• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty basic, got shea butter or cocoa butter lotion... use a soft face scrub with cetaphil in the shower.

I dont struggle with acne unless I get real gross from work/exercise or unless I eat like shit, but turning 30 has me thinking about putting in more effort.

I think I'm going to introduce some mild sunscreen, hopefully theres some kind thats like dual moisturizing or something.

what do you all do? Tips? Decent affordable products/brands?

Also I cant wait for the anti-lotion crackly crusty dusty people to drop 20 hit and run comments in this thread.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Important to pair with SPF as you noted.

Something like the Cetaphil SPF 30 moisturizer will do.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
When I remember lol.

Hard to build a habit honestly. I go get compliments about looking much younger. I don't anything consistent, just thanks to the parents lol.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Started in my 30s also. Just CeraVe lotion. Usually in the winter with all that hard water.

OP
OP

Deleted member 279

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Important to pair with SPF as you noted.

Something like the Cetaphil SPF 30 moisturizer will do.
Thank you for the rec. I definitely trust that brand. Back when I briefly researched this years ago I was surprised at how difficult it was to find a legit product that wasnt over priced with excessive branding.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
charcoal scrub in the shower, some sort of moisturizer on my face since my upper lip likes to flake up

now that I'm in CO, I have to use lotion on my hands otherwise they become a bloody, craggy mess.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yes, developed a pretty decent skincare routine for my face(CeraVe foaming cleanser, serums, retinal, chemical exfoliant and CeraVe moisturizing lotion) over the last few years and have been using an exfoliating glove every few days on my body followed up with a shea butter lotion after showering.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda find it annoying to moisturise unless clean shaven but I do now and then.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I get a bit of dry skin on my forehead so I use some basic assed basic moisturising lotion. If I am feeling fancy I use it on my arms but I am a white man in the north of Scotland - not know for lotion application - but I could be wrong. Only relatively recently have I been using lotion as soap and water was always good enough for me.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I use hand lotion from time to time. I was using lotion a bit on my face from dry skin, but head & shoulders helped with that a bit so my face hasn't felt so itchy. I also use Burt's Bees chapstick constantly because my lips dry out all the time.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Not really... my mother always reminds me when I visit, but I can't say it's become a habit or anything.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
I use lotion on my hands and I do charcoal facial masks every few days! Im only 27 but I want to preserve my youth for as long as possible. Someone give me that Paul Rudd treatment plan!!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Cetaphil and different black soaps for a facial cleanser. Always use lotion.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I use a combination shampoo, body wash, and conditioner. It only costs a few bucks and lasts me for months.

That's it.

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, I use a gentle cleanser, salicylic acid soap, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, face and body moisturizers, and SPF. I'm currently using hydroquinone (alongside vitamin C and niacinamide in different times of day) to lighten up the PIH I got from TCA Cross peels.

CeraVe Moisturizer + SPF is probably what you're looking for. :)

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises. Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds.

Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux- tortoiseshell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly - but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub.

The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good - silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and on Evelyn's advice pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair. Luis Carruthers recommended the Aramis Nutriplexx system, a nutrient complex that helps increase circulation.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin.

Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural- bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I started getting some acne/backne at around 25 for whatever reason; tried some medicated creams but they only worked okay and I think some were supposed to be bad long term. Standard face washes and creams either dried me up or made my skin more greasy/clogged like my body was rejecting these foreign chemicals. Just couldn't find a balance.

My solution? Apple cider fucking vinegar. It may not work for everyone, but I put 1 part apple cider vinegar 1 part water in a spray bottle and coat my face/back once a day and my skin has been almost completely clear and healthy for years. I would definitely at least give it a shot. Dermatologists hate it!

Cool showers are also really good for your skin, although I have trouble with that especially during the cold seasons.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises. Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds.

Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux- tortoiseshell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly - but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub.

The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good - silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and on Evelyn's advice pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair. Luis Carruthers recommended the Aramis Nutriplexx system, a nutrient complex that helps increase circulation.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it - preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers - which I've found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting. Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin.

Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky - which makes it look dull and older - use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural- bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.
It's a bit weird but also funny that American Psycho, in part, got me into skin care initially. Like it just started with me wanting to recreate the face peel scene and buying some random aloe vera face peel to try it, but then got into more meaningful skin products and info. Never was able to pull off the face peel quite as well as Bale did. Always started to fall apart and break into section when taking it off.

The wanton murdering actually started before.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I can't fathom living without proper skincare. Deep facial scrub and moisturizer to prevent acne and keep my skin feeling good (I'm lucky in that I have naturally clear skin but I still make sure I take good care of it), CeraVe for my dry areas and a nice warm water face scrub at night before bed.

