• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
The ceaseless drudgery of work has crushed me creatively and intellectually. So there's that.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. The change from 20's to 30's is pretty good. It sucks that all the qualities I wanted as a 15 year old only came to me in my 30's: being confident, good fashion sense, dreaming big, less anxious and not worry about how others (girls) think of me. I wish I had this attitude when I was in my teens and 20's.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I've changed considerably throughout my 20s. Now that I'm 30 I'm wondering if those changes were good.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
My life went through some drastic changes over the last decade, and my personality changed with it.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still the same dude. Just more introspective and patient. I think my personality will keep getting better with age honestly.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10 years ago I was 14. I was extremely confused with extreme gender dysphoria and didn't know what it was or how to cope with it. The majority of my social interaction was on the internet unsupervised which was extremely toxic to a young autistic teenager. I was extremely pretentious and judgemental in an attempt to feel justified in my relative isolation.

Nowadays, I've figured out the gender thing and I'm starting to be more of a social person. However issues with my parents and god awful social life in my teenage years have fucked me up and turned me into a pretty shitty person. So one pile of problems solved, a whole new pile created in the process.

10 years ago I was a Capital A Atheist on the path to modern neonazi beliefs. THANKFULLY university and learning about myself snapped me out of that and I went hard in the other direction, now my politics fall more in line with tranarchism/queer ancoms.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
10 years ago I was unemployed and in a dark place, confidenence at rock bottom and cut off from people and the world in various ways.

Now things are much better, I even go travelling solo and meet so many people in the process.

Strangely this makes me closer to the person I was 15 years ago.

One of the big differences from both ages that is I'm not in my head so much, not overthinking everything or being overly concerned about what others think.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I changed quite a bit , I'm more jaded now and don't care to maintain friendships and help people as much as I used to.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Yeah I lost pretty much any kind of hope, respect and trust toward most people and straight up give the cold shoulder to anybody putting up a mask / to anybody faking their persona.

I see through everything from little white lies to clear manipulation in no time so I'm just trying to surround myself with vulnerable people because thats where strength is at. Everyone else can fuck off as far as im concerned, there's also no need for validation from anybody, and I love trying to do new things pretty much all the time because it makes me uncomfortable enough in order to trigger growth. Just good stuff all around really

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
My interests are the same but my personality? Absolutely different. Would be hard to place us as the same person tbh.

Still just as insecure though.

It's one of the reasons when I think and see people in their 19/20 who think they're mature and I (not all cases but in general) think the opposite and I look back at how I was and thought the same but nope your still a naive cocky child idiot.

Last edited:

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
15 to 25, certain parts have absolutely changed. As a teen I was obsessed with how people perceived me and tried hard to seem cool around them, that's changed 100%, I'm more comfortable with who I am and just be that person regardless.

As far as my true personality though, like how I act around close friends and family, I guess it's not that different. Just more mature, obviously.

Yataran

Jul 17, 2018
Copenhagen, DK
I don't party like 27 year old me did. I'm a lot less crude now, at least outwardly! I have the same ideals and moral outlook though. I've never been religious but I can imagine a lot of people can change that way over 10 years.
Similar age range as you... Except that when I was 29 I was definitely religious. However, right at that point I was leaving the very fundamentalist religion I grew up with and moved to a lot more open (but still conservative) ideas. That change felt huge. But nowadays I am agnostic at best and do not have a religious outlook. In any case, I do think that I still hold to similar ethical views and values as back then. Perhaps something of what you are at the core doesn't change wherever you are in your life.

Besides that, during the last 10 years I went through a long period where I wasn't in a good place. Due to spending far too much energy in my work (academia) my introvert side got reinforced, I became more solitary, I went through many bouts of strong depression, and ended up burning out. After taking a good break to rest and changing career, the last 2 years have been a lot better. Now I'm a lot more social and feel I'm generally in a healthier place.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I would probably be way too cool to my 14 year old self to believe.

Working at Starbucks, playing video games still, and still obsessed with the art and skill behind animation. Just western now and not anime.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I found a really dumb bunch of YouTube videos I made in 2007-08, and I was shocked to hear myself talking, I am such a different person now. Of course one does become a very different person at age 15/16 and age 26, but even accounting for that, it's a shock. Glad I've changed so much.

I'd say so..much more self asorbed 10 years ago. way different now with a family, home and 2 kids.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely more chill. I think for years I was a happy go lucky good time charlie on the surface, with a lot of simmering rage, jealousy and pettiness underneath. I'd feel easily slighted, but still always project an air of gregarious jolliness, at least in casual company.

I think I've lost a lot of that toxic fire under the surface and become a LOT more like the person I've always projected, and in doing so, I feel more... genuine? At some point I slowly understood that being bitter and holding grudges just doesn't get you anything. There's no future in it.

Part of it is that I got married and had a couple of kids, and that softened me up some I think. Partly conscientiously, because I didn't want to be a shitty dad, but also just because I don't have time to dwell on unimportant things anymore.

But that cause and effect kinda goes both directions too... having kids may have softened me up (in a good way), but I was already heading down that road before that, or else I wouldn't have been in a place where settling down would be feasible.

Oct 27, 2017
I was 14. I had the same hobbies, like playing guitar and skateboarding and watching B-horror movies. But I was an overconfident jerk with a huge ego. I made YouTube videos 10 years ago, and looking back on them, I'm a more mature person, more educated and understanding now. I was one of those straight-edge-know-it-all types who think they're better than everyone else. I thought I knew everything, but I really knew nothing. One thing I had going for me was ignorant confidence. Blissful, youthful ignorance. I wasn't as exposed to internet forums, social media, psychedelia, self-awareness/consciousness, or even the sheer vastness of the universe. I also wasn't exposed to the corporate soul-sucking 9-5 job machine, either. So I was still naively motivated and excited for a "bright future" in every aspect of life (academics, relationships, career, etc) even though I wasn't that aware of the big, scary world around me.

10 years later, after several ego-death experiences, starting a band with friends, graduating college, many corporate soul-sucking jobs on my resume, and a ton of time to reflect all of my life choices ... I'm a much more open minded, laid-back and chill personality. I'm simply more likable to others now. I lost interest in trying to be "better" than everyone else, and instead started down a path that was geared towards my own creativity and self-reflection. I became a more diverse artist/musician, and started caring more about others around me. I essentially stopped being so self-absorbed and started looking at the world around me with more mature eyes, grateful to exist with my comforts and privileges. I'm still pretty young, so I have a lot to learn about the world, but I'm a better version of myself now than before.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I'm more serious and less fun .....

But that's mainly because I try not to party anymore and alcohol would always make me more fun and outgoing.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I've changed dramatically. Far less self deprecating, less judgemental, more happiness from within. My 30s have been my best decade by far