• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I usually throw some old show I don't care about on, or a twitch stream and fall asleep with my TV on a timer. I hate silence.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
i put on rainymood.com. It really helps me, especially since there's noises from nearby rooms or outside and I want to drown it out and just get into a trance. Rain works best for me.

I've thought about getting a dedicated noise machine but i'm not sure i'd like it as much.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I work overnight I have to leave noises on during the morning, they're building a new apartment building across the street.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
I work midnights and use the Sleep Sounds app with a variety of sounds. Usually simple nature sounds like thunderstorms, rain pattering on a window, leaves blowing through trees, but sometimes I mix it up. Last night I turned on Winter Cabin, which has some sort of freezing rain/snowfall sound, coyotes howling in the distance, and the occasional owl hoot.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I just turn on a fan, and when that's not available I pull up a youtube video of rain for 10 hours lol. (Not that I've slept long enough for the full 10 hours to go through.) orz

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes. I use a brown noise skill on my Amazon Alexa. When my daughter was a baby I read that brown noise was especially good to help babies sleep, so I started using that and just kind of kept doing it.

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
I use an android app called White Noise. You can add user created sounds to it. Usually I listen to ocean waves or thunderstorm, but some users have uploaded loops of BOTW ambient music and another made a loop of Donkey Kong Country's aquatic ambience and they work well.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wife is a huge snorer so I use ear plugs. other than that i can fall asleep sort of easily.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I used to use this a long time ago.

41O0PcuaRBL.jpg

But I haven't needed sound to fall sleep for some time. In fact, now I need things super silent. I'm like the Princess and the Pea of noise.
That's the main reason none of my consoles are plugged in when I'm not using them. I can hear the coil whine and it drives me nuts.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If I don't have a fan or an air conditioner running, I have a seriously hard time falling asleep.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
Can't sleep without a fan, not just for sound... I like feeling a breeze

Have had a fan with a remote for a while, so now i have it on a timer so i don't waste electricity

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I believe that anything that engages your brain to actively listen is bad for sleep. I use a fan for noise to drown out any such noises.

Deleted member 32726

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I've been using the Sleep Sounds Alexa skill on my echo dot. Yeah... the quality is crap but it's mainly to drown out noise. I gotta get a Google Home someday.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I have a fan and I listen to podcasts, I'll even listen to ASMR every once in a blue moon if I'm in the mood

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Only when my wife is out of town for work. I cannot get comfortable enough to sleep so I put on Rain and Thunder to lull myself to sleep.... or I put on the Lord of the Rings trilogy something about that always makes me feel comfortable.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I listen to Wizard and Knight by Gene Wolfe on audiobook which is sort of a beautifully written fable about a child living as a brave and pure adult hero and I've read it so many times the audio book is beautiful white noise I'm familiar with.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I used to have an mp3 of some sounds of the ocean that I had recorded myself and played it on repeat off my laptop.

when that no longer became an option, I started using the Sleep Pillow app and created my own mashup of ambient sounds and play it off my phone each night. I think the current mix is part fan, part rainstorm, part "alpha 12Hz" sounds. Knocks me right out.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Now a days I can't easily fall asleep without earplugs. Need complete silence.

I also keep a fan on but for moving air, not for white noise.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah but lately I've been using sleep/meditation music on Spotify to calm down before sleep. I'm too stressed otherwise.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to, usually I use my air filter.

If I have nothing my Tinnitus starts making a buzzing noise.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Yea, I collect sound machines.
Some better for white noise choices, others for ambiente or nature sounds

Also they are great for muffling neighbor sounds in appartement buildings

There some good loops on YouTube as well