If y'all are ever in Chicago and see this:
507.jpg
come and say "hey."

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Moisturize .

You need to.

also slap some toner on your face for that good ol fashioned wake up

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Yepper. I got lucky with really good skin, though--seldom oily or dry--so it's relatively low maintenance. My skin is extremely thin and sensitive, so I don't really need to exfoliate. I used to have acne problems years ago, but that went away when I stopped eating red meat. So just applying moisturizer comprises most of my regimen.

I also use SPF pretty religiously when I leave the house. It's one reason I am often mistaken for being about a dozen or so years younger than I am. 🤞

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Here is my current skincare routine:

Oil Cleanser: softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil (only use this once every couple of days / if I've been outside)
Gel Cleanser: COSRX Low PH Good Morning Cleanser
Toner: Son Park Beauty Water / Some by Mi Vitamin C Glow Toner / Some by Mi Snail Miracle Repair Toner (alternate)
Exfoliation: COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid / COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
Essence: Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence
Serum/Masks: Many different options I alternate with masks but prefer Missha Sheet Masks, My Beauty Sheet Masks, etc. Usually items like black pearl, green tea, aloe, snail, etc. I have a drawer full of sheet masks.
Moisturizer: COSRX Oil-free Birch Sap Moisturizer (for mornings) / Some by Mi Miracle Cream / Missha Super Aqua Snail Cream (alternate)
Eye Cream: Missha Time Revolution Eye Cream
Lip Balm: La Mer Lip Balm / Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask (alternate)
Sunscreen: Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF50+++

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Oil Cleanser: softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil (only use this once every couple of days / if I've been outside)
Toner: Son Park Beauty Water / Some by Mi Vitamin C Glow Toner / Some by Mi Snail Miracle Repair Toner (alternate)
Exfoliation: COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid / COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
Serum/Masks: Many different options I alternate with masks but prefer Missha Sheet Masks, My Beauty Sheet Masks, etc. Usually items like black pearl, green tea, aloe, snail, etc. I have a drawer full of sheet masks.
Moisturizer: COSRX Oil-free Birch Sap Moisturizer (for mornings) / Some by Mi Miracle Cream / Missha Super Aqua Snail Cream (alternate)
twitter.jpg

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

Obligatory
ViJ4pnH.jpg

beaten!

OP
OP

Deleted member 279

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How.. how do u even do this?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017

Takes like 5-10 minutes each session (morning and evening). A lot of those items are morning or evening only as well, usually morning routine is just 4-5 steps. The item that'll take a while is sheet mask which you leave on your face for 10-15 mins, but you do that once a day, and you just leave it on while doing something else. For example, I was wearing a sheet mask while posting that (now off)

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
For my face I have a wash, scrub, toner, and moisturizer with SPF that I use daily. No nighttime face routine, though I'm open to suggestions. For body some random Shea butter body lotion. I use another lotion for my feet that I use with this weird foot filing thing to keep my feet soft.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Tabris extra with the skin care. I like the cosrx good morning cleanser he uses. Became my normal daily after I tried it out from one of his posts.

I have freckles and very fair skin so I wear sunscreen everyday. I had to start doing more of a skincare routine because of it. I have the best success when I keep it simple with just a serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
lmao Mr. Bateman in here

I never used to but I've been applying lotion to my face recently 1) because I dislike how dry my skin gets (looks bad) 2) it's time to get more serious about this kind of stuff for dating lol

However, I still have a problem with scalp dryness and Idk how to remedy that. I got head and shoulders but shampoo seems to dry my skin out more. It's not dandruff, it's just dry as hell.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit weird but also funny that American Psycho, in part, got me into skin care initially. Like it just started with me wanting to recreate the face peel scene and buying some random aloe vera face peel to try it, but then got into more meaningful skin products and info. Never was able to pull off the face peel quite as well as Bale did. Always started to fall apart and break into section when taking it off.

The wanton murdering actually started before.
Pretty much the same, I read it in high school and was pleasently surprised to see how well the film handled it. That perfect peel is so damn rare and it works PERFECTLY in that scene.

oh, on topic, I'm currently using a shea butter/black soap scrub for the mornings and a plain black soap before bed, a hydrating face cream with tea tree after both and a once a week mud mask. If I'm leaving the house I apply Replenix for sun protection. I've found all the toners I've tried dry my face out to a ridiculous degree and have stopped using them completely.
Drinking a bunch of water, not smoking cigs (or flower...often) and always using an SPF lotion when leaving the house really helps.

Last edited: