• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Here's your Bluepoint remake OP:

maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Yes it does because you're saying a company like bluepoint has the ability to remake ff7 better than what "disorganized" square is currently doing.

You haven't played ff7. How would you know?

They've said themselves in interviews that they don't know how long it will take or how many parts it will be. That's typically something you nail down before you embark on a massive undertaking.

Also look at their dev cycles on games like Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV, disorganized is a perfect word to use when referring to Square

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Square is one of the best developers in the world. Bluepoint has its place in the industry but no, I would not trust them with the scope, vision and execution I expect from this game, not in the slightest. Im glad Square ended up bringing the project internally

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
If I want FF7 with better graphics, I'll buy the Steam version and install some mods. So I'm fine with something as out there as what we got.

Oct 25, 2017
They've said themselves in interviews that they don't know how long it will take or how many parts it will be. That's typically something you nail down before you embark on a massive undertaking.

Also look at their dev cycles on games like Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV, disorganized is a perfect word to use when referring to Square

I'll tell you right now, I have zero interest in the amount of parts this takes.

To me, spending $60 every 3 years literally means nothing to me. People spend $60 for sports titles every year and nobody bats an eye.

What happens behind the scenes is really none of mine or your business. Did you pay for Kingdom Hearts 3 5 years ago when they announced it? Or did you pay when they released it?

At the end of the day, I want FF7 remake to be the best it can be. I don't want some rushed job. I don't want some cut content job. I don't want "well, its ff7 PS1 but we made the backgrounds better" job.

I want them to flesh this game out. I want them to touch every part of the original game and bring it up to the quality that ff7 remake looks to be.

Expecting them to do that at this quality and remake the entire game on 1 release is delusional.

At the end of the day, everyone has free will.
You don't like the $60 pricetag? Wait a year. Buy it for $30 or less.

You dont want to only play part 1?
Wait until all parts are released.

From everything I've seen and the demo I played, this game looks utterly fantastic and may be the best selling FF game to date. I trust square with this one. They won't nail everything I'm sure. There will be some problems here and there.
But they are doing this game justice in my book.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Whatever Bluepoint is working on, their resources are 100% better served on something other than FF.

Square has a design doc that they fleshed out in FFXV that they want to see applied to their future games. Let'em run with it. It'll either succeed or it won't. I don't think having a different crew replicate the FFXV formula in FF7R would get you different results than what we're seeing.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

that does not mean they're disorganised

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
You don't wait more than ten years for just a slightly better looking version of the game.

ESPECIALLY this game.

Square knows this and knows they have to go big.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
I'll tell you right now, I have zero interest in the amount of parts this takes.

To me, spending $60 every 3 years literally means nothing to me. People spend $60 for sports titles every year and nobody bats an eye.

What happens behind the scenes is really none of mine or your business. Did you pay for Kingdom Hearts 3 5 years ago when they announced it? Or did you pay when they released it?

At the end of the day, I want FF7 remake to be the best it can be. I don't want some rushed job. I don't want some cut content job. I don't want "well, its ff7 PS1 but we made the backgrounds better" job.

I want them to flesh this game out. I want them to touch every part of the original game and bring it up to the quality that ff7 remake looks to be.

Expecting them to do that at this quality and remake the entire game on 1 release is delusional.

At the end of the day, everyone has free will.
You don't like the $60 pricetag? Wait a year. Buy it for $30 or less.

You dont want to only play part 1?
Wait until all parts are released.

Some people don't want to pay potentially the price of a console for a single complete story, why you can't understand that is mind-boggling.

Also as a consumer it is my business what goes on behind the scenes when something like KH3 releases over a decade after its direct predecessor. It's something where now I have to consider whether I should bother getting invested in a story if they take an inordinately long time to do things?

I say all this as someone who actually has FF7R preordered, so don't make assumptions about my opinion of the game or my circumstances, please and thanks.

Frost1800

Dec 3, 2019
Well, if they were going to change the plot, they couldn't outsource it to anyone. I am glad they did it themselves and change the plot, which makes it more like a new game than a remake. I mean what's the point of playing a JRPG that has the same plot again after all.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Square knows its IP best?
Square want to treat it with the utmost reverence?
I don't know how anyone could think so after Advent Children and the whole Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.

Oct 25, 2017
Some people don't want to pay potentially the price of a console for a single complete story, why you can't understand that is mind-boggling.

Also as a consumer it is my business what goes on behind the scenes when something like KH3 releases over a decade after its direct predecessor. It's something where now I have to consider whether I should bother getting invested in a story if they take an inordinately long time to do things?

