• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Personally I would fight for that 40%

Even if you have given up talk to your closest friends and family members. I remember your avatar but we don't have that connection loved ones would.

Write a will if you haven't already.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
OP please let me know if a donation can help. Whether it is for treatment or because you want to pick something up you want, like a game, etc. Hit us up.

I can't begin to imagine, man.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Don't give up OP. Please set a crowd funding thing, I will contribute. And please do not spend too much time online but spend time with real people, friends and family.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, OP. No words.

Hope you stay firm and next year we butt heads in a thread announcing that Togashi will publish a single new HxH chapter.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Since OP can't draw funds directly from a GoFundMe could someone set one up for him then convert whatever proceeds come from it to bitcoin to send to him? Seems to me that wouldn't be too terribly difficult. I would offer to do it myself but I have 0 experience with bitcoin or any donation platforms so I wouldn't want to risk messing something up. I will gladly donate a bit to one of someone does set one up though.

OP how long do you have to start treatment? Not sure what sort of timelines GoFundMe and other donation platforms have for the cash out structure.

Patrick S.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading that there's some kind of loaning that mosques do because in Islam it's frowned upon to get loans from the bank? Have you looked into that?

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
For those telling me to setup a gofundme page, thank you for reaching out. I'll try to come up with something even only for the sake of my parents (I'm an only stuff and my death would destroy them even more).
Solutions I could think of real quick:
-Someone in the US sets up a gofundme page then sends me the stuff through western union or something.
-I share a bitcoin address for those willing to contribute then sell it on localbitcoins.
-See other solutions with my bank tomorrow.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god you guys !! Ironically this is the happiest I've felt in a very long time. I feel the wille zu leben kicking in real hard. I just cried listening to Cowboy Bebop's Call me call me while reading your replies.
I can't thank you guys enough. Will do my best.

I've often thought about my own mortality, and one silver lining I've always thought about learning when my time will end that I've read from terminal patients is a wave of relief regarding political or financial issues they no longer have to worry about. I don't know your political leanings, but for example the stuff around the world has made me really scared for the future, that I think I could almost find a release knowing that I don't have to worry. Things like melting of the ice caps or global hunger. Do you have a boss that upsets you daily? Find peace knowing you don't have to deal with him anymore.

I read an account from a suicidal person who said that, once they made the decision to end their life, their last day was the happiest they'd been in years, unburdened by the weight thousands of every day annoyances.

This is not to say that you should give up hope or stop fighting, mind you. Just that you can finally stop thinking about all the other terrible parts of life for even a moment to concentrate on the stuff that makes you happy.

I hope you find peace in the upcoming weeks, I'll be really pulling for you, no matter how you tackle this.

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People saying "have the best 8 weeks of your life" aren't really considering what it's like to be sick to that point. It's not easy to enjoy yourself in that state.

That being said I hope they are meaningful for you OP, though obviously I'd rather you find some way to pull through and get some treatment.

You've got me there. I really have no idea what OP is going through. Can't even imagine it.

I just hope OP can spend whatever time he has left to the fullest. And fight for treatment regardless of what the doctors say!

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Talal, you're going to make it. Okay?

We'll fucking play FFVII:R together!

We'll destroy Shinra TOGETHER

We'll meet Aeris TOGETHER

We'll demolish Sephiroth TOGETHER

The Reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whathever it brings....FOR THEY ARE COMING BACK !!
(best trailer of all time imo, literraly cried that night)

sourbeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
aww here
I genuinely hope your remaining time is mostly enjoyable. That's a helluvah bomb shell to burden, especially this time of year.

Never been in that situation but I'd reach out to somebody. Anyone you trust. Don't just... go and leave things.

Whatever the prognosis, good things can happen.

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way we could organize into teams to help OP suss out potential paths to take (either to get treatment paid for and/or get access to bucket list activities)? I know I would feel terribly overwhelmed at all the options and not know whether it was worth spending my time trying to chase down every suggestion here.

And are there any other Moroccan Era members who can help him out by chasing down valid/reliable ways to get funding to OP and who can help in calling treatment centers to see if they will accept alternative payment arrangements?

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading that there's some kind of loaning that mosques do because in Islam it's frowned upon to get loans from the bank? Have you looked into that?
There are some islamic banks who opened up recently. But as with other banks there's no way to get a loan if you're unemployed and don't have any collateral. Thank you for the suggestion tho.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My deepest sympathies. How much do you need for your treatment? Could it be possible to do a gofundme?

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The Reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whathever it brings....FOR THEY ARE COMING BACK !!
(best trailer of all time imo, literraly cried that night)
Made me cry, shake and had to take a break from the internet for a week. Legit made me the happiest person on the planet

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
You go take that 40% chance in any human way possible, open up a way to donate (im sure many will help) get yourself in debt whatever, atleast you'll have the years to pay them off.

Fuck man, you can still drive that muscle car.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
There are some islamic banks who opened up recently. But as with other banks there's no way to get a loan if you're unemployed and don't have any collateral. Thank you for the suggestion tho.

