! Took me a bit but was able to donate. Surely, you can overcome this, it's just a matter of being able to gather your will and see what is most important in life. :D

Last edited:

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Bumping this.

I think we should do our best to keep this on the first page. Gave what I could and hopefully more people will see this and do the same.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It isn't much, but I gave what I could. So very, very happy you've been able to start treatment, Talal--you've got this, man :D

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
I'm so glad this fundraiser is coming together man... keep up the search! This is great news to come home to :)
Keep it up everyone!