• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Only on LinkedIn. I don't really use most social media platforms, even if I'm signed up to them. So it's either

4573.jpg
or
bull_black_small1381.png

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Aa others have said: real name, real picture. I'll never intentionally mix the two.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
I do on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. And I have a corporate one for works social media which I use.

I don't use it on Reddit or Era or other websites I visit

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Occasionally. I use my real picture on Twitter more than I do on Facebook, I also use Twitter for more personal shit than Facebook.

<--What I'm currently using.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I only have Facebook (where I haven't posted since July) and I switch between a Mariners and Seahawks player when each respective season starts up.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It's a pretty bad idea, when I see people doing it here I want to jump in and say something but I don't want to be the asshole who ruins fun or anything. Don't give out personal info except to people you really trust, some people on here post their pictures, where they live, all sorts of stuff. Once your info is out there, you can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On Facebook, yeah. But my Facebook is limited to family and IRL friends.

On pretty much everything else I'm Alton Brown.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If you are going to post a picture of your face here. I would post it as hidden. Trolls/bullies/stalkers will harrass us.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
My photo is out there. I never gave a shit. What's the worst that can happen?
I have had friends who have been doxxed and have had their homes/cars vandalized, places of employment called, family members messaged, lots of things can happen. People have tried to find my info a ton of times as well. I had a friend get doxxed because he posted a picture of his dog and they zoomed in on it and found his phone number and I believe his address as well from the damn tag on the collar.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
On my (deactivated) FB account, yes. On Twitter, I'd use one but I don't have a recent photo, and dislike selfies.

So I remain a frowny robot:

wf8FKUBu_400x400.png

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I have had friends who have been doxxed and have had their homes/cars vandalized, places of employment called, family members messaged, lots of things can happen. People have tried to find my info a ton of times as well. I had a friend get doxxed because he posted a picture of his dog and they zoomed in on it and found his phone number and I believe his address as well from the damn tag on the collar.
You're letting them win. It's like saying you'll never use your credit/debit card online or anywhere in case of someone stealing your info. The possibility of someone inconveniencing me isn't going to stop me.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I don't use social media.

For forums/websites, I have a variety of handle-specific pictures (i.e., about a dozen different pics of five taquitos, a different one for each service).

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
No. I don't actively use LinkedIn, Facebook, or Instagram, and I don't use my picture on Twitter.

I cherish the distance between my in-person and online identities.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
No I usually use pics of my dogs there too. But at the moment I am using a real pic of myself on Twitter. I doubt that lasts long though.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
You're letting them win. It's like saying you'll never use your credit/debit card online or anywhere in case of someone stealing your info. The possibility of someone inconveniencing me isn't going to stop me.
I mean look what just happened to the OP. He just deleted his Twitter after being harrased by a mob. You need to be careful with what you post.
Edit-its back up again?

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Everyone who is fearful of getting doxxed, or knows people that have, and that led to IRL harassment... what led to the harassment exactly?

I'd like to think I don't do anything online that would lead to anyone giving enough of a shit to bother doxxing me, so I don't worry about it in the slightest.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I mean, we're talking about people calling your work and saying you assaulted them or called them a racial slur, or harassing your family members, or threatening your family. Yes, these are real things, unfortunately. This is not just an inconvenience, and if it is I would love to be that carefree.

There is a marked difference between willfully putting your information online on a videogaming (or any) forum when you do not have to and using a damn debit card.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. I'm not a public figure, I gain absolutely nothing by posting pictures of my face online.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Facebook sure, but I also rarely use it.

Twitter and so on, geeze no. I'm also not in a position where I even would need or want to do so.