• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo villagers?

• Yes

Votes: 104 24.0%
  • Yes (only animal characters)

Votes: 179 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 151 34.8%

• Total voters

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The same artist that made the Amaterasu concept I posted earlier also redesigned a bunch of Nintendo villains as AC villagers (which obviously includes K. Rool):

I really like Dark Samus as an octopus

ETMBKOcU4AM_4Lc

Oh, fuck... I need Wolf O'Donnell now :(

First they need to bring back Nintendo items
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before updates add nintendo items, Gracie, gyroids, the cafe, etc.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Yes!

Give me not only Nintendo characters, but also other gaming icons! I want to see Solid Snake, Jill Valentine, Ryu, Cloud etc in my village..

Amin_Parker

Dec 25, 2019
Tokyo
No because I feel like Animal Crossing is a big enough franchise where it does not need to rely on other Nintendo properties. This Series has become bigger than life and it doesn't need Mario or any other character from Nintendo's legendary franchises propping it up in any way shape or form.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I absolutely would not engage with this content, but I'm not going to say other people can't have it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
No because I feel like Animal Crossing is a big enough franchise where it does not need to rely on other Nintendo properties. This Series has become bigger than life and it doesn't need Mario or any other character from Nintendo's legendary franchises propping it up in any way shape or form.
Mario kart is just as big and also does crossover stuff. Crossovers don't equal being desperate. I mean one of nintendo's biggest series is a giant crossover. It's just fun to have. Even pokemon has done crossovers and it's literally the biggest.

Oct 28, 2017
I would like Star Wolf to show up and act like it's nothing. Like he's on vacation, but he's really hiding from Fox.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Eh, it's ultimately whatever for me.

Only non humans
If you are going to give me mario give me like racoon mario or cat mario =P

But yeah, a Pokemon DLC with lots of pokemon villagers and items would print money
TPCi rarely lets Pokémon be in non-Smash crossovers as it is.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
There should be like a 1% chance on nook mile visits to get Yoshi Island, and he's there and it's cool.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Animal Crossing has had Nintendo crossover content since the very beginning. New Horizons may have launched without it, but i'd be shocked if the existing Nintendo items and guest villagers aren't brought back at some point.

I'm really wondering if some of the people voting 'no' actually know that guest villagers already happened, lol.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's ultimately whatever for me.

TPCi rarely lets Pokémon be in non-Smash crossovers as it is.
I Feel like they are slightly more lax about things now than a while ago. They did stuff like Pikamario and a few other things. I do kind dount they would have this, but at the same time, imagine the markability of a pikachu mouse villager.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Weird how "No" is winning when there's already precedent for this. Yes, bring them back please. Especially if I can use my amiibo to bring back returning ones.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing has had Nintendo crossover content since the very beginning. New Horizons may have launched without it, but i'd be shocked if the existing Nintendo items and guest villagers aren't brought back at some point.

I really am wondering if some of the people voting 'no' actually know that guest villagers already happened, lol.
Well to be fair I have seen people do villager rating lists and apparently a lot of people didn't like the crossover ones already. For some reason the squid sister ones get a lot of hate. Maybe because they were squirrels for some weird reason. Which brings the tangent up of how squids aren't a villager type yet somehow.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not as villagers because I don't want to deal with people going crazy for them, but as guests who show up (like New Leaf RVers), sure!

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Stop making everything a crossover. It blurs the uniqueness of each different universe and it even devalues the very concept of a crossover.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I think that's the whole problem

The Pokémon Company allowing crossovers is rare enough, but crossovers with an off-model Pikachu? forget about it
Well that's maybe why this time for dlc crossover ones, they could do extra modifying. Like with a K.rool one for example, they actually modify the body size a little and the eye. Even more unlikely, but maybe even a banjo/kazooie one with some modifying.

Harmonius

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Considering me and my friend are united in wanting Marianne from Three Houses(But as a horse) as a Villager, yes, I will gladly take characters from Nintendo Franchises being "Crossinged" into versions that work.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's maybe why this time for dlc crossover ones, they could do extra modifying. Like with a K.rool one for example, they actually modify the body size a little and the eye. Even more unlikely, but maybe even a banjo/kazooie one with some modifying.
I'm not even convinced they'd be okay with Pikachu talking

only very specific Pikachus get to talk

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
It could be cool, but I'd be more interested in seeing Nintendo IP represented as video games in the world of AC. For example, if villagers would sometimes carry Switches (they way they carry other accessories), or if sometimes they would have random Switch game cases in their homes. Maybe have them wear rare Nintendo themed clothes sometimes too.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't particularly like it in Welcome Amiibo so it's at the very bottom of the long list of additional things I'd like to see in New Horizons

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I don't care about guest villagers but I would kill to be able to have my character not be a human.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm okay with those to a point, but not really into the idea of human furry ones. Felyne obviously works. I don't want to see Ryu or Snake or whatever turned into an animal though.
That's why i'm rooting for Amaterasu; it'd be a perfect fit. I'm not opposed to seeing human characters adapted into animals though; just not too many of them.

It's a shame certain species are reserved for NPCs; otherwise i'd be all for seeing Sonic happen. That also ties into another crossover aspect i'd like to see: K.K. Slider covers (in this case, Live and Learn or some other Crush 40 Sonic track).

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
They had Pokemon items in Pocket Camp so I don't think a crossover is entirely out of the question.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
That's why i'm rooting for Amaterasu; it'd be a perfect fit. I'm not opposed to seeing human characters adapted into animals, but just not too many of them.

It's a shame certain species are reserved for NPCs; otherwise i'd be all for seeing Sonic happen. That also ties into another crossover aspect i'd like to see: K.K. Slider covers (in this case, Live and Learn).
There is nothing stopping them technically to make dlc ones based on existing npc types or even brand new ones, but not too likely. Crossover KK would be really great though and easier. KK superstar for jumpup superstar, some splatoon ones obviously,etc.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I find non-verbal animals like Epona, Amaterasu, and Pokemons more interesting than animalized humans like Link and Ganondorf.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I would be totally okay we got something like Epona the horse or Lounk the Eagle, a clear reference without being the actual character.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I think video game themed stuff is tacky in-game. Would rather they keep the Nintendo items and villagers out.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I would be totally okay we got something like Epona the horse or Lounk the Eagle, a clear reference without being the actual character.
Well, we've already got Epona and Link villagers; we just need them to return.

latest
latest

Crossover KK would be really great though and easier. KK superstar for jumpup superstar, some splatoon ones obviously,etc.
We kinda already got an official K.K. cover of Splattack from that Squid Sisters concert, so Splatoon is definitely an obvious fit. Jump Up, Super Star was one of the ideas I had in mind too.

There are so many fan-made K.K. cover tracks out there, so i'd like to see the idea used in an actual AC installment someday. The parody album covers make themselves:

Last edited:

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I didn't really like the looks of any of the amiibo villagers in New Leaf, so I wouldn't really be excited for them. Something about it just doesn't seem right to me.