• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So what is most likely going to be recommended viewing prior to watching this? WandaVision, Loki, What If, and No Way Home? What about Shang-Chi and Eternals? Trying to figure out what I should prioritize in the next week.
Just WandaVision really. NWH, Loki, and What If may offer some added color but WV is the only one I think where the story is picked up in this one.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
jiazp5ejvkr71.jpg

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Just WandaVision really. NWH, Loki, and What If may offer some added color but WV is the only one I think where the story is picked up in this one.
What If? Seems more important than that, but given that episodes are stand alone, you can get by with stand alone episodes. That said, I don't know if anyone necessarily has to watch them before hand to understand. It's something people can come back to after the film to catch up on.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
What If? Seems more important than that, but given that episodes are stand alone, you can get by with stand alone episodes. That said, I don't know if anyone necessarily has to watch them before hand to understand. It's something people can come back to after the film to catch up on.
I know that Captain Carter is in this movie but I feel like her appearance will be pretty self explanatory. Don't think you would necessarily need to see What If to understand the premise of "alternate Peggy Carter who became Cap."

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

What if is not a complex tv show. They don't go too far in their what if scenario that any reference except maybe to the very last episode need any explanation

Oct 26, 2017
For real, Raimi is my legit reason to be excited for this. I hope he shines through in more than just superficial ways. His framing, his sense of physicality, his earnestness towards the material.

That's my hope as well. I read a post on here about how Marvel should hire Daniels to helm Fantastic 4 and I was like… ehhhhhh sounds great on paper but It'd break my heart if their incredible vision/style were somehow diluted in order to fit into the Marvel template.

As an Asian dude, EEAAO is probably the most relatable film I've ever seen about the Asian American experience and is one of my all time favorite experiences at the movies. (the crowd I was with was totally into it) I seriously can't wait for it to be available to purchase!

Back to Raimi tho, I'm very excited to see how Dr. Strange turns out as Spidey 2 is still one of my all time favorite superhero flicks. People like to dump on Raimi's trilogy cause they think its earnest sentimentality is corny or whatever but fuck dude, if people think it's lame to wear your heart on your sleeve, whatever, shit, give me all the schmaltz Raimi

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
2 weeks for me, couldn't get a decent seat for me and my friends on release date so we are just gonna wait a week and use the 2x1 promotion. Remaning spoiler free is gonna be really hard.

Has there been any cast interviews for this movie? by this time usually my Youtube feed would be full of that stuff but I haven't seen anything pop up.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I know that Captain Carter is in this movie but I feel like her appearance will be pretty self explanatory. Don't think you would necessarily need to see What If to understand the premise of "alternate Peggy Carter who became Cap."
Yeah, people can get the premise of Captain Carter, but I could at least see there being enough there that would cause people to want to learn more and what her episodes after the fact at least.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
deadline.com

‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’ Unlikely To Get China Release Following Online Backlash

Hopes that Marvel's Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness would break the curse in China may now be dashed

This movie is getting banned in china because the promoted a legit batshit paper? The epoch times is literally just like Chinese propaganda to it's ironic they banned it

Isn't China also super strict about shit like zombies and skeletons, something the movie definitely seems to have?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
100000000%. It makes for a good incentive to convince people to go back and give What If a shot if they want more Carter though

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
deadline.com

‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’ Unlikely To Get China Release Following Online Backlash

Hopes that Marvel's Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness would break the curse in China may now be dashed

This movie is getting banned in china because the promoted a legit batshit paper? The epoch times is literally just like Chinese propaganda to it's ironic they banned it

The Epoch Times is affiliated with the Falun Gong, a batshit crazy cult that is also distinctly anti-Communist and anti-CCP. So no, there is a twisted logic to it, though there's also no way in hell that was intentional. Especially if it's on location, feel like every New York city has at least one window covered in Shen Yun posters every five blocks or so, lmao.

