• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man it's really shitty that you can't be done with it just yet, but you're gonna kick it's ass again dude.

beins

Oct 25, 2017
Hang in there buddy, I've just read through the thread and have been amazed at your strength and fortitude, truly an inspiration. You've got this.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Don't live in fear, Talal, you beat it once when it was strong, now you get to beat it a second time, when it is weaker. You'll get it done !
My thoughts are with you, stay strong.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all for the kind replies and the good wishes everyone. Even after all this time I'm still fascinated by the amount of love and support you all are showing me.
I will turn 27 today. I've come this far I have to do my best for the rest. Even though when the cancer is back things change and the tunnel vision takes over. Gotta try and stop myself from being self centered again because many people need me rn.
Anyway I'm really grateful to have you in my life. Love you all <3 :')

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Thank you all for the kind replies and the good wishes everyone. Even after all this time I'm still fascinated by the amount of love and support you all are showing me.
I will turn 27 today. I've come this far I have to do my best for the rest. Even though when the cancer is back things change and the tunnel vision takes over. Gotta try and stop myself from being self centered again because many people need me rn.
Anyway I'm really grateful to have you in my life. Love you all <3 :')
March my man. March. FFVII:R

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
Happy (belated) Birthday Talal! I hope you took some time to celebrate and have a good day for yourself!
I don't post much in here, but I always come and check on you when I see a thread bump. I hope all of the positivity being generated by so many @resetera gives you a little confidence boost. I know it's hard sometimes but you have a whole community of people here, myself included, who not only believe in you but are also inspired to face our own life challenges with the same openness and positivity. I just thought you should know that. Take care man. :)

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You kicked this fuckers ass when they told you" you have mere months to live", now its back, but weakened, while you are much stronger, so go raging demon on the fucker, and be done with it.
rooting for you, but im quite sure you got this.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I don't know what to say ! Feels really good to have this much support.
Thanks a lot everyone :')

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hi ERA friends,
I travelled today to visit my business partner whom I didn't talk to for the last 2 months. We kept in touch via Whatsapp though but the not talking part was on me tbh. Gave him a call beforehand so I wouldn't travel for nothing. Multiple payments of the project we're working on came through and I needed to meet him and get my part and just get it over with before starting the treatment with a calm mind. So I took the train, got there, waited around 2 hours for him to finally come and there he was.

Let me first tell you that this guy has some uncommon beliefs. To make it quick he believes his soul is extraterrestrial and he has been sent on earth to save it from incoming doom etc. He has been constructing a house in the wilderness to retire there and increase his spirituality stats so he can understand the universe better. When we were travelling around he made me listen to hours and hours of audio files and weird youtube videos which just accelerated my slumber. He's also obsessed with the number 333 and always tells me that he sees it everywhere so it means he is chosen and that he is on the right path.

So, we talk for a while and I tell him very nicely that I hate to bring this up but can we discuss how he will he transfer the money to me. Can I accompany him to the bank or will he wire them to me, you know that kind of thing. Then he got really suprised and told me that Im putting him in a tough spot. He said since I didn't talk to him on the phone lately, he assumed that I had another gig, wasn't eager to get the money asap and that I was well off. So he invested all the money from our project into his wilderness house. I told him I was just busy with family stuff and that on the meanwhile I was working on improving and responding to our clients semi daily. Anyway, he got real upset and offered no solution.

I had no other choice but to tell him that my cancer is back and that it can't wait, I told him to find a solution. And then he said to me some of the worst bullshit I've ever heard and I've heard a lot: "Sometimes the universe keeps sending you what we call synchronisities, signs that you need to change your life and find the right path. If you keep ignoring them, the universe will give you a calamity like this to wake you up. So it's your fault for not understanding sooner. Maybe you don't have the necessary intellect or a low spiritual presence". I was fuming. Kept quiet for a while. He added "you shouldn't do whathever the world tells you to do. Like chemotherapy, I didn't wanna tell you but you should consider other solutions." I was disgusted but didn't know what to say. He has the age of my father, but I got very upset so I told him that what he is saying is very ignorant, that he is not special and that I know what I'm doing. I controlled myself a lot because you know how when nice people get angry they really lose it. So I kept calm and pressured him into finding me a solution asap. He had nothing to say other than he's trying to sell his 5xykm² villa but there was no buyer. Told me to help find him a buyer so he can reimburse me. Lmao we doing fetch quests now or what. I was really torn and angry. I know he won't scam me cuz we are just getting started and there's much more money to be made and he doesn't do anything I do 90% of the work and can stop whenever I want and his reputation and income will get hit. It's also a huge opportunity for me in the way that I can make a solid portfolio and be set for years to come hopefully. I had enough of him and just left.

