• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you agree?

• Yes, sounds like a really good idea.

Votes: 409 83.1%
  • No, I hate sea exploration and there is no chance for it to be a good.

Votes: 83 16.9%

• Total voters

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take any Zelda game in any style. A Majora's Mask like sequel to Breath of the Wild? Hell yeah! 2D Zelda like Link to the Past? Bring it on! WW style sequel with traditional Zelda dungeons? Sign me up! I just love Zelda y'all.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
After the BotW sequel I'd like to see a Ni No Kuni -like art-style.

ninokuni_2312383b.png

With this Link

I'd like revisiting the great sea concept if it had that style.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
WW is my favorite Zelda game so i would love another one. It has such a fantastic artstyle and great sense of adventure, i know the sea was kinda empty but it felt like you could run into anything.

BOTW kinda give me the same feeling with the exploration so i would be fine if they go with a game similar to BOTW again, i just hope the dungeons are better.

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
This is my dream game basically. Sailing and discovering islands and treasure was so much fun. BOTW gave me a lot of the same vibes as Wind Waker, but it was lacking in the water exploration department IMO. A direct sequel to WW that is denser and more fleshed out is my primary want, but I'd be insanely hyped if the next game is a BOTW sequel with an ocean and sailing component as well.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Bro, I'm going to be honest yeah, the idea has never even slipped my mind and now that you've done it my answer is an absolute yes. Holy crap that would be great. Toon link hasnt gotten a high budget sequel ever

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
All I want is the SD version in 1080p, plus the improved things from HD, like the swift sail and the sped up process of performing songs.

I don't care for the bloom effect or the terrible indoor lighting. I don't care for the poorly remixed music. I even feel that the reduced Triforce quest felt anti-climactic.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think incorporating a larger sea area in BotW's sequel is a great idea. Wind Waker had the best exploration and sense of adventure in the series before BotW, and discovering Eventide was so cool.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather have them take BOTW and add an ocean to it than just straight up copying Wind Waker.

I was going to say something similar except the reverse, feel free to have sailing but ensure much larger land masses - same same.

One of the great things about traversal in BotW was the ability to scale mountains or high monuments and glide down, often into completely new biomes. If the next Zelda loses this it'll be a huge step back for me. Sailing between islands doesn't compete.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
WW was my first open world Zelda. When I reached the sunken Hyrule and looked out I remember thinking 'THIS is the Hyrule I want to explore, not the endless sea". WW also had too few dungeons and a terrible fetch quest (slightly improved in the HD remake). But it was still a good Zelda.

BotW was the Hyrule I always wanted to explore. Nintendo finally delivered, after a decade of waiting, the game I actually wanted to play. Now that we've been there and done that, I think the next Zelda should include a much greater focus on the ocean. I don't want another ocean map dotted with Islands. I want as much land to explore as BotW, but ALSO just as much ocean to sail. BotW had very rudimentary sailing and no underwater swimming. I would love to see both underwater diving (with gizmos or creatures to make you fast moving) and open ocean sailing on large vessels and small. I want a Zelda version of a ship battle complete with canons, ship steering, and boarding parties. And sea creatures.

So no I don't want WW2. I want more of a BotW + WW game. Actually I would love to see them completely reuse the BotW map. Make it the corner section of the new map which is 4-6 times larger. Revisit the old locations 2 years after the events of BotW. Make it largely composed of ocean but give it a couple large continents and some dotted islands. Then go to town on all sorts of ocean scenarios like storms, sunken ships, coral reefs (remember underwater swimming is a must, unlike WW or BotW), stranded islands, sea monsters, Ocean Zora Kingdom, Volcanic islands, ancient submarines, deep sea observatories, Water World like Pirate strongholds, a jet ski, ship capsizes, the works.

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say something similar except the reverse, feel free to have sailing but ensure much larger land masses - same same.

One of the great things about traversal in BotW was the ability to scale mountains or high monuments and glide down, often into completely new biomes. If the next Zelda loses this it'll be a huge step back for me. Sailing between islands doesn't compete.

That's an aspect I didn't even think about.

You know what? Why not aim higher. Nintendo should take another shot at flying like in Skyward Sword. They now have the technology to properly do it and those islands in the sky probably didn't disappear over night.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
That's an aspect I didn't even think about.

You know what? Why not aim higher. Nintendo should take another shot at flying like in Skyward Sword. They now have the technology to properly do it and those islands in the sky probably didn't disappear over night.

Before BotW came out (and even close to release) I had hoped they might allow us to take to the sky. The insistence on calling the game "open air" over "open world" really influenced my expectations. I was thrilled with the game we got, but expanding on what we can do in the air would be fun - magnets and train cars is clever but not really what I want.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a wind waker x breath of the wild open sea game. More upgrades, dungeons weapons. So much life with diverse creatures per island. Gosh that would be amazing.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
It would be really cool to see a Wind Waker sequel that took some inspiration from AC or Sea of Thieves's sailing mechanics.

Make Link the captain of a small pirate ship with a cast of characters that follow you throughout your journey, in contrast to the isolated open world of BoTW.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't have to be Wind Waker 2, but I'd love a brand new take on a cel shaded, cartoon-like Zelda with a new art style

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this is basically all I want. Not just a cell shaded wind waker sequel with similar gameplay, but a full on great ocean sailing exploring adventure a la Wind Waker. Will give them a good excuse to do another non-Ganon big bad as well.