• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xbox Series...

• X

Votes: 1,182 36.2%
  • S

Votes: 539 16.5%
  • None

Votes: 1,385 42.5%
  • Both

Votes: 156 4.8%

• Total voters

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
After all these leaks I wonder if everyone here wants the S or X? I want the S, alongside a ps5.

I'll use my S downstairs on a 1080p TV and use gamepass. I do not have an xbox one.

• All-Digital
  • Nearly 60% smaller than Xbox Series X
  • Custom 512GB NVME SSD powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture (like the SX)
  • 1440p at up to 120FPS
  • DirectX Raytracing
  • VRS
  • 4K upscaling and media playback

£249/$299/€299

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Great price, but I play on PC. I'll get a PS5 eventually, but there's quite literally 0 reason for me to get an Xbox.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
S for its form factor and if it doesn't have a disc drive it doesn't matter because I only use the Xbox as a game pass machine. Couple that with possibly playing games through Xcloud and I don't even need super powerful hardware.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I'm mainly PC so not something I need. I may get a ps5 down the road but definetly not in any hurry, going to wait for the games and price drops.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever buy one it'll be an X, the S is a great price point but i'll constantly feel i'm not getting the most out of my games.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the S had a disc drive, I'd go for that quickly. But it seemingly doesn't, unfortunately. So none in the foreseeable future.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Series S for backwards compatibility and the odd Xbox One game that didn't come to PC.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Neither for now. I'll be looking at whatever the high end offering is when XGS brings out the big guns like Fable etc.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
None. As long they dont have any compelling first party games there is zero reason to consider one of them for me.

At least the Xbone had Killer Instinct at launch.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
The poll is missing the "both" option. That's my case: XSX for me, XSS for my kid's room.

The "none" option is worthless, too: obviously you'll get many PC and Sony gamers not interested in an Xbox.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
As it stands now I feel like an XSS + PC will be a good combo for me to enjoy next-gen. XSS lets me enjoy the console experience from time to time and I won't miss any PC exclusives.

It does depend on how the XSS turns out to be perform a bit, but I don't mind 1080p at all.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Neither for at least two years. Waiting on the games. By that time, I'll probably have a 4K TV and be copping an XSX. If I had a reason to get an Xbox this year, a XSS would def be the move.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
none (upgrading my PC instead). Although..maybe an XSS/XSX later on depending how the 3rd party gamepass library looks. tbh gamepass is mostly for first party for me so PC is probably fine.

If I did buy one I'd lean towards XSX as I have a good 4k TV so wouldn't want a 1080p console connected up (even if it was upscaling to 4k)

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
X for me, S as gifts for younger family members. I would prefer a digital only X for $50-$100 cheaper as discs are going the way of the dodo for Xbox and Playstation.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
I voted none.

I am getting a brand new PC instead that is gonna be connected to an LG 65" OLED TV as well as a 1440p monitor.
With a gamepass ultimate subscription, what is the point of actually having the console if you can play 80-90% of the exclusives on PC?
It might even be 100% of Microsoft published games that are also on PC.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Series S, for me. Really is the perfect price that I think I will pick it up Day 1 for my living room and make use of Game Pass on both my PC and Xbox. Only game I'll need to buy will be FIFA. I'm looking to build a new PC eventually so just a cheap box is all I need.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I was going to wait a while when Halo was delayed but now I'm thinking Series S at launch as it seems like a good price and I don't have a 4K TV yet anyway.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I voted none.

I am getting a brand new PC instead that is gonna be connected to an LG 65" OLED TV as well as a 1440p monitor.
With a gamepass ultimate subscription, what is the point of actually having the console if you can play 80-90% of the exclusives on PC?
It might even be 100% of Microsoft published games that are also on PC.
There isn't. Which is a good thing.

Only thing you miss out on are the games that dont go to PC like Kingdom Hearts 3 and NHL games.

currytan

Sep 6, 2018
Both, Series X for me and Series S for my partner, as she don't mind about framerates or resolution.

Oct 25, 2017
I like what they're offering, especially Series X at $499 feels like great value. But I will most likely build a PC. If I don't build a PC, Series X is my choice.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy a Series S if it had a disc drive. I don't care much about high end graphics and I'm still using a 720p tv, I mostly want it for backward compatibility and game pass.

I'll get a Series X in a couple of years.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Still depends on specs of S and price of PS5DE. If PS5 is the dream of 399, I might get that first and just PS+ for the free games.

EDIT: I'm tempted to get an S instead of upgrading my PC now. There are a lot of games I want to play that my current system cannot, and I kinda want to upgrade my PC when DDR5 comes. I can also borrow my brothers PS4 Pro and play the exclusives I've missed

Last edited:

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the $499 price holds, I'm getting the X at launch. I'm enjoying their first party games so much this year and have a running Game Pass subscription, so I'm certain I'll be very happy with it.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
BC is pretty much the only reason for me to get one and for me it's not a very good reason

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Series S until I upgrade the bedroom TV.

Probably not at launch but likely not too long after if the UK price is reasonable.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
decided to upgrade pc to be the gamepass machine, might have bought xsx otherwise, but 3070 is just too tempting.

Oct 25, 2017
Both for me. X for me and the front room, S for my kid and his Christmas. He has a 1080p TV anyway and 300 bucks is perfect big gift pricing.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on PS5 pricing. I tend to lean playstation but if it's significantly more expensive I may go with the S until PS5 has more exclusives to entice me.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Very good value proposition on the hardware, but none for me since I can play all MS games on PC. Even given that, I would like to see more games that interest me on the platform. Fable, Avowed and Hellblade 2 though definitely pique my interest. Will be getting a PS5 and have a Switch though, so for the first time ever I can play everything.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I think i would get the X, its a decent price for the hardware and you know its going to be future proof + you get a disc drive.

The S seems a bit pointless to me now, with the X being a good price. You still have to spend hundreds of dollars to get a much inferior machine.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Unlikely any, but would consider a S further down the line for game pass and backwards compatibility.

Until Microsoft have a compelling array of first party titles I won't be jumping in though. They still have a lot of work to do to rectify that issue.