• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doctor Doom or Magneto

• Doctor Doom

Votes: 374 63.0%
  • Magneto

Votes: 220 37.0%

• Total voters

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doom was a better Doctor Strange than Doctor Strange, a better Tony Stark than Tony Stark and a better Reed Richards than Reed Richards, and a better dad to Valeria.
Cyclops was a better Magneto than Magneto.

Doom had Doombots. Magneto had Joseph.

Remember that time Magneto saved the multiverse by setting up a plan over decades, defying Beyonders and becoming a God? Yeah.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Both are great but the massive disservice movies have done to Doom are probably going to color a lot of people's perceptions. If and when the MCU gets to them, they're going to blow people's minds, both in and out of fiction. :)

I give Magneto the edge because I was more into mutants and Scarlet Witch / Vision during the 80s, but both are very well rounded characters with more depth than most comic book villains.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Doom once stole the Sliver Surfer's powers and resurrected dinosaurs

Oct 28, 2017
To be completely honest, my love for MF Doom has influenced my choice GREATLY!!! As a kid in the 80s/90s, I could give a damn about Doom but once the mid 2000s hit, well I sing a different tune.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's a DOOM respect thread? Aite. DOOM once waited a million years to get that clap back.

Oct 27, 2017
2016894-avengers_and_the_infinity_gauntlet_4.jpg
This is so hilariously silly that I am now compelled to change my vote to Doom (FWIW, in terms of what the poll is asking I'll say Doom but voted Mags because just find his character more interesting)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Doom's time machine can actually alter the time line, the only other things are cosmic artifacts

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Doctor Doom created Time Travel that actually goes back into the timeline instead of an alternate reality.

Dang it Slayven!
Doom's time machine can actually alter the time line, the only other things are cosmic artifacts

Fine...
Doctor Doom once conquered the future and ended corporate hold of the world.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Wait so is Dr. Doom akin to Galadriel with the One Ring?

"And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!"

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Doctor Doom created Time Travel that actually goes back into the timeline instead of an alternate reality.

Dang it Slayven!

Fine...
Doctor Doom once conquered the future and ended corporate hold of the world.

Remember when Doom used the Purple Man to conquer the world and did things like end Apartheid in South Africa? He also resisted the Purple Man's power through sheer willpower when it was being amplified. He only lost because he allowed it.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love both, but it's gotta be DOOM.

He's a megalomaniac, consumed by obsessive rivalry, and a super genius often only thwarted by his own hubris. One of my favorite villains ever.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, we need another versus game. Capcom is goat at portraying Marvel characters in video games, so much sauce.

Doom has a line in MvC3, something like "I'll make you wish you were facing Magneto". So Doom

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Doom because his endless melodrama cracks me up. All that man does is rant and brood but he's so good at both.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Doom is the most obnoxious, that's for sure. He's probably my least favorite comic book villain.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
It's doom here by quite a bit. Doom is VASTLY more intelligent than Magneto is, and has all the sorcerer stuff to back all of his tech- which includes time machines.

Victor wants Magneto dead he can strangle him to death in the crib and there's not much Erik can do about it.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I love both, but it's gotta be DOOM.

He's a megalomaniac, consumed by obsessive rivalry, and a super genius often only thwarted by his own hubris. One of my favorite villains ever.

You might enjoy the conclusion of the Doctor Doom miniseries Marvel just did.

Its the most Dr Doom ending to a storyline ever.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Doom has better support and is way easier, but Magneto has godlike neutral and is more swag.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Doom has so much crazy bullshit that I know of his feats by proxy despite not actually reading many of the comics, I'm gonna say it's Doom.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
This thread needs some more Magneto love. Any Magneto moments you like Slayven?

I mean, the whole Asteroid M thing is quite a flex from Magneto. Having his own space station filled with loyal mutant acolytes is top tier supervillain stuff.

But then you compare it to Doom, and compare it to when he conquered all Counter-Earth (another planet that is in Earth's orbit in the exact opposite side of the sun).

Like, Mags threatens earth from his own private asteroid, but Doom has an entire planet. Essentially sums the whole thing up.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
In Solarman's last issue, Dr. Doom defeats him and let's him go because why not. Written by Stan Lee so it's legit.

latest

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Magneto was Xorn but then he wasn't and they just never explained it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Magneto was Xorn but then he wasn't and they just never explained it.
They did explain it. The 16 million year old sentient bacteria in human form John Sublimr mind controlled one of the Xorn twins via Weapon Plus shit in order to use a known face to turn all of humanity against mutants since mutants were immune to getting possessed by said sentient bacteria.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Doom is too powerful and has too many feats to the point he is boring.

Prefer Magneto because he's more human.

The weight of his failures in AoA is one of the reasons it's my favorite arc.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I want Doom in the MCU sooooo bad.

Hulkbuster was previously my most wanted thing in MCU and it's been years since that was introduced.