I was supposed to meet the only friend I have that didn't leave the country (yet), but he got stuck at work. So I went to the beach and just reflected for a while. I went to the train station afterwards and took the train back home. My right eye got very painful and swollen the last three days or so. Don't know why but it's a little annoying. Haven't shaved for like 2 weeks too and I was weaing a cap so I had a little punished Talal style going on. Very hot day FWIW. I got very tired.

When I finally got home, my father told me that my mother had another one of her episodes. Started beating herself and got out without telling him where she was going. We tried calling her to no avail, and she's the kind to always answer me. I called non stop for like an hour. Then we started calling her family one by one. She has no friends so we didn't call any but I got really worried. So I waited for a while then went to the hospital to see if she was there. At nightfall I was at the police station. No trace of her anywhere. Now everyone's getting worried cuz she never does something like that. I of course was starting to fear the worst. There's a spot where people go to jump off to the train trail so I decided to go there just for precaution. It got real dark and to I went there by foot.

I was going through this dark alley. Some tall guy with his mother were walking and speaking. When I got close to them the guy, probably on drugs, turned around and told me: "Are you spying on us u son of a bitch I'll fuck your mother." Wat. He puts his arm around my neck and tries to choke me. His mother was supplying him to let me go. I struggle until he let me go and tried to run away. He came and started insulting again and punched me in my ill eye. I just wanted to run away but I don't know how I punched him in the face as hard as I could ,he fell down and had trouble getting up and I got away. It's weird since I never got in a fight in my life before. Now the mother is shouting and telling people to save her son. I finally made a run for it but that fucking guy got joined by some neighbour and started following me again. I ran as fast as I could til I got in a cab. Just weird shit lmao.

I finally got to the infamous and there was nothing. Made a few calls and just walked. I got real sick tho. I was just wandering for 2 hours or more. Then my mum called me. She said she was in a park. Went there as fast as I could since it got late and streets became dangerous. When I found her I was so relieved that I felt guilty about feeling angry before. Nothing else mattered. Gave her a hug, she told me she was sorry and we took a cab home. She was like a child who felt guilty for something. I started cracking some jokes and she got back to normal real quick. I cooked some diner, took a shower, prepared some verbena drinks. I slept for an hour or so and woke up soaked in sweat. My heart was racing and my whole body was aching. Didn't feel good at all so I opened my laptop and started typing this. What a day !

Sorry for the wall of text. I don't know how that happened lmao.

TL;DR : Had a bad day with a good ending. Came to vent.
TL;DR 2 : I should see a therapist.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hi ERA friends,
I travelled today to visit my business partner whom I didn't talk to for the last 2 months. We kept in touch via Whatsapp though but the not talking part was on me tbh. Gave him a call beforehand so I wouldn't travel for nothing. Multiple payments of the project we're working on came through and I needed to meet him and get my part and just get it over with before starting the treatment with a calm mind. So I took the train, got there, waited around 2 hours for him to finally come and there he was.

Let me first tell you that this guy has some uncommon beliefs. To make it quick he believes his soul is extraterrestrial and he has been sent on earth to save it from incoming doom etc. He has been constructing a house in the wilderness to retire there and increase his spirituality stats so he can understand the universe better. When we were travelling around he made me listen to hours and hours of audio files and weird youtube videos which just accelerated my slumber. He's also obsessed with the number 333 and always tells me that he sees it everywhere so it means he is chosen and that he is on the right path.

So, we talk for a while and I tell him very nicely that I hate to bring this up but can we discuss how he will he transfer the money to me. Can I accompany him to the bank or will he wire them to me, you know that kind of thing. Then he got really suprised and told me that Im putting him in a tough spot. He said since I didn't talk to him on the phone lately, he assumed that I had another gig, wasn't eager to get the money asap and that I was well off. So he invested all the money from our project into his wilderness house. I told him I was just busy with family stuff and that on the meanwhile I was working on improving and responding to our clients semi daily. Anyway, he got real upset and offered no solution.

