• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yes or no

• Yes

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 252 94.4%
  • I didn't know that it could

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Because of the chance covid can get into your system through your eyes do you wear goggles or a face shield to protect them

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Huh, no I don't think I'm going to do the face shield. I only see one person who wears a face shield regularly at work.

Oct 30, 2017
R3a8ce0ae97be99ed7438cf75956f746f

Can't see shit but I look dope as hell

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
No. Given the main way to get it is via inhalation I'm not wearing goggles/glasses that will fog up and limit my visibility when driving or walking.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
I've just been sticking with a cloth mask this entire time. So far so good, and now that I am two weeks from my second vaccination I hope that means I will make it through this thing unharmed.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
When you are trying to reduce your chances getting it by .005% you may as well just stop using cars or avoid eating anything but baby food to keep yourself safe.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
no

but the evidence is there to do it

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

www.webmd.com

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Overview

COVID-19 is a new type of coronavirus that causes mild to severe cases. Here’s a quick guide on how to spot symptoms, risk factors, prevent spread of the disease, and find out what to do if you think you have it.

Edit:

scrubbing.in

COVID-19 fact check: Can you catch it through your eyes?

By now, we’re all aware of the importance of wearing a face mask to protect ourselves and those around us from COVID-19. Covering both your mou...

" The CDC recommends that eye protection be worn by healthcare workers in "areas with moderate to substantial community transmission." As community spread increases, eye protection is one more layer of protection to help reduce transmission to those on the front lines.

As of yet, the CDC has not issued any eye protection recommendations for the general public, so it's a matter of preference. Each individual should assess their own personal risk and determine what behaviors — including any additional PPE — make sense for them and their household."

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
No, but I wore this once for grocery shopping:

St6oolT.jpg

Had no mask at home, didn't trust cloth masks back in April or so. Haven't worn it since or a face shield.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably do it if I knew I was going to spend a lot of time around other people, but not right now.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't. I don't judge someone who does, but I think there's a stronger likelihood that you contract covid through your eyes by touching a tainted service and then rubbing your eyes, rather than walking into a cloud of virus and it sticking to your eyeballs, and then getting absorbed that way.

I consider the virus cloud eye transmission thing up there with the 'leave your groceries out for 2 weeks before bring them thing,' thing, which is like, we heard some rumors about it early on, they're unsubstantiated, difficult to prove one way or another, and so if someone feels better about themselves doing it that way then that's fine with me, but it seems less likely as an avenue for trasmission.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I wore a face shield to the doctor once. Haven't worn it since. I'd wear one at the airport 100%

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I wear glasses but that's just because my eyes are bad.

I wish my eyes were good...

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
No, and if you do you're trying too hard. If you have to go out for something, a mask and distance is about the best you can do.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
I wear safety glasses going to stores. If anything it prevents me from touching my eye area until I have a chance of washing my hands.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
No, but I wore this once for grocery shopping:

St6oolT.jpg

Had no mask at home, didn't trust cloth masks back in April or so. Haven't worn it since or a face shield.
saw plenty of people like this at the super market when shit first went down. Now I'm lucky if I dont have some random asshole walk right up to me to talk to me right in my face with a mask on their chin when I go out.