That said they likely would've found an excuse to ban it anyway - if not for that then likely for the same reasons Saudi Arabia banned it. Which just opens this broader conversation of China rapidly becoming an irrelevant market for the MCU and how they should respond to that.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't China also super strict about shit like zombies and skeletons, something the movie definitely seems to have?
As poster above the people behind that paper are super anti ccp. They run regular stories about organ trafficking and blame the ccp (not sure it's true or not because they're as secretive as the party. (And aren't the hq'ed in america or something?)

They also have a swastika as their logo

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Seeing it on the 5th and on IMAX. Been a while since I watched a movie on IMAX because the malls here who licensed it ended pre-pandemic and they just renewed it starting with Dr Strange 2.

Apr 19, 2018
The track list for the Multiverse of Madness soundtrack has been revealed:

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Soundtrack Album Details | Film Music Reporter

Hollywood Records & Marvel Music will release the official soundtrack album for Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The album featu

I'm actually kind of excited to see what Danny Elfman has been cooking.

Ditto. Should be interesting to see if Elfman adapts any of Giacchino's themes, or if he'll go completely original.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there is a strong tie-in to Loki/Sylvie.

Dr. Strange isn't the only one who fucked around with the multiverse...

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question but why not make it the 6th since it will release there in US? I'd say a good portion of the users in here come from the US (I do not) .

Not really critisism but I found it odd to not take the "latest" date from the 3 you put in OP.

arguably the 7th as those in the US that are going evening time PST on the 6th won't want to be spoiled.

Basically though just stay out unti you've seen it if you don't want to be spoiled I guess

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
The track list for the Multiverse of Madness soundtrack has been revealed:

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Soundtrack Album Details | Film Music Reporter

Hollywood Records & Marvel Music will release the official soundtrack album for Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The album featu

I'm actually kind of excited to see what Danny Elfman has been cooking.
Kinda wish I hadnt. Feels like near the end you can figure out someone's fate.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man I've been trying to get tickets for Friday for a couple of days now and shit won't accept my card. I wonder if the chain I always go to has blocked online ticket pre sales for this one. I was able to buy tickets for The Northman yesterday no issues.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Starting a new job next week on Monday, and also MoM on the same week.
This week is gonna be intense for me.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Do y'all think Prof X will point out that he knows/recognize Wanda as a mutant in his own universe?
Seems like a no brainer right?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hoping for the best but the rumors about the plot worry me.

I still have tickets for day 1 tho, Mahvel got me hook line and sinker, no matter what happens I'm sure the movie will be at least decent.

I hope we go full... Strange

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The title seems weird for something that doesn't exist lol.
Maybe something like |OT| Strange things

Do y'all think Prof X will point out that he knows/recognize Wanda as a mutant in his own universe?
Seems like a no brainer right?

Doubt it, Strange is the one being arrested so I doubt there will be much casual discussion about Wanda.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
IDK maybe its me, but I really don't think the general public understands how nuts this movie is gonna be or at least the potential it has to be, especially for the MCU going forward.
I guess its hard to explain, but I really think this movie is gonna be a word of mouth movie because while there is hype clearly, I think the hype should be much bigger than this right now, and will probably reach its fully potential a few days after the movie releases.

All I know is I'm glad I got my ticket for Thursday because this is gonna be absolutely bonkers. I've been more hyped for this than I was with Spider-man

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question but as someone who finally watched Doctor Strange last night

Why did he lose all his humor immediately following his own movie? I was honestly surprised how funny he could be.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
After recently watching Everything Everywhere All at Once, this movie has its work cut out for it to live up to the multiverse of madness part of its title.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question but as someone who finally watched Doctor Strange last night

Why did he lose all his humor immediately following his own movie? I was honestly surprised how funny he could be.

His next appearance was in Thor Ragnarok where he spent the time trolling Thor/Loki. He's more lighthearted in No way home too. He's serious all the time in the two avengers films because of the level of risk to the world, and especially once he's aware that he's gonna banish half of existence to the shadow realm for five years.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
His next appearance was in Thor Ragnarok where he spent the time trolling Thor/Loki. He's more lighthearted in No way home too. He's serious all the time in the two avengers films because of the level of risk to the world, and especially once he's aware that he's gonna banish half of existence to the shadow realm for five years.
Damn I legitimately completely forgot about that scene