• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should Sony make an epic FPS campaign for PS5?

• Yes

• No

• I only care about BF and CoD

• I want Sony to focus on other games

Results are only viewable after voting.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
The MP portion of Killzone Shadowfall needed a so much better SP portion.

Honestly, I think a reboot of Killzone and Resistance could seriously work. Imagine these games also going to PC at the same time too. I could both being popular on PC.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
The two things I really think Sony needs in the PlayStation portfolio is a first person shooter and an arcade racer.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Well for me personally the fewer FPS games we have for a console the better. I mean that only as long as that energy goes into something else. Of course I don't care if we have 10 great FPS PS5 exclusive games and 10 great Third Person fantasy/RPG/combat/story/Zombie/etc. games, but I would rather have 0 FPS PS5 games and 20 other great games.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It should be noted that the multiplayer in Killzone Shadowfall was actually really good. It was the campaign that was weak.

Anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to a new FPS game from Sony. Though I'd really love to see another Warhawk most of all.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a game with a campaign only focus, sure, I'd love to see that, but they could perhaps start by remastering the two series first.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Waste of resources. Sony's first person shooters have all been bad to mediocre.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, Killzone (outside of 2) and Resistance were okay at best. I say this as a Killzone fan. Guerilla Games is way too talented to waste their time on more Killzone.

I don't think Sony would be able to bring anything unique (while also being really good) to the FPS genre right now.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
I would love to see an evolution of either of these series. Something along the lines of Metro Exodus. Or have multiple hub world's that progress linearly. Resistance is perfect for some survival elements and Killzone has some much potential to play around with larger more open hub world's.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely. If it was for me, I'd be in for a Killzone 2 remake as well.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Yes and bring on the multiplayer too. Although the genre may have gotten little crowded last gen, Sony's chase for the next big MP title produced some pretty awesome titles. Stuff like Warhawk, Resistance 2 8-player co-op, MAG, TLOU MP, and of course Killzone 2 were great.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of multiplayer they absolutely need to reboot SOCOM. If done correctly it could be a huge service based/ongoing game for Sony. With games like Overwatch/Fortnite/Apex there's a opportunity for a more tactical team based shooter to come back into the fold.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I would love to but it won't happen.

As much as I like that Sony is funding many AAA single-player games, they also know what sells the most copies. And it's TPP action-adventure games with open world or semi-open worlds. I don't believe they will fund another AAA single-player focused FPP shooter. Like, ever.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Killzone 2 and Resistance 3 were my most played FPS last gen. I had the original Modern Warfare and never enjoyed it. Killzone 2's tech still shits on most shooters this gen too.
if you didn't like Modern Warfare it makes sense why you'd enjoy slop like Killzone or Resistance.

These studios have gone on to such better things I can't imagine why anyone would want them to go back to this bland, boring shit.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to but it won't happen.

As much as I like that Sony is funding many AAA single-player games, they also know what sells the most copies. And it's TPP action-adventure games with open world or semi-open worlds. I don't believe they will fund another AAA single-player focused FPP shooter. Like, ever.
Sadly this might be true. Even if there is a new Killzone or Resistance it would probably shift in tone with more open levels, RPG elements, adventure and stealth sections, loot or a bigger focus on "social" gaming. This modern stuff ...

Feels like the bombastic single-player corridor shooter is dead appart from CoD campaigns. And that's a shame.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of whether its an old IP or a new IP I do think they need to broaden their horizons in terms of genre.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I know this is never how it'll go, but I'd be so bummed out if they returned to either of those franchises over a new IP. Especially Resistance. I was a huge fan of the Fall of Man, but Resistance 2 and 3 were just awful. I loved Killzone 2 as well, but not 3 or ShadowFall.

Having said that, if they could do a heavy reboot of either, I could probably get on board. But they'd really need to focus on the feel of the FPS.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Totally. I LOVED the Resistance series,had excellent campaigns and online.

In fact the Resistance sci fi setting was that interesting that I could see easily more games being set into the same universe

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
I wouldn't mind another Killzone as long as it's good. There's potential there

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I'd like to see some next gen VR exclusive FPS campaigns from Sony. It's important to build games unique for the medium since it's too limiting to just add support for VR rather than build full fledged titles.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Would be cool to put one of their studios to work on something like TF2 campaign. Not the same song or that just something as good and original. Maybe use a genre we don't see much, cowboys?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly as much as I like Sony stuff, I really wish they branch out to fps genre, rpg genre,. Having dozens of third person cinematic narrative driven action adventures with lite RPG elements is getting a bit old