• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you wear a mask at the drive through?

• Yes

Votes: 1,080 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 235 18.2%

• Total voters

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing it but have been noticing more and more places put a screen to cover the worker's face section.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and when they hand off the food at the curbside pickup but I see most other people do not.

Drive-Thru is probably pretty low risk but not a bad idea to do it anyway

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I do, if I was a drive-thru worker I'd appreciate anyone who wore a mask. Every tiny bit of extra protection helps.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
When talking to the kiosk, no because my mask muffles my voice and there's no human being there.

When actually paying and picking stuff up, then yes.

Jul 26, 2018
Yep. I do it to respect the workers who are going through the hard hours. I remember some of my ex coworkers especially my young cousin who works in Starbuacks ended up getting Covid because she dealt with too many customers not wearing masks in the drive thru.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why you wouldn't. You're hardly a great distance from whoever's managing the window. If you were inside the restaurant ordering, would you be content maskless? I'd hope not.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
what about paying? do you sanitize your hands after you pay with cash or when you pay with a card before you touch the steeringwheel? also they touched the bag.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't at given the distance, elevation difference, plexiglass on their part, and the lack of a need to talk when giving and receiving the payment method. Started to do it in the weeks before I got covid though.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't go anywhere that has drive throughs, but it's safer and logical to wear one in those situations.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I value other people's lives and I try to not be a piece of shit so yeah, I wear one everytime I interact with someone.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I do even if I stay home all the time, but the workers won't know that though. I like to think I put them at ease knowing I take their health into consideration. I think they tend to be nicer too or maybe not lol.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Unless I'm out in the middle of the countryside, even then I'll have a mask in my pocket, I've got a mask on at all times when out in public. If nothing else it's just common decency at this point.

Nov 7, 2017
You should wear a mask to protect the workers from your COVID ass

But seriously wear a mask when pulling up to a drive through and be a decent human

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When talking to the kiosk, no because my mask muffles my voice and there's no human being there.

When actually paying and picking stuff up, then yes.

This. So I voted both? Like even without the mask sometimes they can't hear you placing your order so I keep it down/off. I have it on when I get my food though.

Jan 3, 2018
Also if you're outdoor dining at a restaurant, do you put on your mask whenever the waiter/waitress comes by?

Last edited:

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I put it on when I go to the window. Easy to show respect to those folks working.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I do. If I found I forgot my mask and I was just getting fast food in the drive through, I wouldn't turn the car around for the mask.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yes and no. I have it ready to put on AFTER I'm done at the speaker/menu. I always wear a mask when I'm interacting directly with a person, though -- so for restaurants that have people go to cars to take orders, I put my mask on before I roll my window down to interact.

But up until the point where I interact directly with someone, no.