• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 26, 2018
I just realized we'll now never get the scene of the Doctor regenerating into someone with red hair and going "FINALLY! YES!"
To hell with the rest of the Lore; Chibnall has taken this away and for this there shall never be forgiveness (/s, sort of)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of timelord cybermen is pretty cool. I don't like that the Doctor has basically been standing in one spot for the whole episode so far.

May 26, 2018
this is a parade of insanity

but if this is how the show dies, for some reason, I'm down for it

might as well go out dancing like a blind giraffe

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't the Cybermen just shoot the guy before he took the death particle.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Wait.. So the Doctor was afraid of committing genocide but of dying? Once she got someone to kill himself instead of her she just ran away and let it happen?

This is weird..

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
I honestly thought that was bad aside from, surprisingly, the infodump bits which I guess are a plotline in progress but are relatively inoffensive so far.

Just not very well written or exciting and sometimes silly in a bad way.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I quite enjoyed the episode, but the ending was such a bloody copout. She should've pushed the trigger...

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I made the right decision to tune out after the first episode (as mentioned earlier in this thread).

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long until the death of all the time lords gets retconned again.

Revolution of the Daleks feels like an episode title that already happened.

I quite enjoyed the episode, but the ending was such a bloody copout. She should've pushed the trigger...

That would never have happened. See The Parting of Ways, Day of the Doctor, The Poison Sky, etc.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
The lore stuff is not really offensive so far.. Just unnecessary and a bit eh.

The episode built around it though, is the blandest thing they could've done. Man that was bad.

Oct 25, 2017
idk, lore stuff basically played out as the leaks said. Probably been worse if it hadn't been known about all season, and ended up being pretty pointless.

They're never going to mention any of that ever again.

Christmas had better drop some of the companions...

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
The hybrid design definitely had whiffs of, like, 80s Who about it, where it all just got extra camp and silly. And I love it for that, but also it leans into this whole narrative of RTD's era being the neo 4th Doctor era and Moffat's era being neo 5th Doctor era and this being... well, yes, being 6 and 7.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Man that was pretty rough, and I say that as someone that generally prefers Chibnall Who to Moffat.

Still kinda dumbfounded that this series could've played around with really cool ideas regarding multiverse theory with Jack returning and the old Cybus cybermen costumes being around post Season 5's reset, but man... nothing.

Some contrived lore about Time Lords that didn't even really pay off that much, Gallifrey's destruction never really explained, the season's secondary antagonist just thrown away at the eleventh hour... all for a climax where the Doctor chickens out of saving the universe and let's some patsy take her place, before badly cribbing the end of the second season of Rick and Morty.

Yikes.

At least we got some cool episodes along the way?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I need to reflect on that episode. It has interesting ideas but it felt rushed, like every episode this era. And there were scenes that could have been cut/shortened to flesh out other stuff. We didn't need the Masters stuff with the lone cyberman to be so long whenever he was gloating to himself about whatever.

I don't think Jodie should have pulled the trigger but this resolution was worse than that. The guy being linked to the cyberium came out of nowhere and ruined all tension built up to that point because we don't care about that guy.

The timeless child stuff was inoffensive. The leaks made it sound worse than it was, as usual with that kind of stuff, though the official resolution being "Let's just forget about that" raises the question of why bother in the first place. I stuck with this season unlike the last one so I guess I'll watch the Christmas special.

Cybermen Timelords are cool though. It's a dumb design and I love it.

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
They've just dropped deets on the special. Titled Revolution of the Daleks. Haven't decided yet when in the festive season it will be broadcast.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
That was shite, but at least the Daleks are back in the next episode!.. whenever that is.
Probably a Britbox exclusive once the cancellation is announced.

Oct 25, 2017
The Master kills all the Timelords outright, but somehow once their converted to the new race of Cyber/Lord, they can now suddenly regenerate again? What?
The episode is called The Timeless Children yet The Master tells The Doctor she is the Timeless Child, meaning just one person. What?

The show is trying to tell me that no one, not one single person at all on Gallifrey was able to stop The Master during his killing of all of them? What?

Honestly, I find a lot of that episode hard to believe, and thats not even going into the changes to The Doctors history.

I dont know how I feel about the episode yet, but the whole "Everything changes from tonights episode" was massively, massively blown up.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this new info retcon River's entire existence?

IIRC she's part timelordish due to conception on the TARDIS, yeah? But why would that give her the Doctor's regeneration ability?

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Man that was pretty rough, and I say that as someone that generally prefers Chibnall Who to Moffat.

Still kinda dumbfounded that this series could've played around with really cool ideas regarding multiverse theory with Jack returning and the old Cybus cybermen costumes being around post Season 5's reset, but man... nothing.

The Cybus designs were back the very next year? They're in series 6 after the Pandorica stuff. Then they're gone, admittedly, in Nightmare in Silver, but then they're back (alongside every other variation) in series 12. The lore with Cybermen is that the Cybus alt-universe Cybermen went out into the universe after the events of 'The Next Doctor' and eventually met with, joined with and mingled with the Mondasian one. The 'Nightmare in Silver' Cybermen are meant to be a 'new race' formed by the two uniting.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this new info retcon River's entire existence?

IIRC she's part timelordish due to conception on the TARDIS, yeah? But why would that give her the Doctor's regeneration ability?
Tbf that never made much sense in the first place. Best just to go "Ah, Moffat bullshit" and forget it like so many of his other nonsense twists.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Also they totally set stuff up with the companions leaving and then nothing. Guess they're saving that for the special.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Tbf that never made much sense in the first place. Best just to go "Ah, Moffat bullshit" and forget it like so many of his other nonsense twists.

True but it also retcons 11 needing new regenerations, and turn left.

This seems like a very messy addition to the lore that he didn't think through properly.