I had no other choice but to tell him that my cancer is back and that it can't wait, I told him to find a solution. And then he said to me some of the worst bullshit I've ever heard and I've heard a lot: "Sometimes the universe keeps sending you what we call synchronisities, signs that you need to change your life and find the right path. If you keep ignoring them, the universe will give you a calamity like this to wake you up. So it's your fault for not understanding sooner. Maybe you don't have the necessary intellect or a low spiritual presence". I was fuming. Kept quiet for a while. He added "you shouldn't do whathever the world tells you to do. Like chemotherapy, I didn't wanna tell you but you should consider other solutions." I was disgusted but didn't know what to say. He has the age of my father, but I got very upset so I told him that what he is saying is very ignorant, that he is not special and that I know what I'm doing. I controlled myself a lot because you know how when nice people get angry they really lose it. So I kept calm and pressured him into finding me a solution asap. He had nothing to say other than he's trying to sell his 5xykm² villa but there was no buyer. Told me to help find him a buyer so he can reimburse me. Lmao we doing fetch quests now or what. I was really torn and angry. I know he won't scam me cuz we are just getting started and there's much more money to be made and he doesn't do anything I do 90% of the work and can stop whenever I want and his reputation and income will get hit. It's also a huge opportunity for me in the way that I can make a solid portfolio and be set for years to come hopefully. I had enough of him and just left.

I was supposed to meet the only friend I have that didn't leave the country (yet), but he got stuck at work. So I went to the beach and just reflected for a while. I went to the train station afterwards and took the train back home. My right eye got very painful and swollen the last three days or so. Don't know why but it's a little annoying. Haven't shaved for like 2 weeks too and I was weaing a cap so I had a little punished Talal style going on. Very hot day FWIW. I got very tired.

When I finally got home, my father told me that my mother had another one of her episodes. Started beating herself and got out without telling him where she was going. We tried calling her to no avail, and she's the kind to always answer me. I called non stop for like an hour. Then we started calling her family one by one. She has no friends so we didn't call any but I got really worried. So I waited for a while then went to the hospital to see if she was there. At nightfall I was at the police station. No trace of her anywhere. Now everyone's getting worried cuz she never does something like that. I of course was starting to fear the worst. There's a spot where people go to jump off to the train trail so I decided to go there just for precaution. It got real dark and to I went there by foot.

I was going through this dark alley. Some tall guy with his mother were walking and speaking. When I got close to them the guy, probably on drugs, turned around and told me: "Are you spying on us u son of a bitch I'll fuck your mother." Wat. He puts his arm around my neck and tries to choke me. His mother was supplying him to let me go. I struggle until he let me go and tried to run away. He came and started insulting again and punched me in my ill eye. I just wanted to run away but I don't know how I punched him in the face as hard as I could ,he fell down and had trouble getting up and I got away. It's weird since I never got in a fight in my life before. Now the mother is shouting and telling people to save her son. I finally made a run for it but that fucking guy got joined by some neighbour and started following me again. I ran as fast as I could til I got in a cab. Just weird shit lmao.

I finally got to the infamous and there was nothing. Made a few calls and just walked. I got real sick tho. I was just wandering for 2 hours or more. Then my mum called me. She said she was in a park. Went there as fast as I could since it got late and streets became dangerous. When I found her I was so relieved that I felt guilty about feeling angry before. Nothing else mattered. Gave her a hug, she told me she was sorry and we took a cab home. She was like a child who felt guilty for something. I started cracking some jokes and she got back to normal real quick. I cooked some diner, took a shower, prepared some verbena drinks. I slept for an hour or so and woke up soaked in sweat. My heart was racing and my whole body was aching. Didn't feel good at all so I opened my laptop and started typing this. What a day !

Sorry for the wall of text. I don't know how that happened lmao.

TL;DR : Had a bad day with a good ending. Came to vent.
TL;DR 2 : I should see a therapist.
Dude sorry to hear that day was crummy, atleast your mom is okay. Somedays are worse then others. But I'm glad you always write in here because everytime I see your post you're always positive and gives me hope for my sitaution I'm going through right now.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit man, I'm so sorry you had to go through that with both of those guys and glad your found your mother safe and got her back home.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck those are shitty ass people you had to deal with.

I would cut the crazy business 'partner' ASAP.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
What a shitty day man, I don't really know the details about why you're with this business partner but he sounds like a nut job and when you're able to you should cut ties. That sky two cents anyway.

