• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do You Want a Patch to Change the Final Fantasy VII: Remake Door?

• No

Votes: 167 36.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 286 63.1%

• Total voters

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm personally all about the current door. It has personality, a story to tell. Don't touch the door Square-Enix or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
idgaf.

I'd rather they put their time and effort during a pandemic elsewhere than some stupid fucking meme door tbh

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really couldn't care less. I don't play games the way some people do and really didn't linger around long enough to notice or care about the bad textures that people post in stills endlessly.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
if they improve the myriad of other low res assets? Sure, leave the door as a reminder, lol.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I just want it over and done with. There are more pressing or worse issues in the visual department in places that betray the high quality of effort, but this one is the most talked about, and it should just be done.

It's a freaking texture on a door, it's like a days work of effort to fix, especially if the claims that the original texture just didn't load in right is true.

Not trying to armchair developer here, but it really seems strange that it hasn't been looked at for months now, feels like they are waiting to hatch all their eggs on the PS5 rather then waste time on the inferior and less glitzy console.

Mindman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want it to look like a current gen game in all chapters. Not a ps3 game in some and a ps2 game in some and a ps5 game in some. Honestly.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
The door is just one example of areas that have severe issues with textures loading. Fixing that would fix a lot of the game's visual issues.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I could care less about the door now.

I didn't even care when it first released. I noticed it and thought "huh, weird". But nothing change my experience with the game.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. So it's that door that I noticed looked low res, thought that was strange, moved on with my day and nearly completely forgot about until I read this post.

There are far worse low rez areas in the game

EVn8a3zUcAAB5Gk

EVn8QfoUYAAtIR6

This is just a Jpeg.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Game doesn't need a patch.

Got the platinum without having a single issue.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The door is just the meme, there's poor textures and poor lod issues throughout major chunks of the game.

"The door" just makes people dismiss the issue because they think that's all it is.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Did it ever get a single patch? I thought for sure they'd fix some of the glaring ugliness of the mid game zones.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly didn't notice the door issues until they were mentioned on here, and even now I'd rather S-E focuses on more important updates

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I always thought the door and about 50% of the games textures just never loaded right due to the low available RAM and perhaps, less than stellar RAM Management. I do not think the textures were authored at auch a poor resolution. I think it would need a patch anyway for PS5 to adjust the RAM caching value they chose for ps4 and Pro.

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
Here is hoping that the low textures problem will be solved by the PS5 brute force.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
The door is Canon. Changing it would be ruining the entire story. Can't retcon like that. And yes, If SE do that, they can kiss their business goodbye.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Hopefully they do. It's the reason why I haven't touched the game.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It's not just the door, it's a lot of the game's cards and LODs that are super low-res. They look really bad compared to the rest of the game (such as backgrounds in some late-game areas), and should have been fixed months ago. That it still hasn't been is extremely disappointing to me.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
I mean its not just the door, the texture issues are present throughout the entire game. So yeah, fixing it would be nice

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm waiting for the PS5 version for I continue with the game. The second half is low res country, it was way too distracting. The doors were the least of its issues.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I wasn't tuned into the threads around the game , i didn't realise this was some kind of touchstone thing haha. I do remember some texture issues playing it but they didn't really bother me, I thought the game was gorgeous even.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
The low res assets are awful. It's not just the door. It's major areas of the game.

I'm playing Bloodborne right now it's environments are way more complex and detailed than FF7's blurry ass skyboxes and puke textures in simple corridors.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I give a shit. Didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game in the slightest. That's not to say I wouldn't take a patch but I don't need one.

Strife91

Banned
Aug 14, 2020
I think digital foundry did a test with ssd and it solved much of the problems, so it seems to be related to data streaming.

The ugly sky boxes bothered me the most, but the flowers in Aerith's garden were pretty bad too.