• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've always washed my dishes without gloves with high temp. water. I always feel it clean easier. I hate hate hate the texture of the gloves, i always feel like i can't grasp things. But the drawback is that i always have wrinckly fingers after. I also use the Vileda Scrunge sponge that uses the only patented, non-scratch scrubbing surface endorsed by Teflon.

999999-6%2083010%2060610%205_1.jpg

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I put them in the dishwasher or just rinse them off with water. never even considered wearing gloves

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
No, that's a thing my mom did though. And I don't understand why as I've gotten along just fine without using gloves all these years. I mostly use one of those dishsoap-fillable sponges on handles so I don't really have to get my hands under the water so much.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I used gloves for some time, but my housemates seemed incapable of keeping the insides dry, apparently dropping them repeatedly in the sink water.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I do it without gloves. I hate the feel of them.

Though here's a story that will make you wear gloves. Years ago I used to have a shitty job in a cafe in a leisure centre. The night before I had been at Parkhead watching Celtic play Barcelona (we won 2-1 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻). I bit all my nails to fuck during the game and pulled the "quick" out of my thumb nail. The next day I was in work and was washing the dishes in the dirty dish water. My thumb got infected and blew up to like four times the size and I started losing feeling in it. I had to go to the doctors and get them to lance it and a mountain of puss and ooze came out. Never again man.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
I wear gloves when I do all types of cleaning. My hands are soft and smooth as a result. Most people my age have nasty veiny, wrought, wrinkled hands because they don't use gloves.

Kodoku

Sep 20, 2019
WIthout, as I like to check if dishes still feel greasy or feels like something is still on it.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hum, without. I should really use some tho...my hands are very pretty and I should probably take better care of them.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
No but I mainly rinse and put in dishwasher these days. Run it every other night or so, I don't use that many dishes myself

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Before we got dishwasher I did it without gloves and my hands got pretty bad. Drying cracking and bleeding on multiple fingers. Changing soap didn't help. I tried wearing gloves but I have pretty big hands and would end up tearing them after a day or two of use.

Oct 27, 2017
When I wash pots and pans, no. Otherwise everything goes in the dishwasher.
This also feels like and advertisement for that sponge. For what it's worth, I don't own any pans with Teflon. I have a cast iron pan and some with a ceramic coating.

Oct 27, 2017
We have to wash the kids bottles more often than we fill up the dishwasher, so I wash by hand in almost boiling water. I don't think I've ever used gloves to wash anything that I wasn't cleaning with CLR

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate doing dishes without gloves.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I wear gloves when I do all types of cleaning. My hands are soft and smooth as a result. Most people my age have nasty veiny, wrought, wrinkled hands because they don't use gloves.
I'm not a hand model lol. Who am I trying to impress? Looking my hands right now, they look good. I don't use crazy powerful dish soap.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Without. I quickly rinse the dishes off and put them in the dishwasher. I wear gloves when working outside and when doing dirty house cleaning.

Alsim

Banned for Abuse Of The Giftbot system
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
I never really used gloves. I should give it a try sometime.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I put pretty much everything in the dishwasher, I very rarely wash by hand, so I don't use gloves.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Never used to wear gloves, then I developed a couple of areas of eczema on my hands in the past few years. Dish soap is very, very bad now. Just got a new pair of gloves a couple of days ago actually.

Grimsey

Nov 1, 2017
No, I wash dishes right away under lukewarm water with a handled scrub pad. If necessary I'll soak for 30 minutes first or use a softer pad for scratch-prone stuff.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I wear gloves while cleaning is in the bathroom. Or using bleach.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't use gloves but tend to apply some creme on my hands afterwards. But I do cook frequently and have to do dishes usually once a day and my fingers do seem to get slightly damaged.

Maybe I ought to try it out for a week, even though I reckon I'll hate the decreased tactile feedback/feeling.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
no gloves, same with bathroom.
i wash my dishes as i cook so i dont need to fill the sink with boiling water as nothing is stuck on so bad that it needs to soak or be scrubbed hard.

EmptySpace

Oct 26, 2017
So is it just fully accepted now that teflon is outright bad for you? I have a nonstick frying pan I bought a decade ago that I don't use much but I'm pretty sure is teflon, and I've been considering just throwing it away because of that.
Take this for what you will
www.youtube.com

Nonstick Pan Safety ANSWERS

Nonstick pans are pretty safe; the factories making them are more cause for concern. Thanks to HelloFresh for sponsoring this video. Get started with eight f...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Never used gloves. My hands are constantly wet from washing regardless.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
No, that's a thing my mom did though. And I don't understand why as I've gotten along just fine without using gloves all these years. I mostly use one of those dishsoap-fillable sponges on handles so I don't really have to get my hands under the water so much.
Some faucets are inconsistent with temperature/get really hot. That's what I wear gloves for.