Glad you found your mother, that would have scared the shit out of me.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
I swear I thought I replied to your messages before. I have been dreaming nearly everyday of discussing stuff on ERA lmao.
Jesus that's terrible I hope you got that guys info so you can press charges for assault dude deserves it. Glad you found your mom also!
Thank you. No, I have no idea about that guy. Been hearing some terrible stories about self defense cases in here where things can turn against you very quickly so I'll just let it slide.
Dude sorry to hear that day was crummy, atleast your mom is okay. Somedays are worse then others. But I'm glad you always write in here because everytime I see your post you're always positive and gives me hope for my sitaution I'm going through right now.
Hey, thanks a lot man. Yeah just one of those days. Stuff like this gives me hope and joy, always a pleasure to read. Trust me, talking here helps me greatly. Good luck with your stuff too.

What the fuck those are shitty ass people you had to deal with.

I would cut the crazy business 'partner' ASAP.
What a shitty day man, I don't really know the details about why you're with this business partner but he sounds like a nut job and when you're able to you should cut ties. That sky two cents anyway.

Glad you found your mother, that would have scared the shit out of me.
Many thanks for your replies. Yeah that guy turned out to be a nightmare to deal with, I can see where your concern is coming from. In fact I've cut many toxic relationships the last year or so. Unfortunately I just can't afford to cut ties with him rn especially with my current situation. Medical expenses are too high (on the bright side I'm going to probably the best hospital in the country) and it will be hard to find a job that pays like this. Hopefully I can get in remission again, save some money and start my own business. I see him rarely but I gotta say he put me in a very delicate situation right now. I hope he can sell his house soon.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, been a while since I last posted an update.
I got a call from my doctor today telling me I'm in complete remission again ! I'm so relieved and ecstatic so thought I ought to tell you my friends. Last time I posted I was in a pretty bad place but I powered through it and things are a little better now. I still have to do one more round of chemo as a precaution tho and will have the transplant early next year.

I also found a startup that recruits people without caring about their level of education. I interviewed for a senior web developer position and got accepted for an initial test month. So I need to do my best and get a long term contract because it comes with health insurance. Everyone who followed my battle knows this has been the bane of my existence, therefore this might sort 90% of my problems if I ever succeed. I'll start next week so wish me luck !

Every time things get desperate or when I get depressed, I remember you guys' amazing support through these last 2 years and it helps heal my wounds. Thank you ERA, I wouldn't be here without you.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a call from my doctor today telling me I'm in complete remission again ! I'm so relieved and ecstatic so thought I ought to tell you my friends. Last time I posted I was in a pretty bad place but I powered through it and things are a little better now. I still have to do one more round of chemo as a precaution tho and will have the transplant early next year.

I also found a startup that recruits people without caring about their level of education. I interviewed for a senior web developer position and got accepted for an initial test month. So I need to do my best and get a long term contract because it comes with health insurance. Everyone who followed my battle knows this has been the bane of my existence, therefore this might sort 90% of my problems if I ever succeed. I'll start next week so wish me luck !

Every time things get desperate or when I get depressed, I remember you guys' amazing support through these last 2 years and it helps heal my wounds. Thank you ERA, I wouldn't be here without you.
I never posted in this thread, only lurked, but I've always been rooting for you. Good for you, man. You're fucking doing it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

So fucking happy for you, man. Glad to hear things are still on the up and up. Bless up.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Talal for Smash! Beating cancer ain't a small feat!

In all seriousness, very glad for you man. Stay healthy! :D

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017

Yes! Nice work!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Congratulations! That's such amazing news, really happy for you.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Awesome news, thanks for the update! Hoping for good news w/ the job.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Congrats buddy! I'm so happy to hear this! Thank you so much for continuing to be here

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018

Amazing news!

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017

Congrats Talal, this is amazing news to read.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, Talal. Congratulations again, I'm emotional just reading this last update. For two years now your story has been so inspirational every time it comes back up. Your strength is always inspirational, and your circumstances put things in perspective. Seeing that you've pushed cancer into remission a second time dwarfs whatever day to day inconveniences i'm dealing with and makes me realize they're nothing.

So happy for you man. Thanks for always continuing the updates... especially ones like today!

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Amazing to hear! Really happy for you

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
oww, yess !
Good job fighting it off, Talal, you're a beast !
With your spirit, I'm sure you'll ace that job, make sure you get comfortable with the people there as well, a job is half soft skills half technical !

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Talal, I tell my parents, especially my mother, about you. Been telling them about you since you first posts about all this, but especially in the last few weeks. You honestly give me hope going forward. We're in rough spot right now regarding mom, I'll be sure to remind her of your inspiration here later today. Thank you so much for the updates.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Congrats, man. I've checked in on occasion, but I wish I was more involved in your thread. You definitely live up to your "Unbreakable" title. I'm happy for you, truly.