• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanquish 2?

• Please. I need more.

Votes: 173 76.5%
  • There isn't a need for more.

Votes: 53 23.5%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
While the release of Bayonetta on the PS4 and Xbox One is cool and all, it's clear that the star of the package is definitely Vanquish. It's the first time it's gotten ported again on consoles, so I imagine a lot of people are playing it for the first time, and a couple others (including myself) have been playing it again to follow along.

However, despite all the love it gets from the people that have played it, it's been a complete bomb saleswise with not particularly stellar reviews to offset the balance either. A Vanquish 2 wouldn't make much sense economically for Platinum, and a botched sequel could ruin the cult classic status of the series. Obviously, the game could be just as, if not more more amazing than the first one. Considering this, do you want Vanquish 2 to happen?

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Why would anyone answer "No"? If you don't want it, you don't have to play a sequel whereas those who do, can have a go at playing a follow up to one of Platinum's best games.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I want VanquishHand, the confluence of all my Mikami dreams come true.

Call it DevilLegs and just have some cocky bozo with demonically possessed after-burner legs shooting around and kicking shit into orbit.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
No reason not to but how about getting some better writing, better art direction and half decent weapon sounds this time. The core combat mechanics were great but everything else surrounding it really was not particularly good.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'd like a spiritual successor with the same gameplay instead of a direct sequel. I like that the games concept draws from old Japanese comics but they went with a generic 'Murica vs Russia setting. Bring it back and go full zany PS2 era madness with it.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Vanquish 2 would be fucking sick but its probably not going to happen.
My Idea for Vanquish 2 is just do the same but with fucking aliens. Done.

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody who picks the second option doesnt know what they're talking about. Vanquish is a short ass game with no new game plus and these kind of games shine when you expand the mechanics even further.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Can't say I'd be particularly interested. I'd personally rather Platinum work on other stuff so I voted no, but I guess I'd be happy for fans who do want a sequel if they did make one.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
source.gif

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite games last gen. I'd be happy with a standard Switch port because my PS4 never gets played anymore.

That said, I might get the PS4 out and get it if nothing is announced Switch-wise soon!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It was left with a partial cliffhanger so HELL YES.

Keep a lot of the cheese, but make the story and characters more coherant and you have a great game on your hands. Also please have more verticality and not have melee related to the charge gauge, that made it pretty much worthless.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely, the first game was a flawed masterpiece and I'd love to see what Platinum could do with a sequel.

It'll never happen though, just like MGR2 :(

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
You see adding a currency system to the game as an improvement? Man people have weird tastes.
Not necessarily. There was already a weapon upgrade system in place but you couldn't carry it through to new playthroughs. I love things that make new playthroughs interesting. Bayonetta does this exceptionally well with lots of new weapons, skills and outfits to unlock! It's just fun!

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Not necessarily. There was already a weapon upgrade system in place but you couldn't carry it through to new playthroughs. I love things that make new playthroughs interesting. Bayonetta does this exceptionally well with lots of new weapons, skills and outfits to unlock! It's just fun!
I think its different because the weapon upgrades in Vanquish just improve ammo and damage, they dont change the weapon because its an arcade game and not an RPG thing. Like in Bayo you cant customize weapons because weapons need to be consistent so that you learn the weapon. Also you cant really give more or less skills to Sam or locking the melee attacks for individual weapons because that would be lame.

I think what you and me need most is more outfits for Sam! That would be awesome. More weapons would be cool too but I think there is already a bunch.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's one of those games I just want new levels for because I've played through them so much I know them like the back of my hand. The only real improvements I can think of is a better rating system and more fluid animations.

If they can't get Mikami back I would love to see the sequel directed by the guy who did Metal Gear Rising and Transformers. I think he would suit the game a lot.