• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doctor Doom or Magneto

• Doctor Doom

Votes: 374 63.0%
  • Magneto

Votes: 220 37.0%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So Doctor Doom and Magneto are two of Marvel's biggest villains and are complex characters in their own rights with both of them having moments that cements their status as big bads in the Marvel universe but also show their more humane and noble side as well. So between the two of them who do you find as the better villain/character

Doom:

latest

Magneto:

d1uzg71-b1b4ac8e-8dce-4b42-ad4b-369140bdae70.jpg

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Magneto, I like him just because at least he is closer down to earth than Doom.

Doctor Doom is a space god at this point right?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I generally like Dr. Doom more. He feels more versatile to me, being able to actually act as a villain, or as an ally if need be, all while being either intimidating or amusing in regards to how arrogant he can be. I think Magneto's character arc has made it so there's less to do with him, as he can't be really that villainous anymore without some type of Xorn like retcon. He'll be ruthless from time to time, but otherwise he's a bit dull.

cowtools

Jul 20, 2020
Canada
I mean Magneto has been the "anti-hero" revolutionary longer than the clear cut villain.

But the answer is Doom, the answer is always Doom.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Its Doom. He's the perfect villain.
I like Magneto more when he's working together with the X-Men.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Truthfully I don't know a whole lot about them other than what I've seen in movies and games, but Dr. Doom because he just looks so damn cool.

I think someone recently talked about a comic series where Doom took up the role as Iron Man for a bit (or did I make that up?), so I've actually been wanting to find and read that. I'm not really a comic book guy but that just sounds cool.

greekwolf

Oct 28, 2017
With enough prep time, Spider-Man could probably beat 'Magneto.

Spider-Man would have no chance against Dr. Doom even with a thousand years prep time. So, I'm going Doom.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Magneto, but I purely base this off the movies because I am not into comics.
And Dr. Doom didn't exactly have a good movie while Magneto had several and was portrait by fantastic actors.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Magneto, but I purely base this off the movies because I am not into comics.
And Dr. Doom didn't exactly have a good movie while Magneto had several and was portrait by fantastic actors.

I'm not deep into comics either but I still remember how weird it felt watching Fant4stic and realising that their Doom literally only existed for like half an hour.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Doom is the better villain, Magneto is the better character.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Magneto hasn't been a villain in over a decade.

And honestly longer, his back slides over the years always result in him stopping his villain. So since around 1985 he's only a villain for one story at a time and goes non villain after.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Magneto, I like him just because at least he is closer down to earth than Doom.

Doctor Doom is a space god at this point right?
That's just it, I'm sure I'd like Doctor Doom if they didn't push him so hard over the years. Magneto's a believable villain and an interesting character whatever side he winds up on. Doom just feels like some writer is stuffing all their dumb power fantasies into a single character... plus, on a much more minor note, I have yet to see a good live action depiction of Doom.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I've always loved Magneto since Ian McKellen played him in Xmen.
AOrm9Wi.gif

All I really know about Doom is that he got a sweet theme song

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Doom is more dangerous in-universe but Magneto is a far, far more interesting character.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Who is the more powerful of the two?

Magneto's upper limit has varied wildly, going so far as to allowing him complete control over the EM field. He's ok in a fight, but largely depends on how old the body he's in at the time (since he's been cloned and regenerated so many times, hard to say at the moment).

Doom's got a much more wild powerbase. His armor is around Iron man tier (depending on whether you ask Tony or Doom), he's a sorceror capable enough to vie for the title of Sorcerer Supreme, he knows an alien mind control technique, and he's a fairly decent hand to hand combatant.

So while Doom's got more going for him, I'd say Mags has the theoretical higher upper limit. All the "god Doom" talk is whenever Doom is jackin' someone else powers, like the Silver Surfer, the Beyonder, the Molecule Man, etc.

That said, Doom would probably find some way to steal Magneto's power and then beat him unconscious with his own helmet.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
The movies may have failed Doom but cartoons have done a great job

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Doom once needed clothes, so he killed a male lion barehanded

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I've always loved Magneto since Ian McKellen played him in Xmen.
AOrm9Wi.gif

All I really know about Doom is that he got a sweet theme song

Fassenbender is also really good as Magneto. Made me really appreciate him more:

The MVC3 remix of Doom's theme is GOAT:

Magneto is extremly powerful could destroy the world if he wanted too

But Doctor Doom has basically been a god and he looks down on the title because its beneath him.

Is he only saying that because he lost?

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Doom once fought 2 megladons barehanded, the thunderbolts almost jumped in....to help the megladons

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Doom once skinned his first girlfriend to make power armor, and got sent to hell....but still won because Reed had to humble himself in order to win

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Celestials only talk to two humans, Doom and Franklin Richards