• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Statement from Rivers

I personally thought he needed another season, but that was a bad loss.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
200.gif

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Khawhi chose the Clips specifically to play for Doc, I'm guessing Lue will take over. Clippers continue to be the laughing stock of SoCal, "streetlights over spotlights".... lmao.

Yeeeeeeeeeer

Oct 25, 2017
west coast
dude was monumental in bringing a winning culture to the clippers but the job grew too big to handle for his skillsets. he was too concerned about the locker room liking him but was too afraid to make tough calls when necessary. ballmer made the right call

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
He's been an underachiever since that boston championship, so no big loss there on the performance front.

Great guy though.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Doc Rivers isn't as good as people hype him up to be, but it doesn't matter what coach you put in there. Paul George is shit and will always be shit when it counts.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't think Doc is garbage. He took a team that traded away their best players to rebuild and gave them a respectable enough team to the point that it helped lure one of the premiere talents in the league. If you told me a few years ago that the Clippers would lose Chris Paul and betray Blake Griffin and yet still make the playoffs, become this young scrappy team, and have enough left over to get Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, I would've thought he did an amazing job.

The problem is that for whatever reason (probably giving too much leeway to his stars), his locker rooms are super chaotic. But he can definitely coach, I think last year reminded us of that.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Dude has been living off the Celtics title forever, I know players like him but not sure if he's a great coach. He should've stuck around for 1 more year though, it's been a weird season and PG and KL needed to gel more.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta win the big games. Good news is the market is good right now. Though the clippers are garbage chokers, Doc deserves another year.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
wzph6wau06o51.png

Clippers gonna clip. Pandemic P always gotta mess with the Rivers family.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I admire Doc for his voice off the court as it pertains to social issues, and I can see why he's liked around the league, but between the Kawhi led Clippers underachieving, and the Lob City Clippers underachieving, it was probably about time for him to go. Maybe another year with Kawhi and co. would've made a difference, but there weren't many big moves for the Clippers this offseason outside of this one.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
He was outcoached in the playoffs, simple as that. Wasn't flexible with adjustments when plan A wasn't working.

When you're a coach in the NBA you need to make sure you're never the weak link.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
He was outcoached in the playoffs, simple as that. Wasn't flexible with adjustments when plan A wasn't working.

When you're a coach in the NBA you need to make sure you're never the weak link.

Let's be honest, though, PG and Kawhi disappearing was more on them than Doc.

However, this is the third seemingly fractured locker room in Doc's tenure.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
RIP in peace. I hate that it had to be him man. Thats my guy, but that record is approaching legendarily bad.

In his defense, Kawhi and PG both scored 0 points in the 4th quarter of a close out game. Cut my Coach some slack yall, what the hell was that...

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Let's be honest, though, PG and Kawhi disappearing was more on them than Doc.

However, this is the third seemingly fractured locker room in Doc's tenure.
Clippers never seemed hungry enough. With Kawhi's load management. George's injuries. Pat Bev and Harrel missing games in the bubble. Lou Williams Magic City nonsense.