I say all this as someone who actually has FF7R preordered, so don't make assumptions about my opinion of the game or my circumstances, please and thanks.

Fun fact: Game prices decrease over time. Truly mind boggling.

Fun fact 2: Umm, you do know there were 3 games between KH2 and KH3 right? Each one important to Kingdom Hearts and one of them even starred Sora as the main protag. Just because it didn't have the number 3 at the end doesn't mean the series was completely dormant.

Ohh hey look!

1 year later!

Amazon.com

Kingdom Hearts 3.

$23.00

Even better, used price on Amazon.com

$14.00

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I wish they'd tap the monolith guys for the next one. But yeah, if they out source the right people, I think it would really speed things along. Unfortunately it wasn't the right choice last time (I think?).

Oct 25, 2017
This is their crown jewel game. I'd expect it to have the full might of their effort, resources and tight quality control. No way in hell it should be outsourced.

I don't care how long it takes and how many delays it goes through, so long as it's done right.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
It's funny how much irration
Fun fact: Game prices decrease over time.

Fun fact 2: Umm, you do know there were 3 games between KH2 and KH3 right? Each one important to Kingdom Hearts and one of them even starred Sora as the main protag. Just because it didn't have the number 3 at the end doesn't mean the series was completely dormant.

Re-read what I said. I never said the series was completely dormant. I said it came out over a decade after it's direct predecessor (you know, the story that I actually care about). Filler spinoffs and prequels with a new cast are not equivalent to the direct, full sequel that we waiting for since the PS2 era

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Hardly, Bluepoint are amazing at what they do, but remake/reimagining isn't one of them.

Do you honestly think they could do the Remake in the veign of this current work?

You're saying remaking things is not part of Bluepoint's skill set? LMAO. Yeah, I can't even continue this conversation with you, that premise is just not in good faith at all

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

Out of curiosity, do you think God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk, or any other number of games aren't worth $60 because their stories will continue in a sequel?

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're saying remaking things is not part of Bluepoint's skill set? LMAO. Yeah, I can't even continue this conversation with you, that premise is just not in good faith at all

And you're implying that Square's skill set of making FF in the first place is irrelevant because they, like every single developer in the industry, has development problems.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Out of curiosity, do you think God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk, or any other number of games aren't worth $60 because their stories will continue in a sequel?

Thats a different question and you know it.

If they remade God of War 1 and it took 6 years (at minimum) and $180 (at minimum) to see Kratos kill Ares, I'm not sure I would invest my time and money in that

Oct 25, 2017
Re-read what I said. I never said the series was completely dormant. I said it came out over a decade after it's direct predecessor (you know, the story that I actually care about). Filler spinoffs and prequels with a new cast are not equivalent to the direct, full sequel that we waiting for since the PS2 era

BBS is extremely important to the series. How is that filler? Same with DDD.

At the end of the day, I gave my opinion on the subject anyways.

Long story short: No.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

The game has a story with an end to part 1 though?

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
And you're implying that Square's skill set of making FF in the first place is irrelevant because they, like every single developer in the industry, has development problems.

What? I never said that Square isn't talented. Read my OP, I praised them. However, of all pubs, Square is the one with notoriously long development cycles.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Excuse me?

I prefaced it by saying what they HAVE done so far is amazing remasters, but isn't at all like what FFVIIR is.

Taking creative licence when it's not your IP is another thing, upscaling and making it shiny for current gen? Yeah, that's one thing, but going in new directions generally is left for the OG dev.

Bit over the top with the 'not in good faith' talk, mate. We here in NZ call that nek minnit talk.

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
I think Final Fantasy VII is perfectly fine as it is so a 1:1 remake in the vein of Shadow of the Colossus for the PS4 would have been awesome.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Excuse me?

I prefaced it by saying what they HAVE done so far is amazing remasters, but isn't at all like what FFVIIR is.

Taking creative licence when it's not your IP is another thing, upscaling and making it shiny for current gen? Yeah, that's one thing, but going in new directions generally is left for the OG dev.

Bit over the top with the 'not in good faith' talk, mate. We here in NZ call that nek minnit talk.

you said something along the lines of "Bluepoint is amazing at what they do, but remake isn't one of them." Remasters, and now with SotC, remakes, is literally what they're known and lauded for lol.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
After reading some feedback in the spoiler topic i take a bluepoint 1:1 remake every day of the week.

Last edited: