• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is it?

• Cart

Votes: 117 52.7%
  • Bag

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Basket

Votes: 78 35.1%
  • Hands

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Personal shopper

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Depends how lazy I have been with going to the store.

Sometimes I gotta buy a lot of stuff.

Deleted member 10611

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depends. I try to use a basket unless I'm getting enough groceries that I need a cart. Navigating aisles with carts everywhere is a pain in the ass.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I never use a cart, but I never buy tons of stuff anyway.

They also have those hybrid basket roller things.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I mean. If I'm buying something super heavy that I don't want to carry around I'll use a cart. I try to use the smaller carts, or baskets.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
All of the above? Except for the personal shopper, I'm not rich lol. I regularly use a cart, basket, bag, or hands depending on how much I'm getting and where I'm shopping (like they don't have baskets at Aldi so I'll use a bag if I'm only grabbing a couple of things).

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
You're damn right I roll with a cart. Even my booze rides fancy. I also like pulling up to the older betty's and yapping for a bit about what she's got... what I've got.... It's a thing.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Cart, basket, or hand, depending on the amount. Using a bag is not a standard thing in grocery stores in my area of the the USA.

No to personal shopper so far, but I may use one in the future.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
most of the time no, but I usually shop as needed and not ahead. When I go to Costco though absolutely, don't think it's possible to go in that store and not use a cart.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
question is ridiculous.

it's not like i buy the same thing every time so the same answer is valid every time.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cart, basket, or hand, depending on the amount. Using a bag is not a standard thing in grocery stores in my area of the the USA.

No to personal shopper so far, but I may use one in the future.
Using a bag kind of feels like stealing but I sometimes use it to limit what's being bought.
most of the time no, but I usually shop as needed and not ahead. When I go to Costco though absolutely, don't think it's possible to go in that store and not use a cart.
If you want to practice a balancing act you can go without a cart.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hate carrying groceries so I usually only shop enough to fit in one reusable bag / basket.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
they keep making new flavors of oreo and pop tarts
foobeast.com_.jpg

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I just use a basket. We can walk to the grocery store in 5 minutes, so we shop when we need to, rather than a week at a time.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Depends if I'm shopping alone or with somebody else.

2 or more people = cart
me alone = basket

The basket will help limit me to how much I could carry with two hands.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get around via public transit, so I usually just get one paper bag worth of groceries per visit. But when I'm walking around the store and shopping I use one of their baskets usually.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OP what kind of question is this. Depends on the volume/quantity.

Do you want me to go buy a full week's worth of groceries and like be juggling 20+ items in the air and telling the hired staff

"now throw the eggs into my hands in 3...2...1.... NOW, QUICKLY START GRABBING THE VEGGIES!"

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use a basket if I can get away with it, or one of those double decker shortbus carts otherwise.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Surprised the vote for "personal shopper" wasn't tabris.

You generally don't put things into bags when you haven't bought them, at least in America.

I usually go in for a few things and just use my hands... then go over and overburden myself.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
man what the fuck is this thread...should i use a cart if all im buying is a gallon of milk? what about 5 gallons of milk? should i carry 5 gallons of milk with just my hands? hmmm time to stock up on groceries for the month which is usually about $400 worth of food, better not bring any bags though since got gave me these two hands!

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Depend on whether I can carry it all in just my hands. I don't use baskets because I can't take them out of the store to bring items to my car (because I don't use bags).