Is there someone you trust that lives in one of the country where GoFundMe or kickstarter is available? He could set one on your behalf and wire you the money.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have steam? I suddenly want to gift you FFVII right now, even if it's the original version.
Hey Krejlooc thank you for the suggestion. Sold my pc and phone some months ago. But I have a PS1 and PS2 and I play a lot of JRPGs on them.(just replayed ff7 the other day).Thank you so much anyway.
I also want to thank Lil Peanut Brotha who sent me a 3DS and a bunch of games some weeks ago.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm at work on my break and haven't yet read through the whole thread, so I'm sure it's already been said, but, I hope you go out there and do as much as you always wanted to do. Live it up. Keep your head up and don't let yourself get too down. Surround yourself in the positive.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Sorry to hear that, Talal. I admire your resilience and composure. Sometimes acceptance is more worthwhile than hope. Definitely set up a crowdfund though, I think a lot of us would love to help however we can if you're willing.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God damn this is fucking heart breaking. I wish you the best with the remaining time you have OP.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Couldn't someone trustworthy and reliable that's American set up a donation page to send the money to Talal?

I'm up to to give a good donation for sure.

Beze One

Oct 28, 2017
OK, your opening post is a powerful thing. I wish you do come across a way to that make that money. Any chance is better than no chance.

Otherwise, all I can say is Carpe Diem. Enjoy every minute you can.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Krejlooc thank you for the suggestion. Sold my pc and phone some months ago. But I have a PS1 and PS2 and I play a lot of JRPGs on them.(just replayed ff7 the other day).Thank you so much anyway.
I also want to thank Lil Peanut Brotha who sent me a 3DS and a bunch of games some weeks ago.

If there is another you'd like to play, please shoot me a PM. I'd just like to try and cheer you up a bit.

Venturer

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really sorry to hear that man, I hope you decide to give a funding page a go. One alternative I've just found is Generosity by Indiegogo it's a free platform for social fundraising and it looks like they can support countries outside the USA.

https://www.generosity.com

"Generosity is a global platform with fundraisers running in over 200 countries and regions. "

Last edited:

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Cancer is such a fucking awful thing in this world, and I am so sorry that it has hit you like it has many people I know too.

I'm always at a loss for words, so if you set up a GoFundMe page or whatever, I'll contribute to show you how much I care (whatever I can afford).

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I'm so sorry, friend. A 40% chance when you're young would be such a cruel thing to have to pass on. Please try anything if you can...

This is going to sound naive because I don't know anything about it, but is there really no fucking way to get yourself to another country ASAP, like Spain? Fuck.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
BTC might be too volatile, but I'm no expert on that.
Setting up the funding is good, I'm sure we can reach the goal.
Please do get in contact with the treatment providers to be prepared to know how to transfer the amount to pay for the treatment. Every day counts!

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
very sorry to hear this :( Please tell your family and loved once. We are here for you too.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Oncea gofundme page is setup, we should try and make this go viral. Surely some folks here can help make this happen?

Or maybe even more extreme and that some sort of television network can pick this up and try to do something with his story.

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is really terrible to hear. Thank you for sharing this, Talal. We don't know each other, of course, but please do know that your story makes an impact upon others.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so, so sorry OP. I can't imagine what you're going through...

I'm almost your age, but you are far stronger than me. Don't give up! Fight this thing! 40% is a damn good number! I can share with you my closest experience - my mother had lung cancer, with 15% of odds in her favor. But the miracle happened, and 7 years later she is well and fine.

I'm praying for you, and if something gets set up I'll donate what I can. We're here for you! And fuck that damn cancer.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't someone trustworthy and reliable that's American set up a donation page to send the money to Talal?

I'm up to to give a good donation for sure.
It depends whether that person could handle any potential tax liability from
A) having money in their possession
B) transferring money to another country

It's not necessarily quite as easy as just making a page, but I'm not an expert in what those sites require for tax reporting etc.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm also up for someone trustworthy to set up a go fund me page, then wire the money to Talal. I'm not terribly trusting of people, though.

I refuse to let cancer take someone else if I can help it though, especially at 40%. I've never used gofundme or anything, but I'll gladly set up the account and work with Talal to get him the money. Never give up, Talal. There are good people still in this world who will help you if they can. There's no good reason for something like gofundme country restrictions to cost someone their life when there's a chance to save it.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck man......

get around to play FFXV + all dlc even if it disappoints you play it you waited 10 years. If possible ofcourse.

Damn dude :( this is so sad and unfair.

I wish you the very best damn my eyes are teary.

It's so fucking sad the treatment is not funded by your government since you have a life threathening disease. It's quite the sad cruel world we life in in those situations a 40% chance of survive is better than 0 so i don't see why that not gets funded it's sad how money driven this world is sadly.

Try gofundme or other fund raising sites or ways, it can save your life afterall.

Damn man......