• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Read about your story yesterday and now see a donation page. Donated, good luck, can't imagine what you're going through.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I saw that thread in your post history where you asked for help with crowd funding that had absolutey no replies, and to see you at nearly $8k is pretty crazy. I'm sure this brings you some comfort in a very difficult space.

Even if it doesn't work out, I hope this makes you feel less like a burden and more like a person who mattered to some as you've touched many with your story.

Good luck and peace be with you no matter what!
This here just got me. I looked up the thread and it brought tears to my eyes. We really failed him there, somehow that thread slipped under the radar. Feels bad. ;(

Just contributed. It took me two attempts for it to work. So if anyone gets an error when paying with paypal, just keep trying!

Stay strong and keep fighting, Talal!

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sucks hard. Hope you can somehow manage to make the best out of the last weeks. Don't continue to regret the stuff you do and didn't do.

This is literally a life changing moment, so maybe something good can come alongside with it and change the rest of your life for better. And no that does not necessarily have to be just 8 weeks in any way.

Oct 27, 2017
I just tried to donate but it wouldn't let me. I tried paying by Visa through their paypal interface but it said my payment couldn't be completed. :\

I don't have a paypal account, but it said it should have worked.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
You will liiiiiive

992da8e0c60e6617b77aa31e966fdf97.gif

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
Talal, I hope this is the right place to say this. But have you looked at other countries for your treatment? The service and peofessionals are just as good as any provder in US, but sometimes half the cost. It's an industry. For example, Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad (India) is world class and high tech. It also has an Arabic Pavillion, an entire wing of the hospital just dedicated to serving people from Arab countries. They have staff speaking in Arabic and have translators as well. Your english is terrific, but I wanted to stress that there are hospitals that can treat you for lot less. There's also the Health City in Abu Dhabi (but I hear its slightly more expensive).

Whatever you decide, I hope you get the best treatment and get back to being full. We need you in future Kojima threads.

Worth considering for sure. I wonder how the math works out for things like cancer treatments that require long term treatment, rather than a one time thing.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having issues logging into PayPal to submit my donation. I'll keep trying over the next few days.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So sorry to hear about this Talal. Pretty shitty situation. Have you told your family about this yet, how are they doing?
And pssh at the 40%, Doctors never know what they're talking about. Better odds than Vegas though.

This morning I got the conformation that Bristol-Myers Squibb pharmaceutical is going to donate my chemo for free after insurance denied it a week ago. Maybe something similar could be an option for you. If you can get the company to donate the drugs and only have to pay the hospital fees. Something to think about.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to chip in a little. You're part of the family here, and you getting a chance to live means something to all of us.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know as much as some but, at least for pembrolizumab, it's one of the cards up my sleeve for my own treatment (refractory classical Hodgkin's lymphoma), so, I did a lot of reading.
My cousin died from Hodgkin's when he was 33ish, or so. I don't know if it was that type, it was back in the early 90s before we know a lot of what we know now. Hope it works out for you.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
This here just got me. I looked up the thread and it brought tears to my eyes. We really failed him there, somehow that thread slipped under the radar. Feels bad. ;(

Just contributed. It took me two attempts for it to work. So if anyone gets an error when paying with paypal, just keep trying!

Oh wow, we did fail him. I never noticed that thread. I'm so sorry, Talal.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
What is wrong with PayPal?? I keep getting this message on the screen.

"We can't process your payment right now, so please try again later. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

Blazed

Oct 26, 2017
I donated a bit. I really wish you the very best. There are no words that I feel like would truly make you feel better, but I truly hope that you fight and win this.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, feels horrible. Could have given him an extra month at least to fight it.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
donated. i hope op gets well. im a pathologyst so i know how hard can be to beat diffuse large b cell lymphoma.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Worth considering for sure. I wonder how the math works out for things like cancer treatments that require long term treatment, rather than a one time thing.
My father in law has US insurance, but he travels to India for his cancer treatment. He said he's surprised why other people dont do it. My father did not have US insurance but he travelled to India foe treatment as well.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I was really hoping we would get a third of the way there today but god damn we are going to fly right past it, aren't we. Lots of good hearts here pulling for ya, Talal

Machado

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 26, 2017
I 'd love to see this thread stickified.
Hope My countribution helps Talal.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Paypal continues to refuse to work for me (claims it can't process my payment). Sorry, Talal. I'll keep trying. :(

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Thread should definitely be stickied. Heart breaking situation but a heart warming response from the kind members here.

I'll be donating soon dude, wish you all the best!

Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess the admins don't want this stickied because the site doesn't want to give an outright endorsement in case all the funds are pilfered somehow. It's unfortunate, but it's better to be community driven probably.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess the admins don't want this stickied because the site doesn't want to give an outright endorsement in case all the funds are pilfered somehow. It's unfortunate, but it's better to be community driven probably.
That makes sense. All the more reason to keep it bumped. A lot of people ignore and gloss over stickied threads also.

For PayPal issues, are you guys logging into your accounts or just putting in info manually?